Any manga/anime fans?

Death Note is an amazing thriller anime with tons of twists and turns and complex characters. It’s got great music, animation, and superb acting in both languages. Give it a go.

Rumor has it that I like that stuff, but I like women so i’d rather not say this publicly… :wink:

For some legit good anime, Cowboy Beebop and Neon Genesis Evangelian. Those are considered good even outside of anime circles, especially Cowboy Beebop.

I’ve got a few personal favorites,some good some meh. Hellsing Ultimate, GJ Club, Welcome to the NHK, Blood +, Death Note, Another, Inuyasha…

But an important PSA
I highly recommend everyone is this thread goes and checks out the English dub of an anime called "Ghost Stories"
It is widely considered to be one of the worst anime dubs in history. The English crew got bored/underpaid and replaced the entire script.
It is quite possibly the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Some of my favorite animes are Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagann, FLCL (First anime I ever watched), Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (still one of my favorites of all time), Dragon Ball, Witch Blade, Full Metal Alchemist (And Brotherhood), Super Milk Chan.

Just some examples.

3 Likes

I grew up with classics such as Akira, Devilman, etc. Initially I found Anime to be just gross cartoons. Not until Ninja scroll the movie and Fist of the North Star OVA did I start watching action type Anime. Naruto, DBZ and Bleach had me watching series.

As for Manga, Naruto and One Piece really captivated me.

Unfortunately, Naruto ended pretty badly IMO, due to the final long war Arc that wasn’t exciting and failed to build on character developed during Pain Arc and earlier arcs.

How is Bleach lately?

OH GOD DAMNIT THAT THEME SONG IS STUCK IN MY HEAD AGAIN
I love the show but ■■■■ my ■■■…
I THOUGHT I WAS FREE!

1 Like

The guitar solo in the movie version at the beginning of the movie is epic.

Ill definitely check it out soon as I have been meaning to. Right now I am currently trying to wrap up this anime called “The Future Diary” somebody highly recommended to me and ill probably start that next since it’s not super long. Ill def get back to you and let you know what I think when I start it, I should be able to wrap up Mirai Nikki and the OVA tomorrow and at least start death note. Do you recommend sub or dub?

@DulXboxOne: Lol why not enjoy both?

@BoJima404: Well Bleach actually finally ended not too long ago. I don’t know what is true and what isn’t but based on what people say Tite Kubo was pretty much forced to wrap it up quickly which to some led to an ending that not only felt rushed, but didn’t really give closure to somethings people had hope to see by the series end. The final arc does have some cool stuff that I won’t spoil but I stand by the idea that the series was its best up until the defeat of the first main antagonist. Not bad though.

I really like Naruto but I am kind of on a hiatus of watching it atm. I loved part 1 and what I have seen of Shippuden but One Piece kind of made me put it on hold for now. Plus there is so much filler!!! I did read the final chapter and have been keeping up with the Boruto stuff but there is a huge chunk of Naruto I still need to finish lol

I only recently got back into manga/anime like 3 years ago after kind of forgetting about it since like 5th grade so catching up/keeping up with all of this new stuff is tough lol I

I recommend dub for all anime, really. I haven’t come across one bad dub, yet, probably because all the anime I watch is from when directors and anime transferring businesses started giving a damn about the quality of it. Death Note is an exceptional example of a great dub.

1 Like

Good. Now I can watch it at my own pace. :slight_smile:

Awesome. I do prefer dub when I can get it but sometimes waiting for the dub is hard glad to know its good though!

I got some bad news lol Bleach did one of those weird things where the anime ended early, and the manga kept on going and they never finished the anime. So if you want to complete the story you’ll have to read the manga version after the Fullbringer arc :confused:

On the bright side though, most of what is considered to be Bleach’s best was covered in the anime lol

Lol. Bleach is the only one where I preferred the anime over the manga. I guess I have no choice then.

You haven’t seen YuGiOh Arc-V dub.

Just confirmed jojos bizarre adventure will have a live action movie.

1 Like

These are one of my favorite animes, so to speak…

3 Likes

Yeah I typically prefer anime in general but ill roll with manga if I have no choice or if their are huge differences.

Does anyone here like Toriko? I feel like that’s an extremely underrated shonen that suffered due to the studio messing with the anime so much it got cancelled :confused:

1 Like

More of a manga person. But most Japanese fiction seems so… formulaic to me, so I wasn’t able to get into too much of the normal stuff. Bleach, FMA and Deathnote are some of my more tame favorites. For less tame, I loved Gantz and MPD Psycho (first sixty chapters or so, before serial killer spirits started jumping bodies). Aiki and Change 123 were silly but fun and fan service-y. But I just don’t read or watch too much of it.

1 Like

I do here. In fact, Toriko happens to be currently one of my favorite anime series as I owned all of the current DVDs :grinning: :smiley:

I do too! I actually love the anime and own all of the parts of it that have been dubbed by Funimation but it looks like they stopped dubbing it when they found out the anime ended or something, so it’s only like 50 episodes they dubbed :frowning: I wish they would at least finish dubbing all the episodes.

Now I am wresting between finishing the anime with subs, or just picking up the manga where I left off and finish the story that way. Idk what to do lol

1 Like

For me, Japanese anime is 50-50 (my brother is the real dork in this category, and his friends especially moreso). I’ve seen a lot over the years, and have heard of a lot more, but there always seems to be more and more and more of it. It’s almost overwhelming and I can see why it’s become somewhat of a genre in of itself.

Still, we own our fare share, both digitally and on disc (in no particular order):
Outlaw Star (entire series)
Dominion Tank Police
Trigun (entire series)
Samurai Champloo (entire series)
FLCL (entire series)
Excel Saga (entire series)
Tenchi Muyo (entire series)
Lensman
Gundam 08th Team (entire series)
Robot Carnival
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Hellsing (entire series)
L.I.L.Y. Cat
Armitage the III
Armitage Dual Matrix
Pincess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl’s Moving Castle
…and much, much more.

Some of the above are so old that they are incredibly hard, if not outright impossible, to find on disc nowadays (Robot Carnival and Lensman are the 2 standouts here, both of which I highly recommend).

2 Likes