Buying shadow jago with ki gold

I’m not trying to be toxic, and I’m sorry if it comes across this way. But I don’t think you can throw away everything that has happened before now and start from scratch. Remember, as much as we may all love the competitive scene the number of individuals affected by things that matter to the FGC “scene” is a tiny fraction of the KI community. Yes, they are active and they are vocal, but less than 1% of KI players will ever go to a tournament.

People act as if banning Shago at a tournament would somehow besmirch the game. It’s not like characters have not been banned at tournaments before. Ban him or don’t ban him - the TO’s can decide as they like. If they all hate Kan Ra they can ban him too.

I wouldn’t protest if Shago was made permanently available in the store at any price. But lots of people would. And, frankly, their complaining wouldn’t be off base.

I wasn’t actually talking about you. (Haven’t read the rest of your post yet.)

1 Like

I think it’s misrepresentation to suggest that the reason to care about the competitive scene is just because they’re “vocal”. Microsoft seems to be gearing up to care: esports is part of Microsoft’s pitch for the future of Xbox Live, with them touting new features and infrastructure improvements at GDC. Obviously various MOBAs and other games have made immense fortunes out of their esports empires, and there are rumblings to the effect that the FGC could be headed in a similar direction soon. Competitive KI is something Microsoft should be looking to support, or at least not actively hinder.

And even if only 1% of players care about competitive KI, likely fewer still are obsessive about their Shago exclusivity (how many even have Shago at all?), and, compared to the competitive community, that tiny subset of the player base has vanishingly little ability to positively or negatively affect KI’s sales or Microsoft’s reputation in general.

It kinda does: some kid who put days into training up their cool Shago tech will show up at a local and be told that their character is not allowed. And whilst that story has the trappings of a dogmatic heartstring-pull that isn’t likely to occur even remotely frequently, that’s what is in the back of peoples’ minds when they contemplate this, which is what besmirchment really is, right? It also invalidates IG’s efforts to balance the character, which is a shame.

But all games are besmirched by something or other, and I’m not trying to say this’ll kill competitive KI.

Frankly, I think the Xbox fanboys complaining about PC players getting Quantum Break had a far better case than the Shago exclusivity enthusiasts, and Microsoft won a lot of good favour in the gaming world by playing the inclusivity card there and hanging those guys out to dry.

Also, at least as far as I’m concerned, people who look to exclusivity to get a sense of “I’m special, I have a thing that other people don’t” are likely to be shallow, narcissistic people who probably have little else going for them in life to feel proud of. I generally consider that kind of person to be off base about most things, let alone this.

THey should lower the price to 5 bucks, having a char that costs double the price makes the game look Pay2Win

1 Like
  1. He is a “fundraiser” character, hence the more $.
  2. He isn’t an overpowered or unbalanced character.

The kid should probably have read the tournament rules beforehand.

Internet psychology 101. Go get 'em, Sigmund Freud.

i’m never buying this dude for more than $1, lol, I don’t even pick regular jago or half the cast of the supreme edition i just bought.

At least they didn’t do this for some version of Orchid like a dirty little mobile game would, there’d be riots

1 Like

This is still going? It’s a frigging character ffs! Go outside and get some fresh air, it’s only a game, the rage in here is getting to a new level XD pretty hilarious that people can get so mad over it, I bet most people are annoyed because others have something they don’t well everyone else paid for it with cash so get over it, ig won’t just ■■■■■ everyone else over who paid for it by saying ok well let you use ki gold that you got free with what ever bundle, OK let’s say they let you use ki gold, well what if it costs £8 in ki gold all you’ve done there is 2 transactions with the same money, you guys are funny

i don’t think anyone on this thread gives two ■■■■■ about shadow jago, tbh. if they love the character they bought him already. it’s just annoying thinking supreme=complete when it’s really not

1 Like

When did they say he’s gonna cost that much?

Cost how much?

I meant the Arbiter. Is Arby really gonna be $10?

This 100%. Now if it was like Shadow Thunder or some kind of alternate version of a character I use then I would justify paying. Not having another version of Jago is no big deal. I’ve never played with him and don’t plan to anytime soon.

1 Like

That is what I hear…

It has to be a mistake, either that or microsoft has lost their damn minds

1 Like

$10 for Arbiter!? Really!? LOL! Wow MS.

He plays differently to jago, whcih is why a lot of people have a hard time working him out in battles , especially online.

1 Like

That’s a good point. For me though its more so just based on the character itself. I’m just more likely to purchase a character if it is an alternate form of a character I use (like Shadow Thunder for example) instead of one that I don’t use.

That’s fair enough, i play with everyone, but riptor became my main unexpectedly after a slew of online battle resulting in me destroying everyone lol

1 Like

I have to believe its a mistake.