Arcade ladder/time trial

I know I’m bothering, but can any of the @developers or @BlitzedKraig which I saw online please answer if we can hope or not?

1 Like

We always listen to what the community wants. Some things are easier than others to accommodate. If we were to ever do a ladder, we’d want to do a fresh take on it or give it an unexpected twist.

That would be cool…and a simple, simple, simple option for random rematch in VS CPU?
Someting like when the “?” is selected for the opponent or the level (or both), after the fight ends, if “random rematch” is selected, it would pick a new random opponent or level or both depending on whether the “?” has only been selected for one of them or both.

At now every time you want to change opponent in VS CPU you must return to the menu, select your character (and the cursor is focused on Jago everytime you enter the menu), select the customization, select the color, and repeat for the opponent, the level and the music.
A random rematch would be simple and functional (DOA and KOF already have this option).
Or a time trial…

@BlitzedKraig you’re the only one who answered, please!
C’mon, c’mon, c’mon, c’mon, c’mon, c’mon…

In terms of XP gain, Shadow Lords wil be able to get you all of that and more!

2 Likes

Cool! Would it ever be possible to just make survival into an option to where there is no health restriction? SO it would just be a never ending ladder?

That would satisfy most of the ppl wanting a ladder. Its the survival heath that is the part thats unappealing since you dont have a choice.

thanks for your time.

1 Like

Great idea :thumbsup: that would make anyone happy, win-win.

Anyway, I don’t think it’s only a matter of XP…I mean, XP points can be used to customize your character, you can also buy customization or boosters with real money, but you can only use customization in:

• S1 story (limited to S1 characters)
  • survival (with healt limitations)
  • vs cpu (with limits due to interface choices and loading times)
  • Shadow Lords (probably, and with other type of limitations like perks, customized rules for every fight, etc.)

It’s strange to think that something so long to achieve (like color 9) or something that is done you pay cannot be used for things like shadow mode (regarding colors) or a true arcade ladder (which is something a beat’em up should have, anway), even more considering that you can do the right things with S1 characters.

Yeah I dont use exclusively for Xp but what I mean is when I play the AI I want to play random characters without returning to the character select screen. the only way to do that is through survival, but then you have the health restriction… if that could be removed and just call it an ENDLESS TOWER… Id be super happy with that! And if the Shadow lab AI could be integrated with that…oh man!!! Awesome!

So why does Shadow lab have survival to collect data for your character when playing Survival doesnt allow you to play the correct way you would normally play? You are not going to use the same tactics of a normal match when you start a match with only 1 life bar.

1 Like

So this ^

1 Like

Omg Yes ! Arcade Ladder Please ! Just like the classic Killer Instinct. Just a regular ladder. YES YES YES !

1 Like

I could dig it. Then again, I play nobody but S1 characters, so… :confused: S1 Story Mode is fine for now.

I’d love some arcade ladders. Maybe they could put their own spin on it, like you get a KI1 ladder, a KI2 ladder, ladders by season, ladders by character background, etc.

I’d also love it if beating the ladders unlocked some new lore element, like a picture plus a dossier that gives more cannon info about what happens to them in the story. I think that’d be fun.

I’m also really hoping for a Tournament Mode. Maybe it starts off in Shadow Lords as a sort of story mode type of thing, but once you beat the whole tournament, you unlock a different sort of arcade ladder look (because it’s basically the same thing), where it starts as a stylized 32 character bracket and your picture keeps advancing as you win through the bracket until you get some sort of worthwhile ending? Maybe you could even get multiple endings per character?

1 Like

NO LADDERS BY Season!!! NO!!!

lol… please no bad idea. I cant stand not being able to pick a certain character currently in the S1 and 2 story modes. No more of that.

Now I can deal with a specific Season BOSS…but not playable only by particular season characters

3 Likes

Oh no man, I meant as options. Like you could select just a totally random ladder, or maybe you can choose to organize it a certain way, like by season or by character vendettas or whatever. I didn’t mean that seasonal ladders should be the default choice and certainly not the only choice.

Sorry I was unclear on that!

3 Likes

oh yeah cool…ok I got ya.

I really so wish you could have boss battles per each seasons BOSS. thats would be so cool!

3 Likes

That’d be awesome! I’d be down with that, 100%.

1 Like

Something else that would be neat is if they laid out an arcade ladder similar to Bust-a-move where you have multiple starting points, you go through a lattice where after every match you can pick between one character or another, and eventually you will end at one of 3 or 4 final choices, which would be a boss…but the choices you make all throughout the game would determine which boss you end up on.

3 Likes

I would be shocked if they made a S3 ladder in the first place. I miss the mural that you unlocked once you got all the ending unlocked

1 Like

That’d be awesome! I know it’d take a while, but it’d be awesome if each character got a different dossier depending on which boss they beat, so you’d be encouraged to play through several times with each character to try and collect them all.

1 Like

I said I was chill with it for now (note that). I would love the idea of multiple ladders.

Arcade ladder with Shadows as the opponents, not CPU AI