Any Transformers fans here?

I meant Fall of Cybertron… never heard of War fro Cybertron…whats that on?

Same…360/PS3… Fall of Cybertron was pretty much just War for Cybertron 2, they both play about the same. Probably the biggest difference in play is War for Cybertron’s campaign can be played 3-player co-op, and Fall’s campaign is single player and focuses more on individual 'bots and 'cons and their unique abilities.

2 Likes

I’m agree with @WrathOfFulgore. Transformers WFC AND FOC are my favorite TF games of all time! I would play FOC on Xbox One if I have $$! But I’m still waiting for High Moon studios make new Transformers Cybertron 3…

If I were to rank all the Transformers games I’ve ever played:

1&2: War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron
3: Transformers Armada on PS2 (Just called Transformers)
4: Devastation (I’d put it higher, but IMHO Armada had more replayability with the minicon weapon system.)

7:Transformers Tatakai (Japanese only PS2 game…the 3 number skip is because of the quality drop-off)
8: Transformers 1st live action movie game
9:Transformers: Mystery of Convoy on Famicom

13 and lower: Anything Beast Wars related.

Edit: I forgot the original live action movie game…it’s in there now.

WHat about rise of the dark spark? I found that one horrible! I took it back and traded it in!

I haven’t played that one, but I heard it was rather poor.

1 Like

Like @WrathOfFulgore says, those transformer games are amazing. To me they are definitely in my top 30 of games I ever played, and Ive been gaming since the Nes days. If you’re a Transformer fan I cant imagine you not liking the game. And I would rate them must play. The feeling of running around shooting and then transforming and flying away is so well done. I even liked the multiplayer and I rarely play shooter multiplayer except Halo.

2 Likes

This just popped up on Youtube, and it’s a really good video IMHO…it’s a pretty long one, so you might want to save it for when you’ve got some free time, but yeah:

1 Like

Wow…this thread needs a bit more love. I didn’t realize it’s been so long since it was last posted in.

…Maybe it’d be better if I had a more positive post to revive it with…

Hope everyone liked the Cybertron games… because I’m pretty sure they’re not making another.

But don’t worry, we still have the lootbox-riddled mobile games.

…On the brighter side, I recently got Titans Return Sixshot:

…fun fact: He has all of his original modes, even his gun mode…only to avoid controversy they flipped it upside down and now call it a “submarine”…but it’s not really fooling anyone:

And here’s the original G1 gun mode:

1 Like

:grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Ooooh, What’s this?! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve got a couple more pictures…I’m kinda taking it slow with this guy. He came with a massive sticker sheet similar to what the original Transformers had (all the big ones do), and it’s rather time-consuming to put all of them on…I mean there’s only about 160 different stickers…

I had to do a bit of research on him, there are some batches of them that have unreasonably strong springs in the hip ratchet joints, and will actually damage them through even moderate use. It seems so far mine was one of the fortunate batches that don’t self-destruct.
I’ll post more pics later, but this is what I’ve taken so far:

3 Likes

Here’s a couple more pics of Trypticon in city mode and of his smaller car TF Full-tilt with his titan master Necro.

And then I went off to do something and my kids kinda took over the base:

3 Likes

Is that transformers millennium falcon?

Yeah, but I don’t transform it anymore as it suffers from gold plastic syndrome.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gold_Plastic_Syndrome

Got a question about the Transformers that I’ve been wondering for quite sometime now: Have there been ANY Autobots who became Decepticons willingly and by choice? In turn, have there been ANY Decepticons who became Autobots (again) willingly and by choice?

Several. They typically handle sides like how people handle political parties. There are some that are dead-set on one faction, some dead-set for the other, some that lie somewhere in the middle, and some that play jump rope with enemy lines. A few I can think of off the top of my head would be Wheeljack from the Armada series (Autobot to Decepticon)

Drift from the IDW comics (Decepticon to Autobot)

Dinobot from Beast Wars (Predacon to Maximal)

And even Megatron in the comics (Decepticon to Autobot)

There have been some others that technically carry both Autobot and Decepticon emblems, such as the Autobot spy Punch who turns into a Decepticon named Counterpunch

And one of my personal favorites, a powermaster named Doubledealer, who is essentially a mercenary that will fight for the highest bidder (Autobot robot, Decepticon beast mode)
http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/doubledealer.gif

1 Like

Now from what I’ve gathered as well as understand about the overall Transformers lore and universe:

1. Cybertron’s origins is basically AND essentially composed of and at the same time formed from the body of this cosmic deity?

2. Between the cartoon and comic book versions of Transformers, the comic book version happens to have a MORE darker tone/theme to it than the cartoon version? Or depends on which one you’re reading?

It’s a lot to digest, so I’ll just answer it by posting this video. Keep in mind though that the guy explaining things starts throwing in his own ideas starting around 8:14, so while it is an interesting idea on how it all fits together, it is in no way “official”…actually as far as I can tell Hasbro’s official stance on anything is so long as they keep making money, anything you want to believe works, does.

1 Like