3.8 Tier List by Infil

VERY true

He still viable as a character but only in certain muā€™s like aria kan maya kilgore fun match ups he beats imo

3 Likes

dang it im still at work! You archive??

-shrug- While Iā€™d put both Shago and Sadira on the lower end of the tier list, neither character is ā€œbadā€. Shago in particular I think has some really good tools available to him to help manage the neutral, and smart use of shadow fireballs and meter in general can net him pretty solid damage. The character has great buttons, fantastic walk speed, and can largely be wherever on the screen he wants to be. Thatā€™s never not good. Playing Shago with the right mix of patience and risk I think results in a pretty viable character to be honest. He canā€™t fight anyone by attrition, but heā€™s quite capable of controlling the pace of most matches.

I also donā€™t think Sadira is ā€œbadā€. She actually has damaging options if youā€™re willing to get creative on her reset game. Sadieā€™s larger problem in tournament play is more just that sheā€™s got some really nasty counterpicks by commonly played characters.

5 Likes

Itā€™s interessing to see the judgement of casual players like me and pro/very good players like some of guys of the forums. For me and a lot of people Shago and Gargos are hard to beat, on the other hand, they are considered ā€œmehā€ characters by pro and good players. Also characters that arenā€™t considered not so good like Omen (just to note I insist to play with him even Iā€™m being awful) are considered very good by pro.
For instance, @ItzTymeToDul has a good Omen, but manā€¦ look at Nickyā€™s Mira landing 50% combos like nothing. Looks like Omen has to work much more to do what Mira can do in a few seconds ā€œOh but Mira spends her life to do thatā€ pro players rarely do dumb stuff with her. Mira is OP with her stupid damage, IMO Omen is at A at max.

1 Like

Mira is dumb :joy::joy:

Mira is pretty top tier as well.

Mira and omen are both stupid. Just for very different reasons.

1 Like

Omen trades damage for a meter surplus and immense pressure. Dominates neutral yet has crazy gimmicks to follow. Not every character has to have massive damage to be op. Raam does the most damage in the game, yet is considered low tier due to how hard it is for him to get in. Omen usually doesnā€™t have to worry about that. Even if Omen makes a risky mistake, meter makes him safe.

Raam isnā€™t considered low tier at this point. But you are right. Orchid in s2 was one of the most damaging characters in game but was among the worst.

2 Likes

Yeah very good on paper but the lack of damage that Omen has compensates this mixup, thatā€™s why I donā€™t think heā€™s OP, heā€™s just balanced. I even opened a thread some time ago saying that Omen lacks damage, but the most knowledgeable guys of the community said heā€™s fine, so whoā€™s me with my 2 month experience towards them? No oneā€¦ Iā€™m not saying that Omen is bad, heā€™s balanced at max, but people say heā€™s OP lol no. Look @ItzTymeToDul videos, some ToneriSK8 footage, you see that these guys have to work hard on some matches to win. Itā€™s not like Mira who can kick your butt anytime she wants with her amazing 50% like nothing combos. Hell not even ARIA and Rash are so OP as her. ARIA IMO is not OP, sheā€™s fine. Itā€™s not because there are some 1 or 2 good ARIA players sheā€™s OP (ARIA in particular I just know @F3Sleep and PHYCOTICA) . You can find very good players among almost all characters of the cast, this not mean they are OP. Mira is OP 'cause of her damage, Rash maybe because of his juggles, I donā€™t see anything special about ARIA to her be considered OP. Omen I already said why heā€™s not OP IMO.

3 Likes

Omen is dumb too lol

1 Like

I think youā€™re underestimating just how dominant Aria is in neutral. If she doesnā€™t want to get touched then sheā€™s not getting touched. She can just annoy people for the entire match while the opponent tries to land a single hit that they can snowball into a body kill.

1 Like

Aria has, for my money, the most suffocating and difficult to escape vortex in the entire game. Given some of the disgusting vortexes in KI, thatā€™s saying something. She hits reasonably hard, is quite difficult to shut down in neutral, and her mobility and escape options are solid. I think sheā€™s Top 2 in the game easy, and have thought she was Top 5 since her release. Even now the character has reams of undiscovered tech; with so many permutations (point body, assist mixes, dash cancels) the character will probably never be completely figured out.

Mira is the other Top 2 character in the current game I think. Top 2 doesnā€™t mean OP, however - just means Aria and Mira are really, really good within the context of the rest of the cast. No matter what you do to the game there will always be a Top 1 or 2 or 5 characters though, so all that matters is that those characters donā€™t pull too far away and that they are good in interesting and compelling ways. I think both Aria and Mira achieve that, and in the case of the latter I think peopleā€™s counter strategies are currently extremely underdeveloped.

More particularly to you @MariusStriker, Iā€™ll just say that if Mira is hitting you for 50%, then more than likely you are making mistakes in the breaker game (locking out early or playing passively while she tags you with reaping linkers). Mira cannot murder you within combo unless you let her or she counter breaks you, and any time she hits you hard she is dealing damage to herself as well. Regaining silver life is not a fait accompli even at high level - itā€™s very possible to make a player pay for going for big damage with Mira.

2 Likes

i feel the same on here bro my head is totally burned with G. A. S. M. setupā€™s in my head
im tryin to add omen and wulf :star_struck:in my team but theses two are special to play at high skills.

I wish I could juggle with the wulf just like flash do. I know I could try to play wulf like Wheels but I donā€™t like this kind of gameplay with wulf its too sample.

ive try to play omen like one full day , then I switch back to my others mains, I was totally lost and did not ever remember the way I play with them, so special is omen ( the jump, the random fireballs ask you much attention to what is coming out and from there you wil know if you have to attack or stay back and defend etcā€¦ :sweat_smile: but ill be strong and soon of later I will integrate him and his special gameplay in my big head :hugs:)

G.lacius
A.ria
S.adira
M.aya

Indeed,

seems like I got almost 4 of them :upside_down_face: and thankx god after meets Mnt letalis OMEN on rank, my eyes been open on him and omen is a must have, specially if you donā€™t wanna waste yo time trying to run after Mira. :joy::joy::joy: I feel like Omen beat her for sure. sadira do too but its alots of frustrating work :scream::scream:

till now Iā€™ve tried omen on several Mira and it was so obvious omen donā€™t even care about her.

Ugh I donā€™t think so bruh, since RESET a combo is something every character can do in this game, believe me if I reset you with glacius or aria or maya even with omen, I wil no get the same results as it should be with sadira.

Ive seen like 2 days agoā€™s when KI4life play hisako, on his last stream he dis a reset with her and potentially took away 90% of the enemy life barre peoples on chat was like WTF :scream::scream::scream: ?? lol bruh
I actually can do the same with glacius and maya. but sadira you wil stop at something like 65% or 70% using 2 shadow tho and see how risky her resets are :scream:

leave omen alone please :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yeah omen is pretty well balanced IMO too, only his fireball are OP lol

hey la!!! go easy with my lady bruh since all kind of vortex are so punishable if you know when to avoid it, most of her strong vortex setups leave her punishable Af if she donā€™t have A meter for trying to make it safe then run away

not harder than hisako! :nail_care: and she lose skills at every killed body. you begin at 100% and donā€™t know what goin to happen until the match is finish.

lol lol donā€™t care about bae :kissing_heart: thatā€™s my work. and I discovered so some unbelievable tools with her. but risky to do because of the punish behind if it misses and the execution timing is really risky , but its ok I need more training to get better with her,
And if I could understand all the Mu with her like I did with sadira and glacius, I will be godlike. I need more training more loses so I can get better with her.

Omen doesnā€™t do heavy damage for good reasons. The character has very few gaps in his pressure. Thereā€™s things with Mira that people donā€™t realize isnā€™t true pressure. Such as normal into bats which just about anyone can either a. Jump out of or b. Shadow right through it or hit Mira with a reversal.

Omen is one of the hardest characters to consistently shadow counter. He locks out your meter for 8 full seconds. Do you know how busted that would be if a character like that did good damage? Most of the cast doesnā€™t have a reversal without meter. Others donā€™t have one with meter and have to rely on shadow counters. So if omen locks them out (which if heā€™s in instinct itā€™s inevitably going to happen) theyā€™re stuck holding the pressure of a character with a powerful mixup game that doesnā€™t have a hard time opening you up. Plus when he gets someone cornered he actually does good damage then. Iā€™ve sapped 75% of someoneā€™s lifebar with omen before they realize what was going on.

The character can zone well, has good mobility on both air and ground, heā€™s one of the hardest characters to anti air and can even play footsies well if he needs to. He has no bad matchups( neither does Mira really), a good amount of winning. Heā€™s very versatile but most omen players tend to play him one dimensionally Thatā€™s not to say he doesnā€™t have a couple of weaknesses. But low damage isnā€™t one of them. Thereā€™s a reason his placement as a top character hasnā€™t changed since s3 started.

1 Like

If youā€™re not safe after your Aria vortex setups, youā€™re doing them wrong.

2 Likes

lol lol no way ahhaha :sweat_smile: maybe I did not understand what kind of vortex you are about, cause for me thatā€™s a non stop setups between Air and ground setups, so if its it, at any moment you can break me. but if you miss it I can just continue for the lockout duration. when aria begin her vortex This is IMPERATIVE TO BREAK HER since she donā€™t need to reach ender 2 for get a nice cashout and heavy setups behind, only the ender Lvl one is really really really dangerous. its the big reason a play her since I can do short combos , with almost good preassure setups behind it and correct cashout, if I try to do the same with sadira that just time waste since shes dependant from her shadow recluse :no_mouth: so no no no thank you .

and if you are about the non stop drone assist blockstun , donā€™t forget that when I lose a drone I lose 33% of my capacity to attack properly and press.and all the others characters would stay at 100% till the match finish, its frustrating but its like that and I like this dangerous gameplay

Believe me bro with aria all is question from blocktun and timming execution and bluff. :tired_face: and when you missed it you can cry after that specially against buttons mashers :sweat:

Iā€™m saying that based on the matches of pro players I watch (you included xD but never saw you using Omen at championships). Letā€™s forget non-competitive for now. The first time an Omen get top 8 was with @ItzTymeToDul in Defend the North, am I correct? I donā€™t know how the championships works there in USA, but the impression I had is that Defend the North was a smaller championship. At KIWC we didnā€™t see any Omen get at top 8. You cited Omenā€™s advantages like heā€™s an amazing character, but all characters have advantages, Omen pays his with his lack of damage (I already said that). You said Omen doesnā€™t lack damage? According to @Infilamentā€™s site damage rank, Omen is not a damaging character. I just donā€™t understand based on what you say Omen is top tier. I donā€™t think cite his advantages is enough, in practice we saw few Omens get so far. I think when a character is OP heā€™s always/most always at the top. Mira, Gargos, Cinder are always at top 8 in big championships. Itā€™s funny that Gargos and Cinder are not considered S tier as well.

1 Like