3 new characters?! First up: Kilgore!

Yea for some reason the thumbnail is super tiny, I’ll fix it. xP

This is great!

And thank you for answer my question!

2 Likes

Could you tell us which parts of his body can use accesories?
Maybe a sneak peek about them?

3 Likes

Anyone else seeing Kilgore getting Fulgore’s classic turret head ultimate? >w>

The character select screen has room for 18 more characters. So, 18 more characters confirmed after this?

How could we not give those Chain Guns some sweet, sweet lovin.

2 Likes

I assume the attachment points are the same as Fulgore, face, “ponytail” and hands.

I take it this model was inspired from Fulgore’s finisher in previous KIs?

Heh, I was just saying that he should have Fulgore’s OG ultimate turret head finisher. lol

It would not surprise me in the least if he does.

Oh Mr. @BlitzedKraig were there any stealth bug fixes on ARIA? I’m really anxious to know if you guys tweaked anything on her bug related.

[quote=“rukizzel, post:110, topic:16954”]
Music? Yes. Well at least one of the characters, that is.[/quote]

Hmmmmm. Interesting.

So, looking at the videos…

• Looks like his unique system is building heat when he uses his gun specials, which changes the properties of his moves. Looks like he does more damage and PD on the opponent, but loses range on his specials and explodes when he teleports.
  • Teleport no longer moves him, looks more like it functions as a led ley-esque dodge move, but without a puppet to back it up.
  • Damage looks REALLY low. I saw a combo with a shadow into level 4 exchange ender do 29%?
  • He’s got some sort of…cooldown ender? Low damage. It’s not clear yet why you’d want to reduce the heat on his guns other than getting his full range back and the normal properties of led ley.
  • Launcher throw!
  • The flip special looks really unsafe below max heat. The shadow version is a 0 KV stagger ender???
  • Despite the led ley move, he still has a DP of some kind.
  • Jeez, his meter gain is fast at max heat.
  • He has some kind of lock-on missile special, but we only see it used a couple times at close range.
  • Reverse axis slash projectile is gonna make me giggle every time I see it. It looks so goofy, I love it!

All in all he looks pretty much like a reverse fulgore–fulgore rushes down to build meter for his zoning, kilgore zones to build heat for his rushdown.

I guess all I have to say is I called it :stuck_out_tongue: I said months ago that there should be a prototype fulgore, with a heat system that encourages his playstyle to essentially be the reverse of fulgore.

3 Likes

Ok where have I been…3 new fighters??? What?? Awesome!! Lol

3 Likes

I don’t want to complain but if Kilgore can get accessories cmon give us some omen and shago love!!!

1 Like

Wait, not all of them are getting new music? Awwwww…

Not getting the “joke character” vibe from him at all. Yeah he seems to be malfunctioning, but if anything, that gives me a sort of “experiment gone wrong” vibe, only not in a bad way. The hype win pose, all that gun play, Riptor’s flip, curious to see what other stuff he’s got going on.

Kinda disappointed that he basically has two of Fulgore’s moves verbatim in his DP and blade dash, but bonus characters share moves. It’s how the whole movelist comes together to form the unique picture here and that’s what I want to see.

As for the other two characters, I guess it depends on whether a 4th season is happening. If not, I’ll guess Eagle and Joanna Dark. But I don’t think they play those cards yet.

My guess is Shadow Orchid (please call her Nightshade!) and either Pretransformation Cinder (bring on Ben Farris!) or perhaps another surprise?

What other characters have been mentioned in the novella? Guessing that’s a good place to start. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hmmm. mmmhhmmmm

2 Likes

Perhaps a thematic representation of the differences between the two characters in the lore, expressed through gameplay!

That outro… the Guns completely catching on fire and flaming up is so awsome !

1 Like