Are we really alive?

Or are we a figment of someone or somethings imagination?

2 Likes

Religious debate aside, based on what you know of our world and the living beings in it, do you really think that anything could be imaginative enough to think about all 7 billion of us and our own unique thoughts at the same time?

Not a rhetorical question.

2 Likes

Is this the real life? ♪

8 Likes

what if we’re dead and this is hell?

What if we are all attached to a machine and living within one single matrix?

1 Like

or what if, that machine is attached to the mind of a celestial being and we’re all just a figment of its imagination forever stuck in a dream?

1 Like

Am I the only one who does not have many existential thoughts? I had them when I was younger, but as time passes and I get older, I realize how small and insignificant I am in background to the whole world, the whole universe. That makes me embrace my insignificantness and try to enjoy present moment as much as I can.

3 Likes

Punch yourself in the face. :wink:

1 Like

I would say we are living. I mean, if we are in some form of matrix reality, then it sure fooled me. Though, I’d like to believe that we are living spiritually and no matter what belief we lean towards, we will never cease to coexist in this life or the next. Our shell or body is just a fragment of what lies within the inside.

To quote Zenyatta, “true self is without form.” so even if our body or visible self is not real, our spirits, very much are.

2 Likes

The real question is:

Does it matter?

5 Likes

…for all I know you all are just text and pictures on my computer screen. :confused:

5 Likes

All is matter but nothing matters, not even matter. Not that it matters.

4 Likes

What if we are all just physical extensions of the one true consciousness (some might call this “God”)? People who have died and come back often tell similar stories; how they felt like they were truly alive and connected to the source after they had passed.

We are all currently alive in this 3rd dimension but the real question is: Is this the real reality?

1 Like

No

1 Like

^This.

Whatever is rendering your surrounds, be it “reality” or some part of yours or someone else’s brain, it seems to be doing an awful lot of work and should probably be given due attention.

2 Likes

Well, anything’s possible (obviously), but given that I’ve never seen something that can imagine anything in to existence by sheer force of that imagination and that imagination alone, that doesn’t really strike me as a possibility I’d put much stock in to, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or are we living in either a holographic universe or just one of the countless multiverses/alternate universes that we are living in rather? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

who are we