xSkeletalx - Gargos Early Access Plans

I think it’s worthwhile to run a little poll here; what version of Gargos should my first few videos use? Please give me your votes, and comment on which accessories and colors you’d like to see first!

Bear in mind, the Default costume accessories and colors won’t all be available right away!

• Default Gargos - Default
  • Default Gargos - Customized
  • Retro Gargos - Default
  • Retro Gargos - Customized

0 voters

I really liked color 2 default Gargos, but that’s just me.

Also, could you give frame data on the Shadow Command grab? I’m wondering if it’s 5,0 like Thunder’s. If it is, Thunder has some competition in the punishment department. It did a raw 20% like Thunder’s, but doesn’t follow up like Shadow CotE.

I can certainly try.

When I say that I have spent less than ten minutes in Practice across all two/three years I’ve been playing, I mean it, so please forgive me if I struggle with Practice based content!

If you scroll to the move in the move list in practice mode, it should have the startup data posted next to it.

You watch, I’ll still find a way for this to get screwed up!

I will look for this later tonight.

Retro
Retro with accesories
Default with accesories

Thats my preferences :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

With a tiny bit of experimentation, I will say I think that I’m in love with Oblivion ender-Devil’s Divide-Sadistic Drop. I’m landing it fairly easily on the AI right now.

It looks like the grab is breakable, but I think that’s going to be a go-to combo ender, particularly with the options instead of Sadistic Drop.

@FinchoMatic @CStyles45 have you tried that out?

Congrats on the early access! Bums me out that we won’t be able to play together until he officially releases now, though. I’ll definitely find you after his official release so we can play again, and until then I’ll be following your escapades.

I voted for customized Gargos in your poll, though I don’t have a preference as to what color/accessories you use. I would like to see you customize him according to your liking!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m really sorry that I couldn’t get some games in with you last Sunday, but I’m positive the clips (and maybe stream) will make it worthwhile!

I knew for about a week or so, and I was struggling to fit in as much KI as possible before I was limited by the patch. Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to get everything done that I wanted to. Mira’s challenge, for example, is ending in Silver with ~150 points to go.

As requested by @BHswordsman09, allow me to present my first Gargos video - focusing on his musical theme!

1 Like

I better become Hollywood quick so I can play as him early #WHERESMYGARGOSIG?

1 Like

Aww. Lucky you. How do you think the Gargos and Fulgore match up will go. Heavy laser will shred his minions easily. Teleport can beat his ranged punches. Etc.

Hey @xskeletalx, could you record a video of the win pose after scoring a stage ultra? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@Sasuke99I I can’t say for sure yet. I think Fulgore definitely has ways around some of his tricks, but I think a good Gargos player is going to give him a struggle. I’ll have to try his H laser and see if it hits the minions or if their hitboxes are too small.

@Dayv0 I can definitely do that! I’ll try to make a clipreel of all of the Stage Ultras.

If anyone else has any requests for videos, please ask!

2 Likes

I want to see what does different Gargos has two animation walk video!

1 Like

Hey man I was thinking, are Gargos taunts, icons and background images ready? You could take a screenshot of them. With the taunts could be enough with typing them here. It would be awesome!

1 Like

I noticed that! In the reveal stream he walked diferently in the training room because he was in his red life bar!

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive: gaze upon our mighty Lord Gargos as he uses the very environment itself to lay waste to those who stand in his way!

@IronFlame Here are the frame date caps you asked for:

LP Grab*

MP Grab (short hop in)

HP Grab (opponent in the air)

HP Grab (Launcher Ender follow-up)

Please continue to send requests, ask me questions, whatever, and I’m going to work my way through them.

2 Likes

Nice, I like that, that light grab is super quick apparently. 4 frames startup, not even Thunder is that quick on any of his. What about Shadow version of the grab?

LOL THAT AIR DIVE on Hisako’s stage. That’s my favorite one. Just “lightly” Divebombs her face.