Hey guys. Here are the patch notes for 3.2 along with our developer comments (in bold) on why we did certain things. Enjoy.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a fresh reset combo ending in a wall splat to blow out as if that wall splat was the 2nd one in the same combo.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a character to rocket across the screen when performing an air counter breaker.
• We now enforce a minimum of 24 frames of hitstun when your opponent attempts to counterbreaker you, in addition to the 30 frame maximum we were already enforcing to ensure that counterbreaker attempts are punishable. (This means that you wont see grounded opponents popping out of hitstun early when you counterbreak from certain moves, making them feel much more consistent. )
• Fixed a bug preventing the LK and MK followups from being used after a Shadow Ender Sammamish.
• Fixed a bug preventing Spectral Manuals from causing Blowouts.
• Fixed a bug causing Spectral Manuals to always fan the flames of a burnout as a punch attack, instead of counting as the same move type as the auto double that came before it.
• Fixed a bug causing excessive pushback on a blocked Close Standing HP in the corner.
• Fixed a bug that could cause TJ to get a Tremor Ender instead of a Vortex Ender when canceling from a kick manual.
• Dagger Toss damage reduced by 33%
• Maya can no longer use air dagger toss after Shadow Leap Kick. (These two changes were made to reduce the very high once chance break damage Maya was getting in Season 3. We also feel that invulnerability is enough of a reward for the Shadow Leap Kick and that it doesn’t need to lead into a combo. Maya’s close to mid-range control of her opponent is still very strong, so this change weakens the damage of her defense without removing the potency of it, while also making reducing the 1 chance break damage.)
• Kan-Ra is no longer throwable during the active frames of Light Clutch. (This fixes an issue where it appeared that your Clutch was teched because you were thrown on the same frame that the Clutch hit the opponent.)
• The grab box on the first active frame of Clutch has been increased in size to cover the area closer to Kan-Ra. (This should help the move to not whiff as often against very skinny characters up close)
• Fixed a bug where Hisako’s low catch counter worked against air attacks that did not hit overhead.
• Fixed a bug that could allow Gargos’ minions to attack her during a specific part of her Ultra, knocking her out of it.
• Fixed a bug causing the 1st hit of the Heavy Punch auto double to whiff some crouching characters.
• Downforward+HK is now +12 on hit (was +15) and +6 on block (was +11) (This move was too good, as it could manual into itself. Now it still gives extremely high frame advantage, but not quite as absurd as before.)
• Increase the cost of Mist Form from 20 health to 40 health. (Mist form is incredibly powerful on both offense and defense, and in practice, the team feels this warrants a higher blood cost. We’ll be keeping an eye on how this effects Mira play.)
• When added after a wall splat, Embrace now heals for half the amount it would when landed from neutral (50 instead of 100). (This option is still powerful, and will still heal you more at Lv1 and Lv2 than a bite ender would if you have corner positioning, but the tactic is a bit weaker overall.)
• Mira can now perform Air Dash with (Upforward, Forward) inputs. (This will make air dashing feel more familiar to players experienced in other Air Dashy games.)
• Fixed a bug preventing Shadow Devils Divide from scaling in combos.
• Fixed a few issues giving Gargos the incorrect number of jump actions after a blocked Reckoning.
• Fixed a bug causing Gargos to keep going forward instead of falling when Air Light Crusher caused a counterhit.
• Reduced the length of the cancel window on Standing HP by 3 frames to fix a bug causing the Oblivion Ender to drop when late cancelled after this move.
• Fixed an issue that let Gargos use Stoneskin Explode to break out of some strike-style grabs earlier than expected.
• Fixed an issue causing the Portal Punch hitboxes to stay active for longer than expected.
• Fixed a bug where Gargos’ minions could interrupt enders and his ultra.
• Fixed a bug where Gargos’ Madness Commannd Throw would cause the opponent’s mesh to mirror.
• Fixed a bug allowing players to quick rise from Sadistic Drop Ender and Shadow Sadistic Drop.
• Fixed a bug causing the hit counter to not go up during Devils Divide enders.
• Shadow Jago