3.1 Patch Notes

Wow!! That’s a lot of changes!

I’m a little disappointed there wasn’t a few more adjustment to Kim Wu. In particular, I was hoping for an increase in priority to her Dragon Kicks. It still feels weird to lose on a dragon kick vs a jumping Galcius medium kick. With so much recovery, the move just seems to be easily punished by other character normals.

Also, I know it’s in this patch since it was showed at the PAX stream, but the option to turn of Level 4 enders were not in the patch note.

I guess that leaves hope that there will also be a way to have random select themes as well.

Any chance we can a size of the patch @rukizzel ?

Got it. When I read “openers” I was thinking of things that go into the “Combo Openers” section of a command list, like Glacius’ Ice Lance and Maya’s Axe Kick.

If you cross behind your opponent with your dash and press P, you will now trigger the vertical version of Dark Fury instead of the angled version. (This change was made to reduce frustration in fighting against this tactic. It decreases its effective range, but if an opponent is not blocking crossup, they will still get hit by Dark Fury in much the same way as before, and all the same juggles will be possible, so we still expect this technique to be very strong. The main goals here are to allow an opponent to better punish Shadow Jago for a successful block or dodge, and to adjust the risk/reward on this technique.)

I encountered this technique for the 1st time the other night…it was very frustrating to say the least! I didnt even know you could do that…and I could not see it coming.

Fixed a bug causing Rash to start on a later frame of his Run when canceled into from Big Bad Boot, leaving him more advantaged than intended. (With these 3 changes, he now has the same frame advantage on a run cancel as he does if he didn’t run cancel the Big Bad Boot attack. Because of the fast paced nature of the game and the speed of Rash’s overall pressure, we still expect run cancel boot to be quite useful in Rash’s offense.)

To me it seems like Rash has Frame advantage all the time…not just here. No matter what you do he can beat you to the punch or throw. I just dont understand how to consistently have any sort of advantage against Rash with Omen. If there is an area where Omen excels against Rash, someone please let me know.

Didn’t see lvl 4 enders toggle on/off. Is it a thing in this patch?

Rip Tele-Wu bug… I wanted to see it as a feature in Instinct or something, since she has bad openers. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t that gamebreaking since you have to spend meter right? Plz Keitz… :cry:

They showed it off at the PAX stream, so it probably is. Probably just an oversight in the patch notes.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be the case, with the removal of the run cancel he now has no plus specials, and for his normals only his crouching light kick is plus. If he’s beating you to the punch then you’re not pressing your button early enough.

Yes, I believe this is it at the top:

Added Toggle for Cinematic Ender Cameras under Help & Options –> Display.

That’s a terrible decision. It’s as if they want us to only gravitate to season 3 characters.

Gottta agree, should have been for all characters. Would have helped the 40 dollar price to be easier to swallow.

1 Like

Ooops…totally whiffed on that one. My bad.

Im disappointed that there are no PC fixes. Especially the crash during match searching. This one feels like it should have been a top priority

Mah boi Rash just got brutally assaulted, and despite hearing that many thought he was overpowered, it’s still a bit disappointing. As far as I can tell, all he got were nerfs too. Unfortunate.

Maybe this just means he needs to stick it to the competition. Eh? Eeeeeeeh? …Nevermind, I’m sure no one got it. My dream may be realized some day…

It’s in the patch notes under Added Toggle for Cinematic Ender Cameras under Help & Options –> Display.

2 Likes

More Kan-Ra nerfs… sigh

Seriously, it’s getting ridiculous now.

2 Likes

I wonder when they stop abuse Kan-Ra…

When he stops hogging all the soup

4 Likes

Im feeling happy today :slight_smile: Mira & new colors incoming^^
I hope patch 3.1 fix the problem with the KI Gold!
Other in this forum I’ve seen with over 200k Gold and my Gold from the Ultra Edition are away :frowning:

Kan Ra got bug fixes, one of which amounts to a small buff. Nothing ridiculous about it.

3 Likes