Any manga/anime fans?

Cory in the house is my favorite anime of all time! :smiley:

2 Likes

:laughing: I love this meme

2 Likes

Love both, but I am very selective.

Just to name name a few; Fate/Stay Night, Seven Deadly Sins, Ghibli Studio works, Avatar, etc.

@oDragonSpirit is a bigger fan of anime/manga than I am though, she helped me relive my love for them.

3 Likes

I watched the first Fullmetal Alchemist (the one that ended up not following the manga all the way through to the end) and loved it!! Might me one of my favorite animeā€™s.

Is the second one equally as good? Better?

These three are amazing :sunglasses:

Also love DBZ, Bleach and Naruto, although the last two really lost me with their fillersā€¦

Havent watched a lot of anime recently, except ghe beginning of Death Note, which is really cool, will have to finish that.

Also had an anime I loved watching when I was younger, cant remember if it was really good though, I think it was called 3x3 eyes or somethingā€¦anyone familiar with it?

Yeah that is how the Naruto anime kind of lost me. I can live with filler and even a few episodes of filler but multiple full length arcs of filler? Na son lol

I wonder if they will do a version of Naruto like they did Dragon Ball Kai. A rerelease of the whole series minus all filler and slightly updated look.

2 Likes

@KevBones10 Not only is there going to be a live-action JoJo flick, but theyā€™ve signed on the one and only Takashi Miike to direct it! Iā€™m personally more hype for Takashiā€™s involvement than I am for JoJo itself, but still!

As to the topic, Iā€™ve seen my share of anime, but as Iā€™ve gotten older and my tastes have changed a bit, I find that I donā€™t enjoy most of the beatā€™em-up-centric animes that I used toā€¦ Samurai Champloo and FMA still have special places in my heart though.

To list some personal recommendations:
Ghost In The Shell (all of it! all of it! all of it!)
Ghost In The Shell (I really mean all of it!)
Ghost In The Shell (that includes Innocence!)
Armitage the Third
Armitage: Dual Matrix
Battle Angel: Alita
Robotech (all of it! but especially Macross Plus)
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040
Summer Wars
Gunsmith Cats
The Daily Lives of High School Boys*
*donā€™t judge it 'til youā€™ve seen it. Itā€™s both hilarious, and relatable in hindsight. Maybe not even hindsight, depending on the age of the viewer.

Dirty Pair (blurred because guilty pleasure, but if Iā€™m being real with yā€™all, thatā€™s my jam.)

MUST WATCH:
Paranoia Agent (perhaps the best serial anime to ever have existed, in my less-than-humble opinion)
Tekkonkinkreet (hands down the best anime, period)
Paprika (in comparison, Inception was a bad knock-off, and I really liked that film)
FLCL (best metaphor for puberty ever televised in the US)

And a shoutout to The Boondocks. Itā€™s American, but youā€™re trippinā€™ if youā€™re tellinā€™ me it ainā€™t anime. And itā€™s funny. NSFGrandparents-that-enjoyed-the-newspaper-comic, though.

Honorable mention to Slayers for not being remotely sci-fi. Also, if weā€™re talking HILARIOUS anime, thereā€™s a YouTube parody of Free! (which I havenā€™t watched) called 50% Off! that is absolutely a knee-slapper.

EDIT: I hadnā€™t realized how into anime with female protagonists that may or may not be robots I am until proof-reading this post.

I would love for Naruto and Bleach to both do this. I would def buy all the boxsets to own the complete series if they did. I love buying my anime but the way Shippuden is sold right now is just meh, nothing really good for your money or that seems like a good deal. So many boxes with not that many episodes for the price plus littered with filler :frowning:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t watched Yu-Gi-Oh since Jetix, man.

1 Like

I already know that. This is dumbā€¦ It will be suck. -_-

2 Likes

I miss Satoshi Konā€¦ :cry:
Perfect Blue is my favorite Satoshiā€™s movie!

3 Likes

Top 3: One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, and Yuyu Hakusho

Other past favs:

Fate Stay Night
Fate Zero
Guren Lagan
Full Metal Alchemist
Darker than Black
Mushishi
Berserk
Mob Psycho 100
Silver Spoon
Soul Eater
Bleach
Highschool of the Dead
Fist of the North Star
Attack on Titan
Samurai Champloo

1 Like

So I recently became interested in Devilman but I am not sure if I should watch the anime series or the OVAs or the movies lol can somebody familair with the series help me out?

Where can I watch this?

It looks sick lol

Ughā€¦ I hate that movie because itā€™s very darkā€¦

1 Like

Thank you so much @KevBones10!

Now can I watch that by itself and understand the story, or should I watch the regular anime or the other OVAā€™s and movies first?

Ah. I think you should watch first Devilman movie. Even sequel too!
If you watched them, you will understand the story.

Hereā€™s two link!

First Devilman movie:

Devilman 2 movie:

Devilman 3 is Amon the apocalypse of Devilman.

Hey, Devilman anime series is not based on manga, thatā€™s why Devilman show is not popular.

1 Like

Dude, thank you for this! Youā€™re the man!

1 Like

No problems!

You should watch Jojo anime!