xSkeletalx - Gargos Early Access Plans

It shows
Speed 8,44/0/0
Advantage -/-
Properties Throw Invulnerable

Sorry, I didn’t screencap it, I just checked it though.

LP is fast but it is shorter ranged than Thunder’s.

That’s a darn long startup for a shadow move, it must have some sort of forward movement or something like Mira’s shadow bite. 52 frames of startup is a lot.

Then again, 0 active frames and 0 recovery? That’s got to be either a typo or miscalculation. I think there’s an inaccuracy at play, not on your part though Skeletal. I’m under the impression whoever entered those values made a slight mistake.

I think probably it’s truly more like 8,0/2/44. Thunder’s grab is 5,0 on startup for comparison, and I just rewatched part of the reveal stream where they use it. 8,0 looks more accurate, and a 44 frame recovery looks right given the hangtime he had when Keits whiffed it on purpose.

Regardless, the move looks so useful, Shadow version or not. Thanks for the data @xSkeletalx.

You’re welcome!

Playing around, it looks like if you trigger HP in the air while really close to the ground, Gargos doesn’t sweep through the opponent, and instead lands in front of them.

Probably useful for mixups?

Instant overhead maybe? I know the j.MP made a good instant overhead, but having j.HP could be a decent distance gaining move. I think if you want a good quick overhead into combo, j.MP is a good bet, and j.HP allows you to get into position for your ranged combos like Glacius.

Streaming a bit, if anyone is bored.

1 Like

Only request I might have is that you try to unlock as many colors as possible and maybe get Level 50 with him, if you’ve got the willpower to grind it up. :stuck_out_tongue: I see that you’ve already made good headway based on what I saw on stream so that’s good.

Wait, I lied. I have one more request:
Think you could record the highest damage combos you can get with Gargos? Both for lock outs and Max KV, meterless or otherwise? Unless @Infilament already has that covered.

Jesus that stage ultra voice -

Stream’s done for now, thanks to everybody who stopped by!

If you missed it, don’t worry, it’s archived at Twitch.tv/xskeletalx!

@Fwufikins unfortunately, that’s more precision and lab work than I’m capable of. You’ll have to wait for my betters to work that out.

Color/accessory/level grinding I can do, though.

1 Like

Technically, I am one of the top ~20 Gargos players in the world.

For now lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, but you’ll have the honor of having unlocked those achievements over a week earlier than anyone else in the world. Like you said, only about 20 people can say they unlocked those achievements before the public. That’s forever on your gamertag.

Absolutely true; I’m just also enjoying the concept that For a week’s time, I can claim to be that high on the skill board :smiley:

I know my real place in the KI world though, and I’ll happily slide back into anonymity (aside from the forums) when the week is up!

Live again with a Lobby for some live matches!

Guttermagic just joined us, RIP my winstreak.

2 Likes

Noticed on my live feed you made a new friend. Having a big time EVO contender on your list must be pretty cool.

1 Like

I took a life bar from him in each of our matches so far.

I feel accomplished lol.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like the stream video from last night is filled with artifacting and missing frames, so I can’t just upload it like I thought I’d be able to.

I’m going to spend part of my day watching through replays to make videos from so I can share some of the matches.

If you want to see the entire stream, artifacting and all, it’s archived on my Twitch channel.

I’ve uploaded a selection of matches from this stream to my Youtube channel, featuring C2 Mirage, @TheCommanderp, Guttermagic, @MrBrett, and myself! Unfortunately some of the replays were desynced and unusable, and I was limited in terms of how many clips I could include while still having transitions to make things look nice.

Stay tuned for more Gargos videos (and streams) throughout the week! I’m up to level 42, so I expect I will be able to take a variety of screenshots or clips with his high level accessories and colors, along with his icons and profile taunts in the next day or so!

1 Like

Want to see all of Gargos’ main costume accessory sets with each of his colors?

Look no further!

1 Like

Want some more Gargos gameplay? Check out these matches vs @FinchoMatic!

I have also promised images of Gargos’ Icons and Backgrounds; here they are!

Gargos’ Taunts:

• I’ll let my minions deal with you
  • Defeating you will be easy
  • I will show you a world of fear
  • I’ll bring out your inner demon
  • Only a fool challenges me
  • You are just a puppet
  • Death awaits you
  • Kneel before me
  • Prepare yourself for a reckoning
  • You are already dead
2 Likes