3.8 Tier List by Infil

There’s why I love ki, I totally dropped sfv, only play usf4 know, and ki, there’s no comparison how ki gives to every character intersting tool’s, it’s not a game heavily tier based, every character has a chance!
This is real balance, ki has become my favorite fighting game, like forever, this game teaches you how to play him , with really detailed information, the only character that I really dislike is rash,
Too bad people are brain dead about capcom fighting games and can’t see how superior killer is!
I LOVE YOU KILLER INSTINCT!!!

9 Likes

I played SfV for 4 days and I 'm already bored…I need to lab and train to have a chance to give a fight. But the game doesn’t motivate me to learn. I’m just not having fun,and that turns learning SF as if was an ad-honorem job I’m not enjoying…I can’t even still find a character that suits me.
I like the graphics, the effects, the neat looking,the music and other things. But playing it and training is another story.
I can’t play SFV, because I miss KI more. It’s just not working, and I know some friends wanted me to play SF and were happy with the idea of me playing it. And now I feell bad that I bought it,because I’ll dissapoint them.

I just lost the will to play it. And I do think KI is done.But it will always be my favourite fighthing game.

PS: maybe a Sabrewulf mod for Necalli would have helped me? …dunno,just for a little time.

3 Likes

I feel the same way. I bought Guilty Gear and I have SF 3rd Strike on Fightcade but find myself only playing those on occasion. They’re really good games but they just cannot hold my attention like KI can.

It’s not strange that SF was never a game I was fond of. I liked Darkstalkers more, even the old KoFs had stuff I enjoyed,along with other fighters. Just not sure what I’m going to say to those that wanted me to play. I’m a decent KI player because I love the saga. And as it’s has happened with KoF I know how my future looks like regarding to SFV. I see the chance of enjoy it fading away faster and faster…

Sorry,I’ll stick to my game, no matter I play it once a month or year. Even if nobody plays it. It happened to me before with the first and second game. We are less than them, but we love KI.

1 Like

what are some of your general strategies when fighting rash as aganos? I’ve uhh finally seen how aganos can punish tongue with LK but the timing is super tight so im currently pretty bad at punishing that consistently.

I’d recommend asking @MnTLetalis.

I have to imagine though that being able to reliably punish tongue is a big part of doing well in that fight.

1 Like

Key to fighting rash is out playing him in neutral. I just block the tongue then don’t block the following hit and punish rash with a jab or throw. Rash does well in that fight midscreen but gets killed once aganos has him down. Walls prevent him from using instinct to make things like shadow boot safe. That’s an mu where aganos will have to sacrifice chunks. But since rash doesnt have any meterless moves that hit twice it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

KI is love, KI is life.

:grin:

3 Likes

Well said…couldnt agree more. Ive tried several times over the last 2 years or however long its been out. Even got 3rd place in a local tournament when it released. But it just doesnt hold my interest and its frustrating when you loose to someone that you know you can beat but the way the game plays just doenst allow you to get too creative.

1 Like

I used to love casual SF. I haven’t played a tournament in almost 20 years, but I walked away from the series after Alpha 3 because I hated SF3’s mechanics and balance. It just felt soggy to me. I really enjoyed CvS at parties because it had more of a “classic” pace to me, and played plenty of Soul Caliber/2 in Midwest tourneys, but I was into MUGEN by the time SFIV came around. While I enjoyed seeing my favorite characters come back to life the gameplay was too SF3 for me, plus the pad was almost unplayable after MUGEN’s responsiveness.

Beyond that, though, going from SFIV to KI2013 was like going from Warcraft 2 to Starcraft. Sure, there were bugs and quirks in both, but the one was basically the same units with some mildly different spells and the other was three completely different options rammed into the same combat system. Do I still like WC2 for nostalgia? Yes. But I recognize when the RTS genre became a vehicle to express myself with gameplay, and the same thing happened with KI. Anything that comes along that doesn’t hit that level in some regard (say in character complexity, balance between execution and strategic victory or constant mental pressure) doesn’t hold my interest anymore. That was what I loved about MUGEN, only now it’s balanced and I can play it with other people - every day I see something with KI that I didn’t even think was possible.

As dumb as it sounds, Abigail is the first character to make me take a second look at SFV. It’s the first mold-breaking character Capcom has had since the Clinton administration - a heavy that doesn’t rely on eating damage in an attempt to grapple before ultimately losing to tiny, faster, execution-based characters. Hopefully this is a trend for them, albeit without the insulting storyline.

Important to note that even if KI is done with releasing content, the game itself still has tons of room for growth and exploration. In fact, most games see all their growth after the “final” version is out, which is obviously true of old games which only had one version, but it’s true even as recently as UMvC3 and SF4 AE 2012 (which we all thought was the final version for a long time and we were happy to play the game despite no promises of new content).

KI has seen new content for 3+ years which is pretty great, but I hope lots of people really dig into the final version (whenever that is) and keep playing it.

6 Likes

Im really hope so, I also told a friend who organizes local SF tourneys that I could go and teach them about KI, the basics, the system…Whatever they want. Give them material to learn too, or videos about the character they would like to learn.
Maybe the launch on steam will make some ppl here get more interested in the game.
But if you ask me, I’m already hurt by a mayority telling me I play a dead game (and this doesn’t just happen here).
Either way, I don’t care about that, dead or not I play a game just because I feel like it and because I enjoy it.

Hearing about “dead game” all the time sucks, I agree. I don’t have an easy answer for you, or for the KI scene, other than to just keep playing and enjoying the game. People who use the term “dead game” like that aren’t really interested in the health of the FGC anyway, and I wouldn’t really think of it as a big loss if you don’t play games with them.

Fortunately, the game online is not dead, partly because of its great netcode and partly because it’s actually uhhh a good game worth playing. I know it’s not a replacement for a good local scene but it’s still pretty cool.

5 Likes

You care to play sfv dinnertime

Well, the subject of this thread already changed to “KI is dead”, so I want to say some things I’ve been heard on the last days. As some of you know I’m new to this community. Also love to visit the forums, but kinda often I see things like “KI is dead”, “S3 sucks”, “IG doesn’t know how to continue with the game”, “DH was better”, etc. Why I’m saying that? Because is sad for a newcomer see these things, at least I feel like this way. The veterans should inspire the newcomers, no saying these type of things, saying that that’s when the game ends. Looks like the community doesn’t like the game as liked some years ago. I’m not saying that all people say these things, but it’s a common thing.

Why people say that KI is dead? They are releasing content, they will relese more ultimates, we will have at least one more pack, we’ll have new content of the history on september with the comics (maybe the plot of a season 4?). Guys, why people say that KI is dead? I don’t get it. When Kilgore was released they didn’t make a tourney, or am I wrong? People say that IG works with low budget, so guys we should applause them for what they are doing! It’s not easy continue with a game with low budget, and even so they’re trying to make KI better for us. I don’t see IG neglecting the game. Please let’s be more united as a community and stop saying BS like “KI is dead”.

3 Likes

Are you reading this here on the forums or on twitter of facebook? If on twitter and facebook…those are just trolly social media people that have been sucked into the negative cesspool of complaining about everything along with the rest of their click.
Ignore them …they are not spitting out facts…only drama and opinions.

Ki is not dead until YOU stop playing it. Its only dead for each and every single person when THEY stop playing…not CircaJoeblow or LaDoucheFGC or any other player that has a negative opinion.

5 Likes

Mostly on Youtube, also I’ve see some posts here on the forums. When they release content, always will be people saying negative stuff about KI on the comments, but not constructive critics, just BS like “this game sucks”, “low budget”, “no blood on ultimates oh my god!”. KI is not perfect, but I think it’s a great game. Their biggest mistake IMO is the dojo mode. They really should add dojo mode for all characters, newbies like me who doesn’t know the characters must go to practice mode and watch videos of good players if want to know minimally how to play with a character. But man, people have to study/work, doesn’t have time all that time to learn all characters, and KI is very dependant on what you know about your opponent. Dojo lessons teaches you just the basics, but not tricks of the characters.

2 Likes

My .02 cents? Don’t let the opinion(s), valid, invalid or otherwise, of people that have YouTube channels, Twitch streams or long forum posts dictate your opinion. Draw your own individual conclusion(s) and don’t be a drone that buzzes around the popular take on KI.

3 Likes

I think KI (gameplay wise) is in the best state it’s ever been, and that’s even with its current flaws. A lot of people who started playing FGs seriously with KI are now out of the honeymoon phase, but fondly remember a product that had many more flaws (that they also complained about back then) because it was during their first year or two with the FGC and everything was cool and exciting.

There is nothing wrong with preferring past seasons of KI for any number of reasons (rational or not), but when you start to go out of your way to slam the new version and tell people it sucks and they should play something else, then I have a super big problem with that. Partially because you can’t prove it and the reasons you think it sucks are largely in your head/based on false suppositions, but mostly because it’s just a super d.ick thing to do.

I’ve spent much of my free time over the last few years defending every iteration of KI (S1, to S2, to S3), constantly finding the positives of each version and downplaying the negatives. I think S3 has more positives (gameplay-wise) and fewer negatives than the past seasons and that’s great. The fact that many in the KI world disagree so strongly, using “evidence” that doesn’t even pass the smell test and is thoroughly debunked in training mode in 20 seconds, and turn off new players as a result is really stupid. I remember when during S1 and early S2 how excited KI fans were for their game, and constantly trying to convince others to play it. And it wasn’t because S1 was this magic, infallible version of the game. Their attitudes are a big part of the reason why KI hasn’t grown as much as it should have in the last 18 months.

13 Likes

Don think I’m understanding XD