Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

It seems like you can’t go straight to Ultra after Shadow Decimation if RAAM still has a stock of shadow meter - you just cancel into Kryll Shield instead.

From the looks of it, he did a tic throw. After he grabbed you, he pressed light (headbutt), medium (gut punch), and then heavy (knee attack), and you attempted to break the medium with something else, and got locked out. You can display inputs to see what you pressed instead of mediums.

Seems that when you command throw on Glacius’ stage as General RAAM the cracked ice on the ground rises above your character. I do two normal throws then two command throws after to show the difference. Also added in the reset after the second just to make the difference more obvious.

I came here to report something very similar.

After shadow Decimation (during a combo OR during an important situation like shadow counter), it is really difficult to cancel directly into ultra if Raam has another bar of meter, because Kryll Shield always comes out instead. It is possible, but incredibly tight; you have to input the QCF+PPP within something like 5 frames after the 5th hit of the shadow move. If you input it while the 5th hit is hitting, that’s too early, and if you wait too long after the 5th hit, it won’t work either. This is extremely missable during fights, even with practice.

I recommend putting the ultra command as higher priority than Kryll Shield in the input hierarchy? Kryll Shield should probably be the lowest possible priority, so you can do enders/linkers with the 3P button if you also did a quarter circle. Kryll Shield should probably only come out if no other special move/ultra was accepted.

After the recent patch I have noticed that maya can’t throw her daggers while airborne during shadow leap kick. Every other leap kick (light, medium, and heavy) work just fine but when shadow leap kick is activated no daggers come out.

Check out the RAAM Patch Notes thread, this was an intentional change.

I reported this in Season 2 but I’ll bring it up again.

In Shadow Lab my account is currently ranked number 2 in shadow points even though I don’t play Shadow Lab much at all. I am not sure what the hell happened but ever sense season 2 I have a absolutely absurd amount of points.

I wanted to bring this up again simply because I don’t want my account to be in any potential threat of banning because of something I don’t even that much.

Shadow points aren’t ban worthy… there is nothing there that anyone is worried about. Those points do not lead to KI Cup. Sometime during the launch of Shadow lab, a hand full of people received a glitch that gave them millions of shadow points. They know about it but its likely not at the top of their list of priorities.
In the mean time I wouldn’t worry about it being something you would get banned for.

1 Like

Hey there!

I’ve been playing KI since Launch Day 2013, and I’ve never had any achievements glitch up until now, and I’ve got both the “Competitive General RAAM” & “Stylish Rash” achievements glitching up/not unlocking for me. I beat someone on ranked with RAAM on my first try, and I’ve unlocked not one, but TWO colors for Rash! :grin:

Any hope that whatever bug that’s preventing these achievements from unlocking will be squashed soon? Thanks a bunch!

-Zenek

so i just tried syncing it and nothing happened. it says it recently synced but it also says an error occurred while syncing because timeout period expired. they are conflicting statements. what do i do???

I do think this is your error, but I don’t have windows 10 myself so I can’t help you with how to resolve this error message. Maybe google it a bit?

But I’m pretty sure you can’t play with the KI characters because something is wrong with your clock.

well i just synced it with another internet time server like it said to do and i got a success message but still no access to my characters. ill look into it a bit more and try to see if i can get it to work, because i feel like your right and it has something to do with that as everyone else who had this problem resolved it that way. ill try again when i get the chance.

this is because shadow labs was moved to the single player section. they did this because shadow lords is probably going to be moved to the main menu. shadow labs isn’t gone it was just moved. go ahead and take a look at the singleplayer options, it is there.

i have actually seen this happen on other characters too. It’s happened to me a few times since they changed th UI and added the silhouettes.

Ok, so I’m not sure if this has been posted or talked about, but in the almost 3 years of being released, I haven’t heard this issue mentioned at all.

I’ve seen this error since Season 1,but I’ve finally decided to post about it, bc it is sitll apparent, and it cost me a new KI Epic episode…

ISSUE: FIGHT REPLAY DE-SYNC/CORRUPTION

SITUATION: Play a ranked match, immediately go to fight replay to check it out, and sometime during the replay/fight (live or post upload to KI servers) the fight loses all identity, and “random” CPU buttom mashing ensuses.

CONSEQUENCE: FIGHT IS LOST FOREVER AND COMPLETELY USELESS FOR ALL PURPOSES.

POSSIBLE FIX? Let us save/choose/allocate space offline for fight replays so they don’t have to be sent to a server, and so we can view fight replays for local matches as well. (Local fight replays currently don’t exist at all.)

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS OR HAD IT HAPPEN TO THEM?

Are mira’s vampire mist and raam’s kryll swarm DOT count as “curses” aka status effects?

If so, shouldn’t they go away when ARIA switches bodies?

Because they don’t.

So I’ve been having this problem for awhile now but I thought it was just something wrong with my fightstick. There are times when I try to activate my instinct mid combo, attempt to use it as a cancel, or try to break heavy auto doubles and linkers and HP+HK will simply not work. I know I’m pressing both buttons in a variety of scenarios but it’s not registering in game. I watch the replays in matches where I know I wasn’t able to activate instinct or attempt to break a heavy auto double/ linker and I find that the buttons register as HP HP HK HK. The odd part is I am not pressing each button twice just simply one HP and one HK. The replay is saying otherwise however. I now know I’m not the only one having an issue with this after talking to a few players. Here is a clip where I attempted to activate instinct as Gargos but got HP and HK twice. Note that I’ve had this issue when I play as Jago as well so it’s not a character specific bug. https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/e188b0f9-fe45-4922-b1e6-5c117c801753?gamertag=IDistortions&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Here is another instance where HP HK didn’t activate my instinct when I was in combo. The inputs are delayed in this replay. https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/1749f77b-5d4c-421c-9085-ae6cf27e6b1f?gamertag=IDistortions&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

It looks like your fight stick is just double-firing those buttons sometimes.

Try opening it up and swapping them with the 3P and 3K buttons.

Bug 1) Aganos’s regular Ruin goes through Raam’s kryll shield.

Bug 2) Raam builds meter (and a large amount of it) doing shadow command grab (both neutral and ender versions).

Bug 2) When you press start+select in training mode to reset the stage, Aganos automatically gets 2 chunks back. This never happened before this last patch. In theory I suppose giving Aganos his starting 2 chunks is the “reset” condition, but I’d really recommend you remove it, because it makes testing stuff on/with Aganos incredibly painful.