Any games that you loved but no one else did?

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon N64 and Splatterhouse 2013 for me

Did anybody ever play Twisted Metal for the old PSX? I remember being vaguely interested by the cover art back then for it, but never actually touched it.

Really obvious one, but I think people focused too much on its negatives too much.

I really enjoyed the combat system so much that I wish they would have stuck with it a bit more than 13-2. FFXIII:LR was interesting, but I would have rather seen something more along the lines of FFXIII.

Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer - the movie was terribad, but I loved how this game expanded on the best sequence from the film.

The game overall was bad, but I never got over the fandom of being able to play the TMNT in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters.

Lol. We had Zero Divide :smile: Always thought there should have been a bigger market for a robot fighting gameā€¦

@MasterStone1994 Huh. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever met anyone (literally, anyone) who had good things to say about the Zelda CD-i games :-p

@SullenMosquito Lol. I remember Air Fortress. We had that game back in the day :slight_smile: Also, everyone liked Spider-man and Maximum Carnage. Ditto Mario Paint - b/c it was fckin AWESOME :tada::rage::tada:

And as I keep reading and realize Iā€™ll be tagging too many people, Iā€™ll just say we also had Bad Dudes.

And everyone loved Shadow of Mordor. Great game, and I believe the highest selling LOTR game to date.

And yes, the Dreamcast controller was balls :joy:

I like them fore the memes. Lol

Oh, I almost forgot: Super Glove Ball on NES. That was actually a fairly fun gameā€¦donā€™t think I ever finished it though. We got it because we had a power glove, and it was supposed to work with the power glove, but sadly it didnā€™t. IIRC the issue was while on most games you had to pre-set and calibrate the glove, but on that game it handled all of that automaticallyā€¦and poorly. It just made every possible command fire off as fast as possibleā€¦left, right, up, down, a, b, select, startā€¦all of them. Yeah, the power glove was so bad.
Still, the game worked fine with a regular controller.

Yeah I know both Max Carnage and Mario Paint were plenty popular back when I was a kid, but where I was from no one ever liked LJN games, I only got Max Carn because it was a red cart and I already had a KI Black cart. + it was .50 in a bargain bin ;). Mario paint no one around here had for some reason. I got it as a gift from my aunt and uncle from Cali one year. So I felt pretty awesome playing that Fly Swatter game and getting through 3 or 4 cycles before running out of hands.

LJNā€¦ you know when I was a kid I never noticed that all the mediocre to crappy games I played were all from the same publisher. Maximum Carnage was certainly one of those gems that stood out because it was better than most LJN games. I kinda liked the first Back to the Future game as well, though the music is a lot better if you slow it down to about half speed.

Also, the game makes more sense if you think of it like a top-down shooter like Twinbee or Ikaruga instead of a weird forced guy walking down a street nonsense game

1 Like

Crazy Taxi! <3
I loved this game. The third edition was amazing!

But I played on PC. This poor guy here didnā€™t have Dreamcast. It was literally a dream. :stuck_out_tongue:

You main Aeon to huh? something we have in common my friend.

1 Like

This game is my childhood. Lol.

Green JellĆæ soundtrack FTW :persevere:

Well despite overwatch being a very well received game and all

me playing bastion kinda applies to this so yeah i love playing bastion (come at me!!!)

Yo I loved both Medievil games and Ape Escape lol

Here is one I loved as a kid that I bet most people havenā€™t playedā€¦

1 Like

You mean Mob Rules by Black Sabbath. :wink:

1 Like

:astonished: ā€¦

Holy crap, how did I never catch this?!

ā€¦Oh yeah, thatā€™s right, I never really looked much into Black Sabbathā€™s post Ozzy albums.

Still, thanks for the heads-up. I swear, thatā€™s like the biggest video game knowledge gap Iā€™ve ever had since what I mentioned about Back to the Future in my last post.

Look at Mega Man X3 My Michele Guns and Roses :wink: then again that entire game is like that even down to robot master looks/names. Neon Tiger is the theme in question.

Donā€™t get me wrong, the first rooftop song is awesome in Max Carn, even has the solo and everything!!

1 Like

I knew the Gunsā€™Nā€™Roses references were blatantly obvious in X5, what with them forgoing all the X seriesā€™ naming pattern (Element Animal) to give each character a Gā€™nā€™R reference like Axle the Red (why they just didnā€™t call him Axle Rose is beyond me), but I wasnā€™t aware it stretched back as far as X3. Even still, of all the songs to referenceā€¦My Michelle? To me it always seemed like it was just a soulless album-filler song.

On a side note, I just noticed this Gā€™nā€™R reference as wellā€¦donā€™t know why I never didā€¦itā€™s so obvious:

1 Like

Ah yes, I played and beat JD. I love platformers.

1 Like