12/9 Textual Stream - The One that Wraps the Community Survey

I am so glad they are considering reworking Fulgores instinct mode. I always felt it was a bit underwhelming and I cannot wait to see what they do to it.

When did they say there reworking Fulgores instinct?

This should answer your questioni.

1 Like

Kinda bummed Shorchid and Joanna were top voted in each category.

Making another shadow would kind of strip Shago of what makes him unique. If anyone can become a shadow, it kills the unique relationship between Gargos and Jago through Omen.

As for Joanna, I’m all for guests, but I feel like other guests are much better options. For starters, pre-transformation Cinder could play the role of a gunslinger. Also, if they wanted a gunslinger, they probably would have chosen someone like Masterchief from Halo or Marcus from Gears. Marcus and Chief are way more recognizable than RAAM and Arby, but the latter two have much more interesting tools to work with for gameplay. I just feel like, if they didn’t use Chief or something as a gunman, why use Joanna who is way less recognizable?

I don’t mean this as a way to hate on Joanna fans, and I’m happy for you if you get your character. I just feel like if they wanted a gunner, they wouldn’t have chosen Arby as a guest, and considered a Brute as a potential future guest when they could use Xbox’s mascot, Masterchief, for gunplay.

1 Like

I’ve always imagined Human Cinder as a costume rather than a character. You could fit him with things like hand flamethrowers, sticky bombs, shoes like C.Viper, and some sort of jetpack for Trailblazers. Kinda like Firefly from the batman series. You could call it the “Legend of Cinder” costume like what you’re doing with Thunder right now.

3 Likes

pff… She won. Its legit. One more guest wont hurt. We have 3 already.

I think people are being held up on the shadow part of shorchid, for all we know she wouldn’t be a female version of shago she could be something else entirely. Honestly people are quick to forget that IG is more than capable of turning a character many thought would be ridiculous into something badass.

1 Like

So if we have shorchid, she would become a shadow master along shago. How about that? And Omen would become the mimic master. I guess it fits perfectly for a sequel. It could be awesome if they change the shadow lords lore like that having shago and shorchid as the king and queen leader of the shadows. And Omen would become a mimic shapeshifter.

I’m pretty sure gargos is still the king of all mimics.

As for a sequel my friend. Shadow kings.
Conquerors of the shadow lords.

1 Like

Never mind me then.

1 Like

I’ll try HARD not to read TOO MUCH into that one…

Soooo, given this and the fact that the Lovecraftian character was the 4th most voted character, I guess my very own (unanswered) question may very well be answered in a not-so-distant future :wink:

We could possibly get 8 of the all new characters or 1 for the reimagined for a season 4, or they could take 4 of the reimagined and 4 or 5 of the all new. Either way would be amazing, but as we can see they have enough ideas for a new seasons worth of characters plus more. It’s a great time to be a KI fan.

I smell yet another potential main!

On a slightly controversial note, I think I’m the most bummed to see Pre-Transformation Cinder so high on the list. Kinda strikes me as taking a really interesting design and making it boring. I mean, going from being a walking super nova to being a dude that punches things isn’t exactly an exciting concept. Same goes for the rest of the characters that used to be human: The time they spent being “normal” was certainly an important part of their development, but it kinda strikes me as the Baby Looney Tunes approach to character design. Either they’re going to be so similar to their transformed self that their inclusion is meaningless, or they’re so vastly different that they should have been an original concept from the start.

I know this is just the literal interpretation of this suggestion and that it’s focusing more on game play aspects than the actual character themselves. IG’s priority list is probably a lot less petty than someone like me. But the fact that people wanted this and Shadow Orchid more than concepts that were more open to interpretation as interesting designs really bums me out.

And I’m still baffled that Wendigos aren’t higher on the list. People have been asking for them since season 2, and we know they’re actually in the universe thanks to the novella! Where’s the love, guys? :cry: at least Shorchid and Joanna make sense. People have been clamoring for them for a long time. But some of the things that won out really make me scratch my head.

4 Likes

(COUGH)

I’ve said it in that thread, but I’ll reiterate; I would love to see a medusa/gorgon/lamia character, and the ideas I listed in that thread are entirely open for the team’s use, if they pique your interest!

@BlitzedKraig , @TheKeits , and @TempusChaoti ;

Thanks, as always for the awesome game the dev team is making - community based discussions like this show that our opinions on KI count to you guys, and I appreciate the extra effort this stuff must take.

Can’t wait to see what new stuff these results bring us next year!

6 Likes

I agree with you a lot. While I do think human Cinder can offer a unique gunslinging play style, and rushdown Glacius would be a good way to show diversity of his alien race, I feel like a grass golem and a shark monster are the two re-imaginations that offer the more unique/fresh designs of the list of characters. As for Shadow Orchid, maybe they will differentiate her, but I feel like a completely new character with a new design (like a shark or tree guy) would be more interesting than a demonic twist to Orchid’s design.

4 Likes

I like what I’m seeing here. More Shadow Lab slots are well and truly overdue at this point, and unsafe shadow endokuken does away with an aspect of Jago that I don’t particularly like even as a Jago main, but which also people have been complaining about being on the other end of forever.

Also, I’m fine with the ordering of the All-New Characters poll results. I think Sharkman ought to be higher in the Reimagined results, however.

1 Like

mmmmmmmm… (anxiety)…

Ah, thanks! I did misunderstand. Appreciate the clarification, man!

Yeah as someone that just recently delved in so Shadow Lab for the first time and loves it, I could definitely do with at least one more slot. Glad to see they’re listening in this!

2 Likes