Any games that you loved but no one else did?

Have there ever been any games that you loved, and wanted other people to enjoy it with you, but you couldn’t find anyone that was interested?

For me, that game would be Forsaken, which I had on N64. If you’ve never played it, it was similar to Descent…you started the game to the narration of Jon St. John, aka Duke Nukem’s voice, and you fly through tight tunnels & mazes on a hoverbike twisting & turning in all directions …basically a free-floating arena shooter. I really enjoyed it a lot, but half of the game was 4-player split screen, and at the time anyone I had to play N64 with was either interested in the WCW wrestling games on the system or Goldeneye, so I was always stuck playing single player…which was fun, but still…

1 Like

I loved playing Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and bolts. I loved being able to make so many other unique vehicles and there are a lot of fun challenges. But so many fans would want to burn this game to the ground. It may not be the Banjo-Threeie fans wanted, but it’s a fine game on it’s own merits.

Just a few right here.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

I loved Forsaken! Played that for a long time!

I enjoyed Toki Going Ape Spit, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Ristar back in the day.

2 Likes
1 Like

Forget that version; I played it on PC - here’s the real intro:

But that’s the version I played… :cry:

…plus…Duke Nukem…

I love this game with a passion, but seeing most people push it aside cuz it’s similar to Smash hurts… Then they say they want a ring out mechanic and I’m like "Well which is it; like smash or not like it?

also it introduced me to Madeon which is a 10/10 recommendation

3 Likes

They’re the exact same game. The PC version just had better, smoother, and faster graphics and gameplay, and had a much cooler, kick-■■■ intro.

Dragon Ball Extreme Butoden.

They made a pretty fricken sweet 2-D style Dragon Ball fighting game, but barley anyone I know ever talks about it.

Speaking of Dragon Ball games, anyone remember their attempt at bringing back the Budokai series?

1 Like

Another series of games I enjoyed growing up happened to be the Ecco The Dolphin games.

2 Likes

16 bit or not, that soundtrack is one of the best.

Makes me totally forget its about a time traveling, alien fighting dolphin who can talk to other fish.

If the title was: “…Any games that you loved but no one else bought?” then I would list every Dreamcast title I owned. :smile: that system could have used more love.

2 Likes

Eh, I’ll count it. I don’t recall ever playing a Dreamcast game I didn’t like. Sadly, I never owned one, but my college roommate did, so I got to play them quite a bit. Oddly I probably gave the most Dreamcast time to Seaman.

…then again I might have just taken you for a ride…dada dada, dada dada, dada da.

Killer Instinct.

4 Likes

Zelda CDI

1 Like

There are faaaar too many games I could list here. Mainly from my childhood. So I’ll just name a few.

Nes:
Air Fortress
Burgertime
Pinball

Snes:
Uniracers
Rpm Racing
Spiderman & Venom Maximum Carnage
Strike Gunner S.T.G.
Mario Paint

Ps1/Psx:
Ape Escape
Intelligent Cube
San Francisco Rush (because Ps1 version wasn’t an arcade clone people preferred N64)
Legend of Dragoon
Einhander
Star Gladiator
Gex Enter the Gecko

GB/GBC:
Metal Gear Solid
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis

Xbox:
Magic The Gathering Battlegrounds (Was number 1 on leaderboard for first 2 months after release ;))
Fusion Frenzy
Moto GP

Xbox 360:
Enchanted Arms
Deathsmiles
Mushihimesama Futari

GC/Wii:
Ikaruga

I took a lot out of the list so it isn’t a novel but it’s still a lot lol… Happens when you have a large collection of games though.

I’m tempted to put games that I think are underrated, but as far as games that I enjoyed that I couldn’t get anyone else in to, I’d say:

Eternal Champions (Genesis)
Weaponlord (Genesis)

I loved those games back in the day, but while a lot of my friends enjoyed Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, I couldn’t get any of them to play either of these two games for more than five minutes.

Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective (Sega CD)

I actually convinced a friend that had a Sega CD to buy this game and we played it for a while, but he hated it. I felt bad that I kinda steered him wrong, but I personally enjoyed it lol.

A few others I’ll list without explanation since I don’t want to ramble on too long here:

Karnov (NES)
Bad Dudes (NES)
Pit Fighter (Arcade)
Sewer Shark (Sega CD)
Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi (PSone)
Einhander (PSone)
Soviet Strike (PSone)
Suikoden (PSone)
Ehrgeiz (PSone)
Bug! (Saturn)
Panzer Dragoon, and PD: Zwei 2 (Saturn)
Battle Arena Toshinden Remix (Saturn)
Mace: The Dark Age (N64)
Grandia 2 (Dreamcast)
Virtua Fighter 3 TB (Dreamcast)
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram (Dreamcast)
World Series Baseball 2K2 (Dreamcast)
Alien Front Online (Dreamcast)
Outrigger (Dreamcast)
Pitfall: The Lost Expidition (PS2)
The Red Star (PS2)
Hunter: The Reckoning (Xbox)
MechAssault (Xbox)
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (Xbox)
Blur (Xbox 360)
Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360)
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing: Transformed (Xbox 360)
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (PS3)
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)

Those are the ones that immediately spring to mind. I’m sure that there are a lot more on each of those systems as well as more recent stuff as well.

1 Like