Are we getting any new content this tuesday?

Nevermind, nothing to see here…

2 Likes

:gift::tada: Happy Tuesday! :balloon::sparkles:

Seriously, with 2 weeks to go until the Xbox One X gets here, I’d really appreciate a post like this one from the Gears of War crew that details what to look out for in the upcoming KI patch:

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-4/xbox-one-x-enhanced

I’m looking forward to trying out Killer Instinct, Gears of War 4, Halo 5, ReCore, Resident Evil 5, & other games in my collection on the new console. SOON. :green_heart:

-Zenek

2 Likes

Anyone else notice yesterday that gold skins went out for DE owners? At least they did for me, all except for the Tusk, Aganos, Thunder pack. Took me by surprise, I figured we’d get them the same day as the release of the Rash, Kilgore, Shinsako pack

Have they said anything about when the last gold pack (or packs?) will drop? I’m sure the “content every Tuesday” thing is long gone, but I was just wondering.

Apparently KIs Xbox one x update is already live and its just the 4k resolution. It doesn’t even have hdr.

1 Like

Ah, well- Thanks for hunting that news bit for me, and while the lack of HDR support is a bit of a bummer, I’m still holding out hope for ultra-quick loading times and spatial sound. My pal @SightlessKombat would definitely appreciate the latter!

I wonder when/(IF?) we’re getting an official rundown of what to expect for KI on Xbox One X, but I appreciate the 3rd party news link, @SithLordEDP!

-Zenek

Gold Pack 8 - Shin Hisako and Kilgore for $3.49

Actually we knew that a while ago. I just bought a tv with hdr and frankly while the tv has incredible light dark contrast - which is really cool to look at, I can’t tell the difference between the hdr content and not hdr content. So I don’t know if this is really that big a bummer.

I hope that KI allows me to set it to run in 1080p on my 4k tv if I want to. I’d like to actually do the comparison and see if I notice a difference.

It’s that time again! :grin:

-Zenek

Probably won’t be anything

Other than KI getting an update for the Xbone X, has there been anything new happening to the game this past year?

Besides some gold skin releases, not really.

We are still short like 5 crimson cards
Owl
Tiki
Lion
Watcher
Can’t remember the last

1 Like

Do we really have to revive this thread every tuesday? It’s obvious the whole “content every tuesday” thing is long over.

2 Likes

I wondered this too. I think they would just put something new in the news feed.

Eh, why not? It’s not hurting anything, and it’s a good reminder that there’s more KI coming… Well, maybe not #soon, but #eventually. We’ve got the comic, a few Crimson Guardians, and a note from the KI Twitter feed that there’s more to come.

Don’t take it from me; when someone said “…AND NOW the game is dead,” Killer Instinct replied with:

Staying positive! Bring me Sharkman! Bring me more monsters! More Shadow Lords story missions! Season 4! If nothing else, this thread is a reminder of the hope for more great stuff coming to my favorite Xbox One game. #NewContentTuesdayForLife

-Zenek

10 Likes

Yes it does. I’m in pain right now. Because of you. Ow.

1 Like

It was only potential damage at best- Walk it off and I promise not to end any combos for a few more seconds. :face_with_head_bandage:

-Zenek

5 Likes

If noone’s said already, the game does load a fair amount quicker than you might expect. Spatial sound isn’t required given that KI’s sound design is good enough already, coupled with the fact that it is only on a 2-d field (i.e. left/right), height can be conveyed but I don’t think it’s worth implementing a fair amount of the time.

Regardless, I’d really like to see an arcade ladder still.

2 Likes

I still can’t even play shadow survival because of the error downloading shadows and the first time in a month I come back to ranked I get paired with a 15 star.