3.8 Patch Notes

I know dude, I’ve learned to see where I can punish her. If anything you force me to fail myself. You punish me on bad wakeups, force me to have patience yet insist that I don’t slouch on the pace of a match. Honestly Jago has the tools to shut down Hisako to a degree, but it’s really a mental barrier of what Jago can and cannot due. For instance, Jago players are conditioned to play a certain risk, but due to Sakos uniqueness she dictates a lot of what he is conditioned to doing. I suppose that may not make much sense out of context but she truly has some outstanding tools that force peak play in your hands. Though I still will argue with you that she wins against Jago in that matchup.

Don’t want to be that guy but I find it kind of odd that we’d have to pay for omens color pack if that is the case since they are his colors 7-9 which every other character has gotten for free.

3 Likes

Ah, that’s true. The teleport change was definitely good. The rest of it though, eh.

Just give us something… Anything… Tired of maining the worst character for 15 months straight.

2 Likes

Looking at all the Shisako changes I notice the hands grabbing people out of shadow moves isn’t listed. Does that mean that bug wasn’t addressed?

I find it interesting that back in season 2 light laser was the go-to for upclose fulgore pressure. Then in s3 it changed since medium was more advantageous. Now it’ll probably be back to light laser.

Also I think the Fulgore nerfs were a bit much, but not the end of the world

Can she grab people out of shadows right now? She’s not supposed to.

This is also the BEST and most BS way for her to get in on Kan-Ra. It’s literally not something you can react to, prepare for, or even attempt to punish with shadow meter, on block or anything you can think of. And no I’m not exaggerating, Ask any Kan main. It’s bs.

1 Like

Yes, it happens randomly. There really doesn’t seem to be any consistency to when shadow moves do or don’t get grabbed.

Yes, shadow rekka + instinct is just brain dead vs every character without a DP.

Am I the only one who thinks Mira should have been touched?

1 Like

Nice to see all the shin hisako bug fixes.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s an actual thing though. Like we think a move is still active because it looks like it hasn’t gone into recovery frames yet. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve just never witnessed it.

I mean… I could. But…

2 Likes

No it happens right after the screen freeze. The most common example is I’ll got for a meaty fireball set up. They’ll do projectile invincible shadow, I think “I’m going to get hit…”, then BAM, they get grabbed instead. But it’s not consistent, sometimes the projectile invincible will go through and hit me.

No tears from me @SonicDolphin117

As I mentioned earlier, a nerf to a character that normally gives Sadira issues, is an indirect buff to Sadira. The Rash and Gargos nerfs were a dream come true.

Now if only they would nerf Cinder’s Pyrobombs so that only one could be on the screen at any time, I would be happy. :stuck_out_tongue: 3.9 anyone…

While I REALLY wanted to see Sadira get a damage buff, the reality is, it just isn’t going to happen. As Infil said in another thread, just haphazard buffing even in the slightest could tip things in the wrong direction. The fact that they are allowing Sadira to keep her ability to jump cancel autos outside of Instinct, is good enough. I can get some insane damage off of these. They are hard to pull off, but there is huge reward especially when combined with her damage ender.

1 Like

I’m not a hardcore player so I was more excited for the first half of the video but its good to know balance is still happening. Can’t wait for those Omen colors and ultimates, hoping the Eagle accessories aren’t to expensive though.

If you ask me who I prefer to fight between Jago, Fulgore or Glacius and Sako I would always go for the first two.
Honestly I wasn’t expecting them to be hit again, well, not Jago for sure. I undesrtand the changes though. I would have prefer the other two were adjusted in some aspects…Oh well.

Nice Aganos Ultimate, looking forward for the rest =)

Nothing on Cinder? At least decrease his chip damage? maybe he doesn’t get to do great damage…XD

Aria still with very ambiguos linkers (the grenade thingy, not the shotgun ones, those are fine).

Thunder, ok, he was being pretty dumb. Hope he gets smarter with this. Seems tough, but I can’t really tell because I don’t play Thunder. I like the idea they have to think when I’m going for a meaty and not just wake up like whateverjustmashancklesliceryougettheidea.

Rash…Seems interesting that he has new options to explore with punches. His kicks range was very good. But still Sako has great range and air priority with her recapture and she was untouched =/ (still believe her guessing game is strong, she can easy and happily close the gap with the jump and recapture with a huge and scaring hitbox that also with wrath gives the Sako player enough time to go to Starbucks, drink a coffe and come back to confirm).

Fixing the flame carpet against Wulf and Thunder was nice. It was unfair for the Riptors. Also that Kan Ra bug fix, despite not liking the character almost as much as the ghost girl I’m happy that the Kan Ra mains will have that working again.

Shago will be able to use light dp treat after the overhead now? ohh. That would be annoying XP But I can live with that.

Looks like Gargos will have it harder now. Or maybe not that much.Or maybe just the minions.

Thanks for the patch notes and for being there for the community.

1 Like

the way I see it thunder will have to behave closer to a real grappler now. Which means he’ll still be good just like the other grapplers in this game but he wont be the prime candidate for captain brainless anymore.

3 Likes

Well keep in mind. Rash just got buffs on two of his fastest buttons. That might make it worse lol

2 Likes

True but at least Shadow Big Boot won’t be a get out of jail free card.