Are character stages really important?

I’m INSANELY sad about this…
no matter how it all fits together… if it’s because we’re not getting very many characters… it sucks, but they’ll price it accordingly

If real KI characters don’t have a stage of their own that’s just STUPIDLY sad :frowning:

We can already figure that AT LEAST one original KI character is not getting a stage… would probably say it’s Gargos, since his theme is already part of the already shared Shadow Tigers Lair

But what about other new characters? It would just feel weird if suddenly a new character was “using” another characters music… it would take away from personification of not only that character, but also destroy some of the personality of the one who originally had that stage

1 Like

ou are right fulsome Ripton almost don’t need one… but it still helps

Maybe it’s about showing humanity?

Sadria may as TJ combo and orchid are all pretty vital…

TJ without his stage would he a total bore? And maya without her temple? You know the temple that the whole games set around lol…

I agree …

But I was thinking… they said NEW stages…

What if we are getting destroyed versions of old stages?

Gargos is invading though the portal possibly with other bosses… could we get a TJ city on fire?

Or the pinical samples my demons?

I’m guessing we arnt… but that would be bareable

I have posted this in the other thread, so I’ll post it here as well as it’s an opinion:
I find it odd that they are so attached to “Only 3 stages for season 3”, while here we’ve showed that 95% of the members discussing it are really disappointed; I’m not saying that they have time to change that for release, but time to change it in the future but it seems not to be the case. At some point they will have to understand we are not happy with this, no matter if they come up with:
1)The stageless characters are put in an existing stage with their own new music;
2)The stageless characters are put in an universal/generic stage with their own music;
3)The stageless characters are put in an existing stage only;
4)The stageless characters are put in a random stage;
So devs, if you are considering a Community found, prepare for some really nice work because I’m sure 1 stage per character will win any poll you make.

I mean you can easily show these things with a lot of concept art, deep vibrant personality in the charecter and a story that conveys the things that a stage would have.

Would it still suck to be stageless? Of course! But I don’t think it will make the charecters lifeless/any lesser than other characters if IG does this right

I’m pretty sure they hinted at three/four characters

New Alien
Maya’s sister
Disavowed Member( this maybe tusk so idk)
Eagle

Kim Wu and Tusk returning, Gargos is most likely returning too

Rash, Arbiter, and ( we’re like literally one Joanna Dark short. I wouldn’t be surprised if its someone else tho)

Would Guile have been same Guile without THAT theme tune?

Im imaging if KI season 1 and 2 were like 3… no Sadira stage (shes new so priority would be 3 popular returning characters instead) or KI without the Arganos theme track etc… it just wouldnt have been the same. 3 stages is gut wrenching, im kinda deflated still by whole thing lol

1 Like

Kan-Ra’s general and noble cursed by the king were hinted too

Isn’t that noble already playable?

Guys what if these are the NEW old stages…

Mocked this up on my phone don’t laugh…

Would 4 “invaded” stages hit the button for you?

2 Likes

I’m more upset and how they worded it. Makes me think they don’t want to do more stages. It would’ve been simple as “guys we’ve been super busy your only getting three stages until we have time to work on more” but it was just there stages, we have a right to know why we are only getting three and why they aren’t trying to even say we’ll make more later in the season when we have more time and money.

There is a def amount of “that’s how it is” going on

We must realise that we r the hardcore and we always mean at these people even though we don’t know how much they are putting in lol.

Still new character trailers without backgrounds is gonna look kinda awkward.

@WandaMaximoff I agree only 3 stages is disappointing…seems like they had to cut somethings budget wise to be able to accompish other new things…and stages was the cut. Maybe the trade off is we get Gargos and Eyedol as playable characters? Maybe We are not getting Gargos playable at all?

What if the only character left is TUSK? NO vampire, No Mayas sister. Just 4 characters and that’s it?
Its a possibility…I just hope its not the case.

1 Like

“His hubris led him to orchestrate a conspiracy against his monarch that involved a wealthy noble, a general, a bandit, and himself. The King, much wiser than the conspirators, was well prepared for this betrayal. He used all the powers at his disposal and the darkest magicks he could conjure to curse each of the four, damning them with unique punishments.”

Noble: vampire? Eternal blood hunger
General: zombie. Eternally unable to command nobody
Bandit: Spinal. Eternal slave
Kan-Ra: eternally rotting for his treason

Just some guessing

1 Like

Yeah I’m disappointed…

But then LCD and the world did ask for a PC version… something has to give.

I say 8 characters still they need to be able to sell this game lol.

I mean maybe the ultra edition will give us backgrounds? Lol.

I dunno… Kim tusk rash arby Gargos plus 4 more I’d say.

Considering rash and arby have 0 story and there is only 3 levels here’s hoping we get a whole MK single player story loool.

LOVE but the zombie not so much. Awsome tho. …

Maybe the kings wife is the vampire as kan ra wad trying to seduce her?

Now way we aren’t getting an MK story… that takes MOCAP and basically a movie style production team. Its gong to be the same style story mode this time, maybe just more in depth or longer.
MK style takes years to develop… we haven’t had but 8 months at maximum.

Maybe there will be KI2 stages added to the dojo back ground and DOJO will be a selectable stage?

1 Like

Kill me now loooool.

What gets me is Kis Balace and game play is fine… yet it gets ALL the polish

1 Like

Noble and General will be merged into Eyebol, the Noble no longer able to think for himself and the General unable to control his on body… Now both are eternally dependants.

3 Likes