At Least I Have Hands: a thread for therapy and amputee jokes

Great present, he’d never lose!! :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Good luck man.

A friend of mine lost her foot to sarcoma last year. She actually ASKED for her foot back and the hospital complied. She had her amputated foot defleshed and mounted.

She has an instagram account for her Foot adventures.

This might cheer you up. It’s a tough road, but that doesn’t mean you have to lose your since of humor.

7 Likes

Best of luck to you! Maybe if you concentrate hard enough you can reproduce your limb like Piccolo.

Hope everything turns out in the best way possible! :grin::thumbsup:

7 Likes

“Low-key” (as the youths would say) - I dawdle on updating this thread until I feel like i need a real jolt of uplift. Y’all are the best for keeping a dude in good spirits, recharging the funny bone as it were.

BBA had earlier expressed that it would best to have real life humans to talk and share and help get thru (mentally, emotionally, what have you) - the thing about real humans face-to-face is that they unconsciously express their own terror and pity on those faces.

You guys and gals don’t. You crack a joke, pat on the shoulder, chin up and on to the next match.

I’m gonna be so effing good at SkipIt.

8 Likes

Yep, gotta agree.

Ain’t no party like an online party 'cause an online party don’t…

#Error 404 Party Not Found

:joy:

10 Likes

Good at Skip-It maybe, but I’d put money down on you being the absolute worst at Dance Dance Revolution.

:arrow_up::ballot_box_with_check:

:arrow_left::ballot_box_with_check:

:arrow_left::arrow_right::x:

11 Likes

My wife and I were actually just talking about getting back into DDR post-recovery. I used to actually be quite good, placing well and even winning several local tourneys 2003-2009.

I love a good challenge. Even if I’ll never achieve the level I once was, I’ll get some hella cardio and laughs along the way.

1 Like

I was so into DDR when I lived in an apartment where we could only play when the downstairs neighbors weren’t home. And I gave up the PS2 ages ago. Now that we have room I’d love to get back into this. Is there a good way to get back into this with modern equipment?

1 Like

Have you tried the kinect dance games? I got it for free with my kinect…its kind of hard! Im not a great dancer so thats prob 99% of the problem!
I played the standing stomping dance game at KIWC. They had an Arcade area with that and 4 KI classic 1-2 machines.

1 Like

Yeah. I kind of hate the Kinect dance games. My daughter likes them but my OCD tendencies make me nuts that the sensor doesn’t accurately read what’s going on.

1 Like

I used to do the Work out game … I did the kick boxing with the hot blonde girl. LOL…I really enjoyed it! The kinect worked well and out of all my friends i was in 2nd place in points and badges, But after my hernia/appendix surgery I havent tried it again.

1 Like

There is tons of awesome modern equipment if you’re interested in spending a bit. The ITG guys actually just made and produced a high quality arcade dance pad with USB input (for hooking up to, say, a computer with Stepmania) that goes for about $1000 or so. I dunno if you’re looking to spend that kind of money but there are really high quality options out there.

2 Likes

Good luck

1 Like

Today I sacrificed my leg to the hopes of an easier future. Surgery went well, only took a few hours. Epidural is being finnicky and dear blimey gosh it feels like someone cut my bloody leg off.

I am alive, I am recovering. I will be in this hospital for 5-7 days while the stump flap heals up, then I’ll be transferred to a physical rehab center to get fitted for a temp prosthesis and to learn how to walk on it, maybe 3-4 weeks. Approximately 3 months until I can be fitted for the permanent prosthesis, so I gotta get cracking on 3D printer accessibility.

I got to keep much more of the leg than I had expected, which is awesome if a little worrisome (if it doesn’t heal that far down, they’ll have to cut again).

It’s midnight. Family left, I am by my lonesome in this hospital room, and so thought I’d update this thread. Thank you all for being you.

Skeletal - just a couple months before I’m SkipIt ready!

PS if you’re on vacation or a Michigander w too much free time and gas to spare… :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

@MDMMORNING going to be the terminator.

2 Likes

Well I should hope so. :wink:

3 Likes

Glad you’ve gotten through the first step (I’m not sure if that was an intentional pun or not) and wish you well on your road to recovery, hope you get some kick ■■■ prosthetics. (I think I’d be going for the Planet Terror gun leg myself.) :grin:

3 Likes

Look at the bright side, you can no longer start off on the wrong foot!

I hope you will recover as soon as possible from this man, keep the positive attitude!

PD: love the painting in the other leg xD

6 Likes

Glad it went well friend! One of my best friends from my first band had his leg amputated a few years ago and now you wouldn’t even know unless he told you. He works a full time job, posts on FB all day, does more now than he did before the accident. So you shouldn’t have any problems becasue this dude was a bum alcoholic and you seem much smarter than him lol
Keep us updated daily and play some KI!

3 Likes