3.8 Patch Notes

When’s Sako?

2 Likes

I’m kinda happy about this because it comes up quite a lot when I play Lemon, so it kind of feels like this change was in a way made for me lol. Gore will just have to be a little more careful as to not get too predictable on offense or actually be punished for it like other characters. The -3 change to Laser is very questionable to me but it is what it is, we’ll just have to see how Fulgore players take it and adjust.

He is definitely a bit weaker on up close pressure which seems to have been a theme in this patch but he’ll still be good just about anywhere on screen.

1 Like

My take on the changes:

-Good changes: Thunder, Fulgore, Rash, Arbiter, Raam

-Dissapointed: Gargos. IMO he got hit too hard by nerfs. I’m ok with the mp(!) and j.hk changes, and IDK about minions hitbox, but reckoning nerf seems too much for me

And about the video… I don’t understand @rukizzel

Why making a video showing unrelated gameplay? Why don’t you show us the changes in action?

Some may be harder to show, but wouldn’t be great seeing Fulgore’s teleport change? Or Gargos j.HK change? Or any of Thunder’s?

Having unrelated gameplay while you speak about changes is confusing and we get no correspondence between what we read/hear and what we see. For what is worth you could put Forza gameplay, and the effect would be the same.

If we ever get another patch with video,please, consider using its corresponding gameplay to show the changes, at least some of them which can be easily shown.

This helps no one

5 Likes

I know that applies to Raam’s kryll stuff, but for some reason that isn’t what I remember for Shinsako. @TheKeits - any chance we could get final word on this? EDIT: Thanks @Dayv0 :thumbsup:

EDIT:

I predict the adjustment will mostly be to stop using medium laser (they’ll likely switch to light). Which incidentally, will make a lot of his vortex stuff much easier to shadow counter, since you’re less likely to get blown up by a quick two-hitting move after the meaty fireball.

1 Like

I can’t give you a source right now, but @Ziarist is right

Edit: @STORM179, found it!
Official List of ways to prevent Creepy Hands from grabbing

I like this change list, curious to try some of them out in lab to see exactly how they affect my matchups. They did forget one huge change on the change list though:

-Added new character: Eagle

Seriously check, it’s nowhere on there. A small and silly thing to be observant about though, just thought it was kinda funny.

I don’t really get the Jago frame data changes. Was the frame trapping on crouching kicks that strong? With push back you could only get a couple of blocked hits in before you would whiff. I see in the notes that the team felt these buttons were too powerful; also standing versions are left as is… but really?

Not the end of the world, I guess. Just seemed unnecessary with so many other nerfs over the past couple of patches. It just feels like, “Jago opens you up too easily so we are going to reduce his damage. But he does too much damage so we are going to reduce his ability to open you up.”

And I get it. I’m not so upset that I am saying I hate this game. I’m still in love with it. I recognize the developers have access to a lot of data and knowledge I don’t. I guess I am just a bit salty is all.

I too was really happy with the Thunder changes and Gargos changes. Looks like a lot of Fulgore moves got hit pretty hard tough.
Over all I like the list…I think its going to be a great Update.

[quote=“STORM179, post:73,
topic:21410”]
I predict the adjustment will mostly be to stop using medium laser (they’ll likely switch to light).
[/quote]

I don’t think M. Laser in a vortex situation is a bad option at all. You can still use it to try and mess with people who like to to SC. So even though it’s uses are now not as plentiful, it’s not something he’ll just want to toss out of the tool kit.

I think the fact that Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker after a manual being unbreakable is something that shouldn’t be ignored for those who fight vs. her. Proof (I was playing Survival casually): http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaltBomber44/video/33028494

sigh well, I’ve stuck with Fulgore through thick and thin so this changes nothing. Still hurts though

I disagree…Gargos being able to stagger into command crab with huge damage… plus the rest of his tool kit? I think they made all the right choices for Gargos…he still is very hard to chase down. Plus his reset into command grab… to much damage.

Best patch list in a long time

Going on stream to talk about patch notes and stuff

link here so it doesn’t embed some dumb thing

4 Likes

His command grab was heavily nerfed in the previous patch. So I disagree, his resets into command grab were pretty weak

1 Like

His overhead got buffed. It was -3 before. -2 means he’s safe on it now. Though it’s still not his turn it means he can’t be punished by some characters on block now. Excluding general Raam.

Oh I read that wrong then. Noice. Then again, RAAM gets punishes in moments where lots of other fighters are incapable of punishing at.

15 Likes

I dig that a lot! Here’s to hoping for Ultimates Guest Pack (RAAM, Arbiter and Rash)

1 Like