Annual E3 speculation thread

Halo Infinite might be on the Xbox Scarlet apparently. My guess is KI will be on Xbox Scarlet too. I’m going to have to hold off on getting one until I have the money for it.

Not might. It’s the launch game for that console.

I didn’t see any KI announcement. I think the only thing you can be certain of is that there won’t be a new KI on Xbox One.

I thought the show was fine. Nothing really interested me. LEGO coming to Forza Horizon 4 was pretty funny. Keanu was also a surprise, although I think people might not care very much about that a year from now.

I’m going to wait before I go for anything yet. So far Halo Infinite looks interesting but I’m still waiting for that hook to send in the right bait.

Plus SC-VI hasn’t finished it’s DLC yet, so I’m waiting on that.

Disappointed we didn’t get any MK11 news, instead we got news of a Terminator character as a pre-order bonus for Gears of War 5.

Battletoads doesn’t look great in terms of art direction in my opinion; it’s cartoony but still seems to be lacking that chaotic nature I expect from a Battletoads game. Hopefully the gameplay will make up for it. There was no news on the Cuphead DLC either, but we did get a release date on Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Then there was Elden Ring (new Fromsoft game with George R. R. Martin) and Psychonauts 2 (including the confirmation that MS bought Double Fine Studios).

Overall, not too great but it did it’s job. 5 out of 10.

2 Likes

I am just not that into battletoads in general. But I’m shocked they didn’t even give a release date. This suggests it’s still pretty far out.

keanu reeves in cyberpunk 2077 as johnny silverhand, holy ■■■■

Doom Eternal has finally received an official release date now :smile: :grin: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Dark Queen spotted in BattleToads trailer

1 Like

was not impressed with battletoads :confused:

There’s seems to be a near even divide on this…

I think it looks alright aside from choppyness of the bike section.

Xbox show was fine IMO. Nothing particularly surprising, but still some pretty cool things which makes sense if everyone is prepping for next-gen. A couple cool-looking new games announced, some new footage, new features announced, some release dates on bunch of games I’m looking forward to. Have similar thoughts on Bethesda, though on a smaller scale.

And obviously Scarlett was mostly a bunch of marketing talk, but at least it sounds like their priorities are in the right place. Emphasis on an improved CPU, SSD storage, both high resolutions and framerates AND a mention of full backwards compatibility - all are going to be necessary for consoles to be competitive with PC hardware for any length of time. If Scarlett can live up to those promises and still land a price point around $500, it could be a legitimately great machine.

I’m personally pretty meh on the look of the new Battletoads honest. Don’t hate it, but don’t really like it either. Could grow on me but we’ll see.

Yeah I need to give them credit for this. Especially if they make it so that I can unplug my external HDD from the Xbox One and plug it into Skarlett. In light of this, it will be interesting to see how they handle the transition. I imagine a lot of developers wanting to sell games to the giant Xbox One install base rather than the nascent Skarlett market. So does MS let them sell XboxOne games that are “enhanced” on Skarlett for three years or do they incentivize Skarlett exclusives? Hopefully we don’t see a ton of games releasing with two editions that you purchase separately. Since the games are back compatible people won’t want to buy upgraded Skarlett games. But then why buy the new console? It will be interesting to see how they deal with this.

Regarding Battletoads, as I was saying to @Dayv0 last night (during a truly awesome late night MK11 set) - they had to chose a direction with Battletoads and this is what they chose. I appreciate animation for its own sake and I think people are unhappy with the style (which is a totally fair position) but failed to notice that the animation seems smooth and well done. The moves look like a cartoon movie and not like a game. Personally I could take or leave the style. Let’s see how it plays - if it ever releases. The original, frankly, had garbage controls and was filled with jank stuff where you were fighting the game and your own toad most of the time rather than the enemies. Every time I go back and look at it I wonder why on earth anyone liked it, lol.

2 Likes

How savage, saying that after a quitality!

The game is visually very similar to Castle Crasher, a game I absolutely LOVE

So, I’m totally in. When? Well who the ■■■■ cares, since the game pass offer is SO BRUTAL I don’t even know where to begin.

If you have up to 36 xbox live gold months, for just 1 DAMM €(or $, mind you), you get all that time as Game Pass. Thats INSANE

Vampyr
Wolfestein 2
Hollow Knight
Metro Exodus
Shenmue I & II
Alien Isolation
Doom
Hellblade
Gears 4
Warhammer II, Vermintide
Life is Strange I & II
MVC I
Monster Hunter
Ori
Prey…

Just a quick list of games I don’t own, always wanted to play, but my games budget was a bit tight. And now I can play them for just 1 €. For up to 3 years. Along many more. And more to come. Like AAA games on day one(Gears 5, Halo, the Outher worlds…)

That’s insane, that’s the biggest offer I have ever seen in this industry.

Is that how it works? I’m already signed up for Live and Game Pass but I just renewed Live for a year. I figured they would just be adding $5/month for Live I don’t need plus gamepass for PC (which is neat bit probably nothing I will get much use out of).

I’m hoping we’ll just be able to use our discs and flash drives Day 1 for BC. The system architecture shouldn’t be too different, and the SSD storage should already give any game a big improvement in load times by default. Maybe that’s hoping for too much, but if anyone would do it it’s MS right now.

The new art style for Battletoads doesn’t really bother me in regards to how the old game looked or anything. But there’s all the art for the first game and the many modern interpretations of Battletoads that exist already, and this new game looks nothing like any of them and more like some modern Nickelodeon cartoon. I think that’s my hang-up.

yup, the art style is what is killing me atm. it moves great though, but the visuals are really unappealing to me. maybe if i was younger i wouldnt care? hard to say

Unfortunetly I dont have an english link

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7791_1246483&tduid=(ir__llx20frkxokfrlpo0hnrewwq9n2xjxzkexlmb0jn00)(7791)(1246483)((32afc737e6e76b5e55c658115e3a2663)(190947)(2474412)()())(32afc737e6e76b5e55c658115e3a2663)&irclickid=_llx20frkxokfrlpo0hnrewwq9n2xjxzkexlmb0jn00&rtc=1&lc=3082&activetab=pivot:gamesanddealstab

Use this link to enhance your current gold time into the game pass for just one dollar

You may change your region into USA

This seems I’ll advised, lol. You can’t tell them aprt except for Rash’s sunglasses.

Well, this was something shown at E3 that I wasn’t expecting in the slightest. R.I.P. my wallet.

1 Like

Weird to put the Punisher in the Marvel Super Heroes cabinet. Cool that X-men Children of the Atom is on there though.