Anthem

Game says “we do not like that you’re sniping stuff from afar with your Ranger. Here take this!” :joy_cat:

1 Like

Sick! I haven’t gotten any legendaries yet. My favorite weapon so far is the masterwork Thunderbolt of Yvenia - that thing is super sick at crushing fools’ shields :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks, man I’m struggling for real on grandmaster difficulty. Only contracts and strongholds are doable as I NEED all the support from a team :wink:

No joke! I was getting smoked up close so I chose a sniper loadout and supported by priming from behind objects or high places. Felt like, and sometimes still feels like, I’m running for cover all the time. Slowly but surely there is improvement in my Ranger gear.

However, Freeplay is still impossible on grandmaster (unless you play Storm Javelin, lol) as there is no team support when I run into an event :joy:

That’s a very good MW to have. Awesome range too. Used the Thunderbolt too before switching to a sniper rifle. I find that purple colored contracts are good for farming. The Legendary I got actually dropped on one of those missions out in Ruins of Shadowmark. Never unlocked that mission before so I knew it could be special :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@STORM179 any idea which areas you unlock in Fort Tarsis? I had two messages after reaching a certain level saying that a new area was unlocked. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the journal entries in the log, so wasn’t sure what was unlocked or where in Fort Tarsis to look… :confused:

I’m not sure. I’ve only unlocked the first new area, and haven’t even gone looking for it yet. My progress through the game has been pretty slow to be honest…I still haven’t even beaten the crit path yet :sweat_smile:

1 Like
Inscription Description
LB/Q +{X}% Dmg Increases the damage of the gear item in slot
LB/Q +{X}% Speed Speeds up recharge time for gear in slot
RB/E +{X}% Dmg Increases the damage of the gear item in slot
RB/E +{X}% Speed Speeds up recharge time for gear in slot
+{X}% Dmg Increases all damage done by the Javelin
+{X}% Force Increases the force applied to targets
+{X}% Harvest Bonus Increases the amount of materials when harvesting
+{X}% Pickup Radius Increases the distance that you will automatically pickup drops
+{X}% Thruster Life Increases your maximum thruster time
Acid +{X}% Dmg Increases Acid damage
Acid +{X}% Effect Increases the number of acid stacks that are applied
Acid +{X}% Resist Increases your resistance to a specific element, lowering damage and Decreasing the number of stacks being applied to you
Ammo +{X}% Drop Rate Increases the chance that ammo drops appear from defeated enemies
Ammo +{X}% Pickup Amnt Increases the amount of ammo that is gained by picking up an ammo drop
A-Rifle +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of assault rifles
A-Rifle +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by assault rifles.
Armor +{X}% Dmg Resist Reduces all incoming damage
Armor +{X}% Max Increases maximum Armor
Autocannon +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of autocannons
Autocannon +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by autocannons
Blast +{X}% Dmg Increases all explosive damage
Combo +{X}% Aura Eff Increases the effect stacking rate of aura combos (Interceptor)
Combo +{X}% Damage Increases the damage of Impact (single target) combo
Combo +{X}% Damage Increases the damage of Explosive combo (Colossus)
Combo +{X}% Imp Dmg Increases the damage of Impact (single target) combo (Ranger)
Combo +{X}% Targets Increased the number of targets that are hit by a chain combo (Storm)
Critical +{X}% Dmg Increases the damage done when hitting weakpoints
Effect +{X}% Resist Increases your resistance to all elements, lowering damage and decreasing the number of stacks being applied to you
Effects {X}% Duration Reduces the duration of elemental effects on you
Elec +{X}% Dmg Increases Electric damage
Elec +{X}% Effect Increases the number of electric stacks that are applied
Elec +{X}% Resist Increases your resistance to a specific element, lowering damage and Decreasing the number of stacks being applied to you
Elemental +{X}% Dmg Increases elemental (category) damage ie: Ice, fire, and electric damage
Elemental +{X}% Resist Increases your resistance to elemental (category) damage ie: Ice, fire, and electric damage
Fire +{X}% Dmg Increases fire damage
Fire +{X}% Effect Increases the number of fire stacks that are applied
Fire +{X}% Resist Increases your resistance to a specific element, lowering damage and Decreasing the number of stacks being applied to you
Gear +{X}% Charges Increases the number of gear charges
Gear +{X}% Dmg Increases gear damage
Gear +{X}% Speed Speeds up recharge time for gear
GrenLaun +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of grenade launchers
GrenLaun +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by grenade launchers
Hvy Pistol +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by heavy pistols
Ice +{X}% Dmg Increases Cold damage
Ice +{X}% Effect Increases the number of ice stacks that are applied
Ice +{X}% Resist Increases your resistance to a specific element, lowering damage and Decreasing the number of stacks being applied to you
Impact +{X}% Dmg Increases untyped Damage to target
Impact +{X}% Resist Increases resistance to untyped damage
LMG +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of light machine guns
LMG +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by light machine guns
Mch Pistol +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of machine pistols
Mch Pistol +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by machine pistols
Melee +{X}% Dmg Increases the damage of melee attacks
Mks Rifle +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of marksman rifles
Mks Rifle +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by marksman rifles
Overheat {X}% Delay Decreases the time between overheating and when your stamina begins to cool
Physical +{X}% Dmg Increases physical (category) damage ie: Acid, Physical
Physical +{X}% Resist Increases your resistance to physical (category) damage ie: acid, kinetic / impact
Pistol +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of heavy pistols
Repair +{X}% Amnt Increases the amount of health that is gained by picking up a health drop
Repair +{X}% Drop Rate Increases the chance that health drops appear from defeated enemies
Shield {X}% Delay Increases the speed at which your shield recharges
Shield {X}% Refresh Reduces the time between when your shield breaks and when it starts regenerating
Shield +{X}% Max Increases maximum shields
Shotgun +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of shotguns
Shotgun +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by shotguns
Sniper +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of sniper rifles
Sniper +{X}% Dmg Increases all weapon damage done by sniper rifles
Supply +{X}% Drop Rate Increases the chance that ammo or health drops appear from defeated enemies
Support +{X}% Luck Increases the chances that you will get better loot
Support +{X}% Speed Speeds up recharge time for gear in your support slot
Thruster +{X}% Speed Increases the speed at which your thrusters cool
Ultimate +{X}% Dmg Increases the damage of your ultimate
Ultimate +{X}% Speed Increases the rate at which your ultimate regenerates
Weap {X}% Recoil Aim Decreases recoil while tight-aiming of the weapon
Weap {X}% Recoil Hip Decreases recoil while hip-firing of the weapon
Weap {X}% Reload Time Decreases reload time for a weapon
Weap +{X}% Aim Increases the aim assist on a weapon
Weap +{X}% Ammo Increases the spare ammo of the weapon
Weap +{X}% Blast Dmg Increases the damage of explosive blasts (not impacts). Mislabeled as weapon specific, actually affect gear or weapon
Weap +{X}% Clip Increases the magazine size of the weapon
Weap +{X}% Dmg Increases overall weapon damage
Weap +{X}% Fire Rate Increases the firing rate of the weapon
Weap +{X}% Mag Size Increases the magazine size of the weapon

From a new Reddit post by the devs. More on gear and inscriptions in the post below…

Tried this out yesterday and got a bit into the campaign. The game stability has improved a lot from my sour experience in the open demo. Load times are bad but more tolerable than I expected, as someone who has played a lot of Destiny.

I’m sure the many problems people have been describing with endgame content and loot are real, as well as the bugs and convenience issues, but if the core gameplay is still holding up by then it’s very solid. Not sure I’ll buy it anytime soon, but it’ll definitely stay on my radar through the next year as it improves.

How did you “try it out?”

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Was sweating like crazy when an enemy dropped a legendary (and shortly aftee two masterworks) while the game had just crashed the session before. I was like don’t do this to me, Anthem :joy:

Anyway was a good day with some powerful masterwork pickups as well. Yeah, Storm is OP, I can confirm :smile:

1 Like

Hahaha. You’re getting so far ahead of me! I’m gonna try to play a bunch this afternoon after I get off from work. Gonna try to beat the crit path so I can start getting legendary contracts and collect some MW components :slight_smile:

I am trying to get some decent gear for all Javelins. I really enjoy playing all four types and I’d like to get gear for each one so I can survive GM difficulty with all types. Next up is interceptor to do some farming…

At last - the GOAT class *Kreygasm

1 Like

Messing around with some crit strike builds now…this game is so much fun!

1 Like

Speaking of glass cannons, my Storm finally dishes out a decent amount of damage but all my gear focuses on increasing damage output and decreasing refresh rates on gear (but it’s all I have at the moment). Whenever I take one hit, I almost immediately need to scramble for those repair drops :sweat_smile: I don’t have the inscriptions I need but still it’s an enjoyable build even if I’m swerving like a madman dodging projectiles most of the time :rage:…So far, I feel that Storm is OP in some areas (certain gear combinations) but it definitely feels good to decimate Elite scars and whatnot by just slightly moving your wrist (the animation on these seals is crazy fast) :smile:

Ranger feels good when everything comes together because you get the feeling that you’ve worked hard AND smart for a victory. Very rewarding but never a walk in the park :smile: I don’t have a strong build but I do have a build that I enjoy.

I don’t know how strong you’d say the class is but to me the smoothest Javelin for me is Interceptor. I feel like the design is so spot on, movement, abilities, everything feels natural. However, Legendary has to be tough though without proper gear because you constantly need to be in the midst of things. I can barely survive on hard. I feel Interceptor is “honest” if that makes sense…

Oh and yeah, Ursix is a Beast. Feels like a hunt every time I face off against them. Luv 'em.

Really? I’ve kinda started smashing through Ursix most of the time :sweat_smile:

Uh, I guess I just suck :smile:

Haha. Probably more just that the Interceptor is pretty well equipped to take them. An ursix should basically never catch you, so you can just target beacon them and go nuts with headshots as they flail around. I usually start off the fight by just hitting them with a beacon and then popping my ult. Can drop them to at least 25% even when you’re just using epic gear, and once you get some ultimate damage and melee components you can just outright kill them with the super. Interceptor is almost useless against titans, but it’s death on ursix :joy:

Four of us were fighting two at a time on grandmaster and I enjoyed every bit of it but it was freaking hard. I guess we needed an Interceptor to shorten the fight :sweat_smile:

Titans I haven’t figured out. I can only run. Need to read some guides. I always end up with one seal or weapon that is useless against them :angry: :laughing:

Yeah, I haven’t done anything on grandmaster yet. Still looking to get at least one MW component before I open that can of worms. Safe to say I won’t be killing any ursix in a single ultimate anymore :sweat_smile:

Welp, I’m an interceptor, so I routinely end up with two useless gears slots against them :joy: Unless I happen to be running my pure DPS build (seeker/plasma star), my bumpers are only useful for hitting them both to activate target beacon…