3.7 Patch Notes

more cautious? a good jagos player already follows you around like a dang kimono dragon, waiting for you to die (or F up). how much more cautious is there?

No! they not have time for this. must emasculation Jagoā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :scream: :innocent:

LoL

Conscious, not cautious.

Donā€™t worry, itā€™s on the list. Just way down the list.

Fixed a bug where the projectiles during the Ultra could cause the opponent to be blown out.

semantics. the ability to choose right or wrong without cautiously analyzing it, is impossible

Those fixes will not affect a great jago player much. It will stop all those wind kick happy Jago players, and that is great. I swear, in some fights you would think wind kick and fireball were the only 2 moves Jago has.

I know this will upset the Jago Army, but I am happy that it was done. I have been saying that Jago should be Nerfed for over 2 years. Better late than never.

1 Like

Thank you. I must have skimmed and missed it. I was. Just looking for the phrase ā€œfixed a bug with Kilgoreā€™s Ultra that caused it to failā€, or something like that. It has been a long day for me. I missed all the KIWC info, and am trying to see what I missed.

Thanks again for pointing it out to me.

Glacius got buffsā€¦ for real?..

glacius players will get even more braindead, fantastic.

2 Likes

Since some people here donā€™t seem to understand what the deal is with the fulgore nerf: cancelling laser into fireball is very strong, to the point of being kind of stupid, especially in instinct. Medium laser > fireball > charged blade dash is two lows followed by two frame traps, and leads to a difficult to react to opener-ender if either of the first two hits connects, and full combo if either of the last two hits connects. If heā€™s in instinct, this series is free, and at the end he can be 0 on block. He has long unbreakable combos with heavy laser and fireball cancelled into each other, which is pretty strong and very frustrating. Zoning with heavy laser cancelled into fireballs is very strong and hard for some characters to deal with. This is very much a big deal. Also, the instinct bug was just too much. He was getting to 10 pips WAY too easily.

5 Likes

mfw half meter for Kryll Cancel:

mfw Glacius buffs:

5 Likes

"Itā€™s not Street Fighter, but itā€™s closer to a Street Fighter meta than I really want out of KI."
Iā€™ve seen this with a fair few characters (Aganos as played by @GalacticGeek in particular comes to mind,or players that counter with Hisako so that a 2+hit move is neutralised via a single button press). Iā€™ve enjoyed the windkick game of wait for a block, then punish off of that, but now it seems, judging by your wording/logic at least, that this might be able to make Jago mirror matches and other interesting scenarios less so.

Itā€™s a shame, but weā€™ll see what happens when the patch actually drops and the KI communityā€™s had a while to figure it out.

Youā€™re right about Riptor and other characters, but I wonā€™t go into that. Fulgoreā€™s changes donā€™t really impact me that much, in the grand scheme of things, as I donā€™t use what I consider to be a cheap zoning trap that only players who have too much time on their hands and wanted to make the game less enjoyable would deliberately employ as part of that. Maybe thatā€™s me being biased.

I appreciate the thought youā€™ve put into this reply.

1 Like

The main thing Iā€™m not a fan of at this point is the fact that Glacius seems to be a rushdown and a zoner all at once, without the potential to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up and get punished for it, given that he can literally go under moves and use that as a movement option to nullify everything.

I wish the team would figure out what they want him to be, I.E. a single type, then stick to it. Fulgore is a mix-up heavy character, but he is unsave in places, so thatā€™s fine - he can play both styles but itā€™s a choice that players can counteract. Glacius on the other hand can just spam moves from long or short range with very little room for movement from the opponentā€™s point of view/without allowing them to have a turn, especially with his floaty jump. It allows him to simply avoid attacks that are going to hit him by jumping over, thus allowing him to constantly have a turn at attacking.

Other than that, the changes seem interesting and weā€™ll have to see what happens once everything official gets released.

3 Likes

So when do they make Kim Wu viable?

I think you are correct. So itā€™s a nerf.

Clutch, m.spike, St.LK xx whirl was a bad habit string anyway. You had to always use a st.LK xx whirl or cr.LP to recap or to flip out. Both of them are lights at the exact same time, so while you could wreck beginners with that string alone, it gets broken every time vs anyone who knows the MU.

the cr.LP flip out option seems to be still working, so Ra only looses the recap option. Itā€™s still a good counter break point.

No biggy IMO because he has great options after clutch knock down nevertheless. But I still donā€™t like anything that makes him worse in any way.

The rest of the changes for him are very good.

first was sadira then wulf and kan ra, no it yo turn bro , just one word ā€œā€ā€œcourageā€ :persevere:

1 Like

#KI devs on patch day

7 Likes

Fulgore, Glacius (a bit).
Only thunder remains nowā€¦

All I want to read is that Ultimates and new Stage Ultraā€™s are here.

1 Like

Thanks IG for fckng Maya AGAINā€¦ Oopsā€¦ sorryā€¦ I wanted to say ā€œkeeping her aliveā€.

Really happy for most of these changes overall. Nothing too unexpected, IMO.

Regarding the jago changes, Iā€™ll admit I expected the windkick nerf or the overhead nerf, but not both. It remains to be seen just how deeply this will affect the character. I think itā€™ll come down to just how punishable a well spaced M windkick has become. If the move can still be made mostly safe if spaced properly, then between that and an overhead that is a somewhat easy hit confirm his offense wonā€™t suffer too much. If, on the other hand, the M windkick is stricly always punishable, then he will suffer a bit.

As for fulgore, glad to see the instinct bug getting fixed, and I believe the removal of eye laser pip cancel will have a bigger impact than most people believe and itā€™s a healthy change, IMO.

Very happy to see the change to RAAMā€™s cancel. This can be huge for him, I think.