Am I the only one getting bored? :/

No, everyone burns out on a game. You MUST play other games to break it up and of course take breaks and give it a rest for a while. As gamers, we know that there are plenty of other genres to enjoy, it’s part and parcel of our lifestyle. For me I swore off fighting games mainly after KI lost steam. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were always there and didn’t pique my interest in the way KI did back in the 90’s. It’s own unique style set it apart from the rest.

I played more of MK throughout the years and practically no SF at all. I gravitated toward the fighting games that were non-traditional. MK, War Gods, Primal Rage, Battle Arena Toshinden, Tobal # 1, Tekken, Power Stone, a small bit of DOA and Soul Caliber. I was never as good at fighting games, as my main genres are Adventure, RPGs and Racing.

Even today with this game, like you said, you’re bored. That’s a natural process. I’d even go so far as to say let it rest if you want until March when Season 3 comes out. Dabble a bit here and there to stay up a bit, but like everyone always says, “Everything in moderation.” Or that old adage: “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” You’ll love it when you return.

I definitely appreciate the hiatus between now and S3. Gives me more time to explore and level up each character. That being said, I wouldn’t mind a bit of new content here and there… maybe the long awaited S1 Stage Ultras could be added, like one per month or something. I’m definitely looking forward to Shago though. As for the Shadows, I respect the thought and work behind it, but I honestly couldn’t care less about them.

A little bit, kind of sick of waiting for Shadow jago.

3 Likes

Yea I agree completely. When they revealed that trailer for TJ, It was great, but so many people insisted on picking at the details of his animations, when he was obviously not done. The months leading up to Maya’s reveal were full of people just talking about how bad he looked. I think it was much better how Maya was revealed, because it was just concept art. There wasn’t really any visual stuff to be attacked or anything like that.

Also an idea I’m fond of.

In general, I myself am not bored with the game this hiatus. If anything, character levels are enough as far as giving me something to work toward, and It’s not like I need an excuse to have fun with what I have. I’m also fairly certain that Shago’s release will be enough to keep people sufficiently satisfied until teases begin.

Its fantasy football season! should beplenty going on to keep you hyped until Feb. Which then takes you into season 3.

But in all seriousness.
Not board. Then I only get about 2 hours a week to play. I think their still doing a great job trickeling stuff out since season 2 ended. Rash beta, and shago sometime before the end of the year, and Id guess at one more something (shadows maybe) before the year ends. Which should be plenty to keep the hype moving for us players with limited time.

I will say I was slightly disapointed when they said they would not be doing monthly releases for season 3. I absolutly loved the format during season 2. But can understand why their not doing that again.

Just remember it’s okay to take a break. I have been pretty casual with KI over the summer, only picking up a few games here and there. Other than that I played Batman Arkham Knight to 100%. Now I am starting MGS:V. It’s a good time to pick up other games and try to enjoy the remainder of summer, which for me has been a total drag. It’s a long road to March, but it should be worth it. I do wish KI was starting up this winter but hopefully this means the game will offer that much more and hit the ground running even harder. One thing we can look forward to is Shadow Jago.

One thing that keeps me going is signing up for 8bitbeatdown on a weekly basis. I get my ■■■ kicked usually only winning one or two matches but I still have fun and it encourages me to warm up and try to up my game prior to playing.

8bitbeatdown.net

The main issue I’ve run into is lately I’ve had a stretch of good luck and have had extra spending money to get games.
To clarify the meaning of my absolutely first world exclusive problem: Growing up, I obviously didn’t have a lot of cash of my own, so I had to rely on my parents’ generosity to get new stuff. So I’d usually get one or two new games for Christmas with maybe a few sales items in between. that would be it. I’d be playing the games I had and I’d play them borderline religiously.
Now that I have my own spending money and can choose how I spend my money, I’ve gotten a lot of games. In the last 2 or 3 years I think I upgraded my library with about 60-80 new games thanks to steam sales and just general purchases. I’m by no means wealthy, just finding good stuff I like and grabbing it.

So I’ll likely go back and forth between KI and whatever else strikes my fancy. I know I’ll definitely be taking time away for Fallout 4 and Doom 4, but I also know I’ll have money aside for Season 3.

Before that time comes, though, I’m going to use the double XP weekend and try to get the last of my characters maxed out. More than half way done, and all but 3 of them are within 5 levels or fewer from the top! :slight_smile:

1 Like

double xp weekend thank you!!!..I havent been playing much ki…the grind fpr each character is a bitch…but thanks to double xp weekend itll be a lot easier :)…I wish we can get double xp weekends like once a month…thatll definitely keep me going in ki :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You may not be able to pinpoint the exact moment things inverted, but for a lot of us it’s the same story. Money used to be the problem, back when we had all the time in the world. Suddenly (again, without claiming to be wealthy) I can afford to buy any game I want, but I have no time to play them… :disappointed_relieved: Being a grown-up sucks.

4 Likes

Double xp weekend…

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily about the game updates, just a textual stream would keep people hyped, even if its only a Q&A where you answer 3 questions would be great.

5 Likes

I agree with you.

Its pretty much going to be dead silence for 6 months besides shadow jago, for me its worse because i can rarely find matches consistently specially now and i dont have time to waste searching so i just play another game ill be back when s3 starts i guess

I cant confirm that, played yesterday and today a lot and found matches as fast as always.

I feel you there brother. I have been lucky to not be as busy this past year since purchased my Xbox1…but work is about to takeoff in a big way and that worries me that i wont be bale to lay or get on this forum near as much. But i will have more money!
owell … Ill just have to make it work

But on the subject of being bored… I like the answer of “leave your comfort zone”…meaning "learn a new character… There has to be a character that these guys that are bored haven’t mastered…no way anyone can master every character all at once.

I like to play MK X when Im not playing KI… or even the 2 classic KI’s??

That’s just the nature of these boards though. Everyone has an opinion, so some will be pleased by something and others won’t. Some will want more updating and some won’t. Unfortunately, it’s much more likely that you’ll see the people that aren’t happy about something than those that are. Hopefully you all see enough of the latter and this board doesn’t feel like one giant “leave complaint here” box. Ya know… If such a thing actually existed.

THIS.

I know it takes time to do one of these. I respect that, really I do. But even if there’s no information to give or art to share, it’d be nice if ya’ll could do a Q&A once a week. Or maybe even ask fans a question to start a conversation you’d like to see and then maybe some of the IG or MS guys could jump in to the conversation here and there.

Even if Adam or Kraig or whoever can’t give specific information, just a weekly update of what we know is currently in development like Shago and shadows and all that would be cool.

It’s September now, which means that there’s 7 months (more or less) before Season 3 launches. Obviously we’ll be getting info leading up to release, but even when there’s little to nothing to share, some type of trickle, mixed with some type of Q&A or moderated discussion or something along those lines might go a long way in filling in the dry months.

Absolutely! There’s definitely a ton of game to explore, more challenges to finish, more levels to gain, more to master etc. I’m definitely psyched for double XP weekend and hope to see more in the near future. But when you’re talking about news and communication from the developer to the player, I tend to think that’s kinda separate from playing what we already have and know about.

Don’t think any of us are ungrateful for the game that we have. We’re here because we thoroughly enjoy it, no doubt. But it’s that enjoyment that also has us looking to the future for any scraps of info ya’ll are able to share with us. I know MS/IG will give what they can, when they can, but in the meantime, it never hurts to keep people engaged on the site and the future, even as they’re already engaged in the game and the present.

Just my two cents (or 20 dollars or whatever long, rambling posts amount to).

1 Like

Pushing all season 3 content, without a reason, until March, certainly doesn’t help.

The, uh, reason is that they have to make it.

6 Likes

And so it coincides with the release of the PC port.
Plus, there’s a lot of benefits to delaying the release a bit.
-Extra development time=Extra time to work out bugs and other abnormalities that would need to be patched out later anyway.
-More time to conceptualize and render cool characters of a higher quality.
-More time to test stuff, beta or otherwise
-More characters at launch.
-Not having to compete with the big name AAA Black Friday/Christmas releases.
-A timely Xbox alternative to the SFV launch for those who don’t have a PS4 ( or a PC strong enough to run it reliably)
-Time to play Fallout 4 without worrying that I’ll lose my edge in KI. :wink: