12/9 Textual Stream - The One that Wraps the Community Survey

Here ya go: Your question

GalacticGeek4d
I read through most of the questions and have not heard this 1 in the thread yet -
Q: Will we ever get character-specific dojo features? If so, will it be before the end of 2017?

We’ve done some subtle improvements to the Dojo in the past two updates, including editing and rearranging missions, making them play nicer with Combo Assist, and finally added some better unlocking criteria. Apart from that, we don’t have any additional improvements or additions planned.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing about a “shadow Orchid”…are they meaning a straight-up “shadow” character, or perhaps she might be more of a “shadow” character like Mira is to Maya? Personally I would prefer the latter. Maybe they could use the name Roxy? Maybe her stage could be a rave of something similar? Maybe that stage’s Ultra could be essentially Humiliations (make 'em dance!!!)

…then as a side result of this they could create several dance animations and online if someone rage quits instead of just getting a notice that they disconnected we get to watch one of the dances randomly play out (wouldn’t be any longer than an average match end animation).

:grin: please??:grin:

1 Like

6 Likes

Yeah, I know she won. But KI is not Smash bros… :confused:

This comparison has always felt kind of stupid to me. Smash bros is literally nothing but guest characters. Having 3 guests out of 26 playable characters is obviously not on the same level.

6 Likes

Not controversial, it’s all good man. You’re obviously entitled to your opinion.

Thing is, Cinder being a walking supernova is very cool, but he’s also a guy that punches. That’s part of his move list. So you’re talking about the most interesting part of Cinder and what would obviously be the be the least interesting part of Ben Farris.

I could see him being a mercenary that has a ton of different military-related moves that could be very unique to his character as well as the game. Same goes for Shorchid. I didn’t put her very high in my vote, but I can absolutely see them doing fun and exciting things with her look and move list.

To me, and this is just my opinion, Shago does a perfect job of straddling those two extremes. He has some Jago inspiration in his moveset, but not enough to make him a pointless copy. He’s unique, but not to the point where I’d say his moveset needs to go to a completely new character. I think they can do this for others.

I can see wanting a completely new looking character, but when we’re talking about reimaginings, that’s never really, truly what we’ll get. They’ll still use the same rig, reuse some animations, perhaps variations on certain moves etc, so I don’t really see how a human version of a monster character isn’t unique (Ben Farris) but a monster version of a human character, for example (Shark TJ) would be.

I mean, I get that you like monsters a lot more than humans. I’d say I like them both equally at this point. But I’m not sure that preference carries the logic of which one is unique and which isn’t to a conclusion that checks out for me personally, but we’re just talking from our opinions here,so it’s all good. Personally, I think that they could do some awesome things with any of these ideas. I just don’t see the novelty in a man shark, though I must admit that tree Aganos, now that I’m accurately picturing that idea, sounds freakin awesome as hell! :slight_smile:

I can respect that. Man, it really sucks when you think something has a ton of potential or not, only to find yourself in the minority opinion.

I REALLY want a wise old sage character like Shun Di from VF, Edge Master from SC, Wang from Tekken and so on. It’s one of my favorite archetypes. The hero guide, the leader, the powerful character that’s dismissed as feeble. I throw this idea out constantly and I feel like I get zero traction.

I also really want Human Sabrewulf. I know, you’re probably like “Wtf nooooooooo.” But whether he could be a sort of feral human with Vega claws as just a twisted new skin for Wulf, or a reimagined character that’s like an aristocratic scientist with a touch of madness that fights with potions and power ups, I want to see the drug-addled monster that’s been striving for a cure for 20 years of our lifetimes finally get that cure because that’s how I’d like to see his story progress and I really want it to progress.

Don’t see any traction on this either. I’m sure you wouldn’t like these either, and that’s okay! Really. But whether they realize your ideal scenarios or mine, I think we can both agree that whatever they do, it’ll likely be awesome,so hopefully that alone makes you less bummed, if only a tiny bit. :slight_smile:

RIGHT?! Wendigos were high on my list along with Lovecraftian, Djinn and Magical Archer. Certainly before all of the guests. Speaking of bummed out, that right there kinda surprised me a bit. Like we seriously need ANOTHER Halo character over a canon story idea like this? Ugh, it really does suck having the minority opinion sometimes! lol

4 Likes

No dojo stuff?mrip @Marbledecker

1 Like

I’m surprised with the low placing of a Djinn, its an archtype with so much possability…

1 Like

WHAT if ARIA has creared a ultratech suit for Ben Ferris??? BLUE BEETLE?!?

Yes. But they wanna more guest characters for KI future?.. I’d rather choose new characters than guests because new characters are very interesting than them. We already have 3 guests in KI. What’s the point of getting another guest? I don’t like waste ideas…

Dont you main a guest? (Arbiter)

1 Like

You talk as if there’s some objective measure by which a guest character is worse than a new original character. I don’t agree with the idea that a guest is a waste.

2 Likes

I’m fine with only few guests like two or three, not many guests… I main him because his setup, combos and etc are pretty good.

I have no interest in arguing with you. Let’s drop the discussion.

I think they just want to keep the dojo a “teach the basics” idea and on that note, I’m okay with it.

However, I’d really love it if they could add some video lessons in the Training Mode for all characters. Like put them under a subheading called Character Lessons or something and teach people how to use miscellaneous tech for each of them.

Obviously, they couldn’t be uploaded all at once, but over time, on any tech or subjects they want. They could take some video capture of what they want to talk about, then talk over it and break down what we’re seeing like “okay today we’re going to do a few juggles with Sabrewulf utilizing his shadow leaping slash recapture, back toward and two punch buttons. I want to show some stuff you can get away with and why it’s so useful.” and just go from there.

Maybe try and focus on some particular moves or strategies that you guys feel the community under utilizes as well. I’m not sure if the logistics, but maybe you could allow players to post such videos as well. Just turn it in to a large sharing collective, a one stop shopping place with titled videos focusing on your character.

You might say, “they already have that, it’s called YouTube,” but this could be much more streamlined, much easier to find what you’re looking for, and seeing it in-game, in training mode means being able to watch something transition and immediately going rightvin to practicing it.

I think that’d be incredibly helpful and could go a long way in introducing players to new tech, new ways of thinking the game, or perhaps getting them in to characters they might not have otherwise considered.

2 Likes

Come on, don’t tell me you don’t want to make a shadow orchid shadow to go along with your shadow Jago shadow and on top of that get shadow skins so you can have a shadow shadow orchid shadow just like your shadow shadow jago shadow…shadow-ception :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cant say I’m super happy about the character poll results (magic archer so low :sob:), but them’s the breaks. The PD change should be interesting, the Jago shadow fireball change is much, much appreciated, and the Fulgore instinct modifications has me curious.

But the most important thing I wanted to say is thanks once again to the KI team for being the most active and transparent dev team out there in terms of how you interact with your community. It is greatly, greatly appreciated.

*Totally taking credit for the negative shadow fireball change, btw * :wink:

4 Likes

Look what i found guys

6 Likes

Funny I would prefer if like in his arcade ending sabrewolf accepts both his wolf side and his human side. His new identity moving foreward rather than actually succeed in returning to his human form. After all after the potion that kan ra gives him in the shadow lord grants him human speech.

I mean what is he going to do once he is human,again? go back to his old life of booze and party? If he somehow found a cure I think he would long for the wilderness and the “wolf” that was once apart of him. And maybe choose to touch the old still contagious wolf claw hanging on the wall…

He’s an artist. All he waned to do was hold a paintbrush. Can’t do that with paws. I think he learned his lesson after turning into a lycan. Life lesson right there.

…finger painting? lol I mean rafiki from lion king does some pretty good pictures

1 Like