You got your KI in my Halo! ;P

Sorry for seeming so ignorant but Halo 4 is literally Halo: COD edition. kill cams, grenade indicators, loadouts, sprinting, ordnance drops(pretty much killstreak rewards), and to top it all off it has the worst map rotation in the series imo. That game does not deserve the Halo name.

1 Like

Yeah
 But Halo 5 is new Call of Duty too. That’s why I quit Halo franchise, but Halo 3 and Halo Reach are always in my heart.

I enjoyed Halo 4 and I’ve been a fan since CE. :\

A true fan loves everything in the series, regardless of the flak it gets from the community at large. Halo 4 was fun, it might not have been the best Halo but it was still Halo and therefor enjoyable, at least to me.

1 Like

I gotta disagree with you there. A true fan can’t blindly accept when a company tries to rape and destroy something so sacred. I do love every Halo game in the series but like I said Halo 4 just wasn’t a Halo game in my opinion. I feel Halo 5 was at least a step in the right direction
still nowhere near the masterpieces in the original trilogy. Halo 6 is 343’s last chance to make it right

That’s why I love the multiplayer of all the halos, they’re all unique in their own way and feel different when you play them. I was never a big fan of halo 3s multiplayer just because everything felt like it was hallow but I still loved playing it.

Is this tread about Halo or KI? It’s hard to tell
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lol you’re the embodiment of the problem with the gaming community these days.

“It’s not exactly what I remember from the first game so it’s terrible and not worthy of the name.”

1 Like

It’s a whatever it wants to be thread lol.

“Rape and destroy”
"Sacred"
really?

Halo is a game, sometimes you get it right and sometimes you don’t. The original trilogy was fun for its time, it was amazing but Halo cannot ever reach that level of popularity again with how saturated the gaming market is now. Halo’s success was a direct result of the conditions being perfect for it to grow and thrive, it basically had zero competition. As soon as the Call of Duties of the world started to pick up on Halo’s success it drew people away that will never come back, Halo is what it is and going back to that old formula will never bring success again.

Nostalgia is one heck of a drug, it makes you think things were perfect as a kid but when you get down to the facts they weren’t. When Halo 2 came out people HATED IT, remember Halo2sucks.com? People despised that game and Halo 3 wasn’t much better, it had plenty of problems that people eventually accepted. Today though everyone just remembers the good, they think those games were godlike and they pick apart the new games and try to compare them to the mental impression the old ones left on them as a child making it literally impossible for the developers to make a Halo game that pleases them.

Halo 4 was a damn fine Halo game on its own right, it might not have been Halo 2 or Halo 3 but it was fun regardless of the gimmicks they tried to play with. Was it perfect, heck no but NONE of the Halos have been. At its core Halo 4 was great, I played it enough to reach max rank and I still enjoy it today.

That’s just my opinion though, 343 isn’t killing Halo the greedy overbearing, controlling community that can’t be happy is.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

What are you talking about? I literally just said that Halo 5 was a solid return to form for the series. Change is most certainly welcome in a franchise. What I didn’t like about Halo 4 was that everything they changed was simply a copy/paste from the most popular FPS at the time aka Call of Duty. It didn’t play like a Halo game to me.

You’re right, I remeber all the wall running, ADS, sliding, vaulting, and dropshotting that happened in Halo 4.

Oh wait

1 Like

Thanks, Halo has this weird thing where a game is hated and once a new game comes out the old ones become classics that are beloved by all. We’re seeing it right now with Reach, when that game came out people loathed it, they hated armor abilities, they said Bungie ruined the series. People HATED Halo Reach but now
 now that it’s backwards compatible people are playing it like mad, swearing that Halo 6 needs to be more like Reach when before the same people were hounding the developers hungry for blood. It makes no sense, the nostalgia factor with Halo is insane people just forget the bad and scream just to hear themselves scream.

I guarantee you by the time Halo 6 is out people will be whining that Halo needs to be more like Halo 4 because by that time Halo 4 will be grandfathered in as a timeless classic.

3 Likes

Back to the more important part of this topic; make a KI exclusive REQ pack tied to the purchase of KI Season 3, at least the Combo Breaker pack if not the Ultra pack.

Valve does this for all kinds of stuff with regards to Team Fortess 2, and I think that since these are both MS owned franchises it could be simply and cheaply done, but will expose KI players to Halo, and Halo players to KI.

This could be reused for other games, like Quantum Break, Scalebound, or the new Gears later this year - create REQ packs for each of these games too.

2 Likes

You make a lot of valid points but imo Halo 4 is NOT a damn fine game. And about the nostalgia thing, have you played the MCC? I still play halo 2 all of the time and i still absolutely love it. So for me, Halo 2 is the perfect FPS. You can keep playing Halo 4 (CoD), and i will keep playing Halo 2. Agree to disagree.

Halo 4 came out in 2012. The game(s) you are referring to (Advanced Warfare/Titanfall/Black ops 3) came out in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Not a good argument man.

Yeah I played MCC for about a week before I had to stop because of all the bugs, when I finally picked it back up I had a bit of fun but honestly the old Halo formula gets stale quick. Its just not that fun anymore, had Halo Reach not refreshed the series I may have never bought another Halo game again.

I’ve been a Halo fan since the start, I’ve owned every Halo game, every Halo edition console, I have a wall of books, comics and action figures, I’m a Halo fan through and through and I say Halo 4 was fun as heck because I took it for what it was instead of trying to hold it up to some mythic expectations of what I think it should have been. You keep calling it “COD” but its nothing like Call of Duty, if anything Halo 5 is more like Call of Duty to be honest. Halo 4 tried some new stuff that many people didn’t like but it was still a fun game for a lot of people and not nearly as bad as some want to make it out to be. I honestly think calling a game COD is the weakest insult there is, hell Call of Duty is doing more these days to rip of games like Halo and Titanfall than Halo has ever borrowed from them.

Like you said though, agree to disagree. I believe that Halo 4 was good, it wasn’t the best but on its own two legs it was a very enjoyable game. (when you stop hitting the nostalgia pipe that is)

1 Like

If you look at those additions on a surface only level yes. But let’s be honest the load outs didn’t really affect the game that much at all, they were designed that way too. There were no killstreaks only a reward circle that would slowly fill up till you got a drop, it filled up more from kills but it also slightly filled up when you died if I recall right. These changes didn’t destroy the pacing of halo, map control or how gun battles worked so it felt very halo unlike halo 5. The main weaknesses of the multiplayer had to do with the reward drops being random weapons and not properly tiered as well as random weapon drops on the map, also sprint was a bit too powerful for escaping fights instead of engaging in them. (Sprint should have been sacrificed for a faster base walk speed)

So while halo 4 multiplayer received some minor surface level changes and had a few competitive problems it very much felt like halo.

Exactly. Halo 4 on it’s own is definitely a solid fps. No arguments there. But as soon as you compare it to it’s predecessors
that is where you lose me

Halo Wars is a good Halo game, it has nothing to do with the previous games. A game doesn’t have to perfectly reflect the prior games to be good. If you say Halo 4 is a solid game, its a solid game regardless. I guess that’s why I enjoy it and you don’t, I look at it as a “solid game” with Spartans and Needlers and I see a solid HALO FPS.

1 Like