Yoshimitsu Guest

Yoshimitsu has been original in every FG he’s ever been in. :wink:

very funny but I see what you’re trying to do >:3

No he was never in KI so no not an original if he showed up. I’d rather IG come up with a uniqe samurai character and unless Tekken’s willing to put in a KI character or even SC doing that, Yoshimitsu needs to stay out.

How exactly would you do an original and Modern day samurai?

I think he’d be a great addition. However, I doubt we’re going to get any non-Microsoft owned guest characters. Especially at this point.

Depends on which faction he’ll be a part of. I can see using that sword guardian as a good example to start with, give him magical runes on his armor, and add some serious spice to the samurai’s look. Or they can add some demonic twists to the character’s design if they were to.

I’m just saying, I don’t think a guest character would be a good idea to take advantage of for that character trope. Heck I don’t even count the guests as tropes, other then “the guest” basically. Yoshimitus might be a ninja/samurai but if he is in KI he would just be “the guest” that’s really it.

And if so, then sombody cool, like freddy, jason
alien, bob ross…

That’s only how YOU see it, and not everybody will see it the same as you do. The other guests, although guests, do still fill roles in the game - the gunman, the funny character, the grappler… Yoshimitsu can, and would, do the same.

He would have to be stuck in a “two Story” mode, where
he is being bounce back and forth to two different times.
alternate realities, thus being both at once.

The trick would be to make both stories relevant
and with a single direction.

the probblem is the “role” in the “lore” that’s where I stand on that. I think an original Samurai character would be better and more creative instead of working with something that already existed in an entirely different universe.

KI shouldn’t be Smash, it isn’t. Plus I like the idea of seeing a samuari character that can add to the game’s lore.

@JEFFRON27 @JouksNetlander He doesn’t have to be THE Yoshimitsu from other games (similar to how the Arbiter isn’t necessarily THE Arbiter). His entire stigma, regardless of game, has always been “great mysterious ninja/samurai warrior” - why not just stick with that?

Who knows? Maybe he can have his own new and unique story - maybe he not only could he be this great noble and mysterious and timeless warrior, but 1 that happens to appear only in great times of need or crisis to help those who are less fortunate with the help of the guardian spirit within the sword. A mantle of sorts, so to speak.

NUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!
-cries in corner-

3 Likes

Because then you would have two characters who would be alike, and one of them not even belonging in the game. That’s just pure idiocy.

Umm no you can have two of the same thing and still make them entirely different going by your logic we shouldn’t add a Samurai at all because spinal has a Samurai Costume thus we already have a Samurai character. pluss Yoshimitsu is more of some kind of Robot Alien Bug Squid Samurai Ninja thing his not just some plain Samurai the only reason your saying no is because Yoshimitsu is a Guest character and you completely dont want guest characters at all which wont matter anyway because like it or not we have not seen the last of them and we will probably end up getting a heap more so its better to ask for cool guest characters instead of saying no more entirely and getting stuck with a crap one

But they’re all crap ones.
However, no, that was not my point. I wouldn’t want another vampire character either, even if he/she turns out to be completely different from Mira. She fills the role, no need for another. Same with a Samurai character.

And no, a silly accessory set doesn’t count, imo. Just like it didn’t count when people suggested some Gothic Lolita doll-like character, and people said “But Hisako has an accessory set…”.
But hey, you know what they say about assuming…

I want another Vampire Mira sucks
and guest are cool and your gona get more if you want them or not so again better to ask for a cool one instead of nothing at all and getting one that sucks

And this is why we can’t have nice things…

1 Like

Put it this way you can continue to say no more guest characters and end up with someone like earth worm jim or a character from the same game as guest character we already have do you really want that or would you rather a character who is from a cool game and is a cool character to be added because either way we are probably going to get another guest character regardless thing is you can ask for someone you want or you could say no more guest characters which is pretty much saying give me someone i dont want who will most likley be garbage there is no in between there your two option someone you want or something you hate its up to you but by saying no more your just gona end up with something you hate

drop mic

Erh, no. “No more guest characters” means “No more guest characters”. It means I don’t want any guest characters. And that’s it. There’s no alternate meaning to it.

-takes up mic and hands it back to you-

Also, you dropped this. Made you look like a fool. But don’t worry, I got you. :wink:

No no more guest character means you dont want any so your setting your self up for disappointment when they do add one and since you didnt put any input in to who it should be we could possibly end up with some one really bad where if you actually suggested someone you could of got them instead because the characters we end up getting is what I.G see’s people asking for the most.

There are Hundred of Suggested characters on the forums I.G are gona look at them and see people saying no more guest there not go no more guest there gona go looks like people dont want this character we will go try one of the other Suggestions so either way your gona get something so your better off supporting a character you like instead of getting something bad and even if you some how say no more guest on all of them well then well done you gave I.G the option to come up with a guest character them self which could be something no one wants. so no more Guest just means give us something crap you need to look at the bigger picture people are asking for Guest characters and they have been giving us them so there not gona stop now when people are still asking for them so again you have the chance to support something and get something good or support nothing and get something bad