Anthem

Hey @STORM179 I have been reading through a lot of codex entries. All these scientific entries do they make sense to you as an engineer? Just wondering, you know, in case I take some notes and use them at a science convention lol. The sheer amount of text is a pleasure to read and I have so many entries still to go…
:smile:

I haven’t been through much of the Anthem codices yet, so not sure? The Mass Effect ones were pretty plausible though, at least as far as science fiction pseudo-science goes. One of the more grounded takes on FTL and space combat actually. :slight_smile:

From the ones I’ve read Anthem leans a bit more heavily into the fantasy side of things, but overall I’ve really enjoyed the entries that I have gone through!

1 Like

Relevant to your question @BoJima404

1 Like

Have like a week off from work next week. Planning to check in on Anthem. Long overdue.
I am late to the party but hopefully I am in for a positive surprise full of nice updates. It’s been like 4 or 5 months since I last played…

Heard Ben Irving jumped ship.

Oh, did he? I’d been playing Anthem very regularly before I moved. They’d added a new Stronghold and done a bunch of QOL changes. Not sure what’s been added in the past month or so though.

2 Likes

Great to hear about QoL. I personally hope stability issues are less or totally solved. Despite the fact that I care about new content, I care much more about actually being able to play the game uninterrupted by crashes.

Yeah, I think Mr Irving left BW this month. Anyway there was a message on his Twitter.

Yeah, game crashes are pretty much solved. Don’t think I had a single one in my last month of playing, and I was on for about an hour and a half probably 5-6 days each week then.

That’s awesome! Looking forward to going through the new SH.

I heard about cataclysms being on a timer. I hope I can still catch them next week or I’m out of luck.

Oh are they? Guess that means I need to log in too :sweat_smile:

The new Stronghold is ok. Unfortunately the online population felt like it dwindled quite a bit, so a lot of times it could be hard to find teams when you’re queuing up for that one. It’s a good SH, but it’s long, so I think a lot of people just don’t like being bothered with it. Means you often wind up having to solo it, which is rough since it is more mechanic and puzzle-driven than any of the other ones.

Besides QoL changes, I really would like to complete my Colossus loadout with a final MW or Legendary part. One Rare component has been bugging me as it’s the only non Legendary/ non MW component in the loadout of all my javelins. It’s like one of those Hummers but with a Mini Cooper engine under the hood.

Had a blast playing Anthem again. Biggest thing was no crashes during my session.

Entered a Cataclysm doing Freeplay which was just okay. Playing the game was more fun than the actual event. Noticed there were also Cataclysm story events but I will save that for next time. I expect these to be better than the Freeplay cataclysm.

Added some new stuff to my codex so that means more reading pleasure for me at night before going to bed :sleeping: :slight_smile:

1 Like

@STORM179 hey interceptors, you medics now?

1 Like

Hahaha. That would actually be pretty useful…the status clearing effect by itself is pretty lame.

But then I think about what perks the Target Mark masterwork must have… :hushed:

Don’t tell me - I want to find out on my own ^.^

Even with the best shields, Ranger’s shields could use a buff imo. Or you need an Interceptor or Colossus who can play the role of a medic with some of these perks like the one above. Every time four Rangers form a team it’s just running :running_man: for dear life…Constant running for that dear life.

That was actually my big issue with Ranger. I felt like stuff didn’t die, so you spent a lot of time running from enemies and reloading and hiding behind rocks :sweat:

Now I get your choice for the Interceptor, why run with a Ranger if you can run much faster with an Interceptor?

tenor%20(1)

Lol. I never run as an Interceptor. You just dance around in the middle of packs of enemies until you get off cooldown and do a flaming, exploding heel strike on a gaggle of them.

The aura combo ability is actually quite strong. A cryo aura makes you really hard to kill even early game before you start getting a lot health regen perks. Can literally just dash around and freeze all the damage dealers on the enemy side, and then pick them off more or less at your leisure. The lack of good CC I think was the real challenge with playing the Ranger. If you’re fighting 10 guys as a Ranger, you’re probably legit fighting 8 of them…cryo grenade just doesn’t manage the field efficiently in more open arenas :sweat_smile:

What level content are you doing these days @BoJima404? I’m pretty much at GM2 all the time unless I’m doing Strongholds (which I can do, but don’t often b/c it takes too long and a lot of times you can’t get a team).

I have been taking it easy and doing GM1 which was my default setting when I jumped back in after all these months. However, I haven’t checked out GM2 yet but it’s not like I am deliberately playing GM1 for any good reason. Do you recommend GM2? I already started noticing how GM1 was a bit easy by the end of my session so I might have to up the difficulty to GM2. If you want to team up let me know. At least then you only need two more hahaha

GM1 is a bit easy now, so I only do it if I’m running story and want to take it easy or want to run one of my weaker builds. Enemies die super fast in it now, and more importantly they just can’t damage me fast enough to offset my healing perks.

I like GM2 because while I feel the gear for Stronghold’s is subpar (you’re better off just running multiple GM1’s faster), I do think it’s a bit easier to get legendaries on it. Got one last night actually doing a GM2 story mission (legendary assault rifle mod). You kind of have to use consumables to buff your damage and health (otherwise stuff just doesn’t die fast enough), but I feel like overall I like the additional challenge.

I’m def down to run a GM2 Stronghold with you sometime. Just have to find a time when you’re not hopping on right as I’m finishing up! :joy: