3.4 Eyedol

Well, your opinion, of course

IMO, he is good, I enjoy using him, and he is strong

I mean, of every tool Eyedol has, you choose the toolset which IMO its fine xD

1 Like

Warrior overhead isn’t fast, it has 28 frames of startup. It’s good and long range but isn’t fast.

Relative to the size of his hurtbox Eyedol’s buttons are kinda stubby but compared to other characters and their ranges they are pretty long ranged, that’s why it can sometimes feel his buttons are stubby if you’re playing as him but not against him (they look small compared to him but not others - basically like Raam’s dagger).

Eyedol lacks close and far range versions of his standing normals, however the buttons he has in warrior are tied for fastest normals in their strengths at close range (except c.hp which is one frame slower), never mind far. Due to the fact that they match the speed of the fastest close normals and still hit much further out than close normals do means he categorically does not have slow stubby buttons.

1 Like

I mean that although it’s reactable, is fast enough to catch you off guard when you are at sweep range. [quote=“MBABanemobius, post:42, topic:14974”]
Eyedol lacks close and far range versions of his standing normals, however the buttons he has in warrior are tied for fastest normals in their strengths at close range (except c.hp which is one frame slower), never mind far. Due to the fact that they match the speed of the fastest close normals and still hit much further out than close normals do means he categorically does not have slow stubby buttons.
[/quote]

This

What do you want @developers to do then? Nerfing is toning it down. Oh why’d they have tone him down, why couldn’t they just tone him down. Lol

Can we get any idea of what determines the stance change if you never punch? Right after the patch he was changing at a good consistent rate but the other day I played a set in exhibition where I started in Mage, and stayed in mage for 2 whole matches with no switch iirc

I just hate that you can no longer teleport after his b.MP command move on hit or block while in mage stance anymore
 Now I’m forced to only use it with the bolt special moves (for the most part). :frowning:

You can’t cancel from b+mp into any moves.

Edit: oh I guess you mean the teleport not b+mp.

Yeah, I still don’t know why they removed it though. It didn’t do any damge, only got him a pip for warrior stance, and put him in a largely bad position for mage stance (right next to his opponent). At best, it was good for harrasment. I would’ve been okay if they made it doable on hit, but not block, but to remove it entirely? Rubbish, IMO.

Possible reasons to the change:
-Since it covered a great amount of space in front of Eyedol, it always led to ranged lighting for more damage/pips, or delayed lighting /meteor for mixups, increasing noticeably his damage and punishing with more damage a fail when approaching him (which for some characters is really hard)
-Was really good during instinct, since it was comboable into charge for an almost fullscreen combo
-Guaranteed a pip, which is ok, but Eyedol already has two good options into pips
-At some ranges, was comboable into qcb k, which was very powerful for one chance combos.

Overall, the changes are oriented to make Eyedol less frustrating to deal while in mage. This particular change is noticable, but not pivotal in his mage gameplay

They didn’t remove it for your setup, they removed it for allowing you to cancel into full screen high low mixups. Not being able to do a teleport after is an unfortunate side effect of not being able to cancel b+mp into anything anymore.

2 Likes

This is a massive buff because then people would just OS teleport (or whatever) after every press of b+MP for guaranteed offense with no risk.

3 Likes

Can we have j.hp back I hate the new one. IMO the animation sucks and make no sense, it’s harder to hit. Why couldn’t they nerf the frame advantage or damage, Like anything but this. Also the overhead start up nerf was also stupid because it wasn’t even that great of an overhead, I used it for recaptures now it’s more predictable for what to break before it so it limited the diversity on when I can use it, maybe just make all his lunch and ground bounce bounce higher. That is all besides these things I’m great.

They already nerfed frame advantage and the move was still a problem that a damage nerf would not have fixed. It just covered too much space around him when he did it and beat too many things working the way it did.

Nobody asked anything from devs

Just make it where it only hit up front and below. All I’m say this nerf might of been too much.

Guaranteed? It does next to no damage! If I could personally balance it out, I would make the teleport no damage at all (purely for use to get pips and/or positioning) and make it the ONLY thing you can use upon canceling b.MP in mage stance unlike all of the other stuff that was mentioned by @Dayv0, and only on hit, as I said before - I would also give it more of a tell, as it’s hard to determine even now whether he’ll appear in front or behind you.

The damage doesn’t matter at all, what’s important is you get corner carry or side switch, space, and resources to make warrior body even more potent.

1 Like

While true (I didn’t think of that), you still got to get to warrior body 1st

So? You will eventually get to warrior body, probably pretty quickly, at which point all of your moves now have significantly more bite to them.

So just make it so neither the b.MP nor the teleport cause a stance switch into warrior.