Any manga/anime fans?

Just curious if we have any big fans of manga/anime here on the forums. If so tell us what your favorites are, or what you like, what you don’t like and what you are currently reading/watching :slight_smile:

I am a huge fan of Dragon Ball (first anime) and I am also a huge fan of Yu Yu Hakusho as well (my 2nd anime) and I like many more shonens like One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Toriko, Bleach, Naruto etc. I also like things like Parasyte, Deadman Wonderland and Black Lagoon too.

3 Likes

I like the one when Goku used the Rasengan against a bald guy from Krypton that kills people with One Punch.

2 Likes

I liked the one about the Substitute Soul Reaper who has to protect the Leaf Village with his waterbending while trying to not write people’s name in a notebook that kills people.

1 Like

Well mnay of time I often ask myself: “Am I an anime fan?” Well when I think about it.

I love anime. Just the craziest ■■■■ that happens out of it. Shows I enjoy:

Big-O

G-Gundam

Dragon Ball Z

Gigantor (AKA Tetsujin 28) 1960s version (officially my first anime and was also what got me into giant robots! woot! I also like both the 1980’s and the most recent version to)

Berserk

Yu-Yu Hakisho

Zoids

Gurren Lagon (I don’t remember how it’s spelled forgive me lol, but a friend introduced it to me and I binged watched the shit out of it on youtube)

Bobobobobobo

And one I’ve recently gotten into: ONE PUNCH MAN.

1 Like

Finally… Someone made anime/manga thread!

I’m biggest fan of Jojo because that manga is manly, fabulous and etc. lol How did I start to watching/reading Jojo? Well, my big brother really like anime fight scene videos. He found epic anime fight video, it’s “Jotaro vs Dio” from Jojo’s bizarre adventure OVA. So he asked me to watch that video. I watched this video for first time like 4 or 5 years ago.

And that’s how I become jojo fan! :smiley:

My first watching anime is Bobobo-bo bo-bobo on Cartoon Network… Yeah, that show is pretty dumb and comedy. But it’s still awesome! XD

1 Like

Nice! Lots of mech stuff I see! I remember seeing a few Gundams on Toonami as a kid, and I used to love Zoids (I think there was 2 different series of it, one that came on toonami and one that came on early where the main character had the blue shield liger?) I saw a but of Gurren Laggan but never really finished it, but I hear it is really good. I hear much of Berserk too but have not gotten a chance to see it yet :confused:

Do you like Neon Genesis Evangelion? That’s another mech anime I hear much about.

@KevBones10 Nice man, I have actually never seen Jojo before but I have seen a few of the characters in the J Stars Victory Vs + game and they do seem cool, same with bobobo bobobob, that’s the show with the guy that has the blonde afro right?

Have you ever seen Toriko? That show is pretty “macho” as well lol some find the premise silly but I think its fantastic!

1 Like

Death Note was my first true anime experience, both Fullmetal Alchemist series are godlike, Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill are crazy ridiculous shows that are a lot of fun to watch. Psycho-Pass is an underrated gem that is expertly crafted and paced. Cowboy Bebop is a classic and timeless piece and its spiritual successor Samurai Champloo is also great. Trigun is also a very good one, delivering so many messages with great action and settings. One-Punch Man is an amazing superheo comedy with a lovable protagonist that is so OP it makes Superman gag a bit, and SUPERB animation. My Hero Academia is pretty great, too. I just love the idea of having superheroes go through school to become legit. Probably the darkest one on this list next to Death Note and Psycho-Pass is Black Lagoon. A drama that centers around crime, drugs, unspeakable horrors, and nutty/tragic characters. I’ve also watched Noragami, which was quite entertaining, Durarara, a weird show that delivers, Black Butler, a very strange series with an interesting character dynamic, and others. I recommend any of the series above for people who have not yet seen them or for newcomers to the medium.

1 Like

Anime I generally like:

Dragon Ball (OG, Z, GT, and Super)
Berserk '97
Rurouni Kenshin
Attack on Titan
Claymore
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell (SAC, 2nd gig)
Devil May Cry
Death Note
Digimon (1st, 2nd, and 3rd seasons)
Fairy Tail
One Punch Man
Gunslinger Girl
Zone of the Enders
Zoids (1st season)
To Love-Ru
Sword Art Online
Soul Eater (1st season)
Sousei no Onmyouji
Hellsing
Highschool DxD
Highschool of the Dead
No Game, No Life
Kill La Kill
Neon Genesis Evangelion

There are some others, but this pretty much encompasses my tastes.

Edit: Just adding Spriggan (the movie) and Noir to the list.

2 Likes

I loved Black Lagoon! It was kind of like my first anime expiernce that wasn’t a shonen or shonen like and I really enjoyed it. It’s actually something worth owning imo, the full box set. I have yet to see Death Note but am planning on checking it out soon.

@Ziarist: Nice list, I like a lot of those too! Many I have heard of and not seen thought too. Have you ever watched Yu Yu Hakusho?

I did, but I never really got into it.

I highly recommend 双星野陰陽師 aka, Sousei no Onmyouji aka, Twin Star Exorcists.

Also, I forgot to add Spriggan to that list. Great movie, and probably the first thing I ever watched in Japanese.

No one likes YuGiOh here? Arc-V is pretty good.

Did you at least watch past the first 7/8 episodes? Or until the Genkai Tournament? Those have a much different tone than the rest of the story. Honestly, once you get past those first episodes and get to the Genkai and Saint Beasts stuff its amazing, actually my second favorite of all time lol

Twin Star Exorcists? What kind of style is it? Shonen? Horror? It sounds cool by the name lol

@Sasuke99I: I watched the original Yu Gi Oh back in the day, I think I stopped watching around the stuff where the 3 god cards were introduced and when the first movie came to theaters with the Blue Eyes Shining Dragon lol I actually had an Obelisk the Tormentor card back then lol

1 Like

Twin Star Exorcists is Shounen, and so far doesn’t have an English dub since it just came out in April.

And about Yu Yu Hakusho, I don’t even remember anything about it.

I only watched up to the 3rd season, and I got really tired of the formula. The show was made for kids and it shows. There are very few times I’ve ever laughed or had fun with Yu-Gi-Oh! Mostly, I just watched it for the monster 3D effects. I used to play the TCG, so eventually, I just watched to see how bad they would butcher the card effects to fit the plot of the show.

By 3rd season,do you mean the 3rd season of the original series or till 5ds?

I watched the Duelest Kingdom arc with Pegasus. Then watched the Duelest City Arc with the Egyptian God Cards. Then, I watched a little bit of the next arc, but I can’t remember much about it.

Oh man, I would highly recommend giving it another chance and sticking it out until you get to the Saint Beast stuff and if you don’t like it by the end of that arc well then you probably won’t care for it. The Dark Tournament arc is pretty acclaimed among anime fans (Though I think the Chapter Black arc is a bit better :wink: )

Oh I see. You should just skip the Orcichalcos arc or however you spell it. Just ignore it. I recommend you watch the last season of the original series. At least the ending duel anyway.

I am. I have a hole cupboard dedicated to anime DVD’s.

1 Like

I’ll try it out. Though I still have a sour taste in my mouth. I just want my old Dark World Deck back.

Maybe I just needed space at the time. Back then I was watching DBZ, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and probably Sailor Moon and Pokemon. Holy hell. I probably was watching Cardcaptors. God. The crap I used to subject myself to was just… blegh.

1 Like

Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Abridged
Pokemon
Digimon
Yu-Gi-Oh
Spice and Wolf
When They Cry
Elfen Lied
K-On
Please Teacher
Please Twins
School Rumble
Soul Eater
Shuffle
Bleach
Death Note
Hellsing
This Ugly Yet Beautiful Wold
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Full Metal Panic
Halo Legends
Negima
Love Hina
Carvion Zwel
Ikki Tousen
InuYasha
Demon City
Nausicaa
Street Fighter Alpha Generation
Chrono Rusade
Naruto
Shana
Angel Beats
Ninja Scroll
High Lander

And that’s the names of just the anime I have on DVD if I listed all the one’s I watch this list could go on for ever.

4 Likes