Any Transformers fans here?

oh man that voltrons way too round for my taste!

I donā€™t like the movies at all. The transformers just look like a mishmash of techno garbage. And seeing friggin optimus primes lips all the time made me uncomfortable, like he has his pants down.

Yeah, theyā€™ve been trying to give Optimus a mouth ever since Beast Wars. Itā€™s one of those things where lazy animators donā€™t know how to use his eyes and voice acting to make him emote well, so they kept wanting to give him a mouth to help him be more expressive. And every version of him with a mouth looks bad.
Up until that point they had pretty well explained it away that he didnā€™t have a mouth, and as well didnā€™t need one because wellā€¦heā€™s a robotā€¦but once they started to drift away from the whole factory-built sentient robot concept and more towards the inorganic alien life idea they started asking unnecessary questions such as how do they eat, how do they talk, how do they reproduce (yeah, apparently some people think that needs to be a thing), and the related do girls serve a purpose other than astheticsā€¦stuff like thatā€¦ and Hasbroā€™s official take on all of it is multiverse theoryā€¦itā€™s all canon and the only constant is Primus and Unicronā€¦everything else is up for grabs and is fair & good so long as the money keeps rolling in.

Back when I was on transformer forums regularly all of this was constantly and heavily debated, so much so that it still sticks with me even though I havenā€™t been on them since Revenge of the Fallen came out. :confused:

As far as Voltron is concernedā€¦ Yeah, I get what youā€™re saying, but Iā€™m fine with its roundnessā€¦itā€™s still a really nice setā€¦from what I have of it at least. And the new show is really good, so this Voltron IMHO is a worthy successor to the original.

Not to mention this Voltron is like a third of the going price for an equivalent version of the original, which would run you about $300. I like the original Voltron, but not that much.

2 Likes

Ayyyyy.

Sorry for use potato quality.

@WrathOfFulgore @HWSlenderCashew @MandrillManiac

4 Likes

i have that game its awsome

I particularly like how they got as many of the original voice actors from the G1 cartoon as they could. Wish they could have had Chris Lotta as well (Starscream, Wheeljack, Cobra Commander from GI Joe even), but sadly he died back in the early 90ā€™s I believe. :cry:
Every 'Scream since pales in comparison. His was just so awesomely over-the-top.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really play any Transformers games anymore.

At least not since the Cybertron games by High Moon were canceled. War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were two of my favorite games of all time and I was eagerly awaiting the third installment when they got to Earth so I could see some epic G1 style High Moon Studios actionā€¦ But it never came.

Instead we got this weird half-cybertron half-movie garbage game made by someone else that ripped off all of the assets from the first two games into this weird bastardized hybrid that was awful on all account.

Then instead of making Fall of Cybertron backwards compatible on Xbox One they greedily released a port that isnā€™t even an improvement at full-price for an old 360 game, which from what I heard the community for was DOA because of the price. : P

Yeah Iā€™m salty, I miss those games so much. Never played Devastation but it looks gorgeous though, sexy G1 graphics.

i loved chris lotta but i think the best starscream voice is steve blum but thats my opinion
there are alot of transformers characters voices that are awsome i think frank welker has the best megatron voice but my favorite is the animated megatron peter is the best optimus and my favorite there are many voices i like

I just unlocked Grimlock! Combat is super fun! Thatā€™s why I am biggest fan of Platinum Games. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have the star saber and dark star saber :slight_smile: with nemesis prime goldbug and red alert

@MandrillManiac @WrathOfFulgore @KevBones10 my favorite transformers devastation boss fights are
1: starscream

2: shockwave
3: megatron

1 Like

hey @WrathOfFulgore @MandrillManiac @KevBones10 found out that there were two different color version of quake blast!! the figure i have has the colors of the comic book but these 2 look crispy af

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit partial to the Devastator/Menasor fights myself, but thatā€™s probably because
A: I like combiners
B: I have both of them

2 Likes

but do you hhave bruticus the combaticons? thats my favorite combiner

I have Defensor, Superion, Computron, Victorion, Optimus Maximus, Sky Reign, Menasor, Devastator, and Bruticus from the Combined Wars line.
Iā€™ve got a few G1 combiners as well, though half of them are knockoffs. But of the legit ones I have reissues of Piranacon and Predaking.

2 Likes

with 200 dollars now what transformer should i buy? @MandrillManiac @KevBones10 @WrathOfFulgore

Well, I have all 5 lions now:

And yep, heā€™s just as big as Devastator:

ā€¦I had to do this one just for fun:

4 Likes

I beat Transformers Devastation story mode! Sideswipe combos is super awesome. I will unlock every achievements later. :slight_smile:

I hope we will get TF:D 2! Decepticon playables please

3 Likes

yes plss i wanna play shockwave and starscream

1 Like

Anyone seen this set yet?
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS25448&mode=retail

One of the neat parts is Magnus Prime, which is the Japanese of Powermaster Optimus Prime (apparently renamed Magnus Prime in this set), and itā€™d be neat to have, because then I could get the Japanese God Bomber and make his super mode:

3 Likes