Xbox One Headset

Hi guys!

My regular Xbox one headset is just a disaster! I literally can’t hear anything unless there is no noise in the room.

Would you know a good headset compatible on Xbox One and PC? Cheap would be the best :smiley: (less than 50$).

Thanks for your help!

What console do you have?

What do you mean?

If you have the new Xbox 360 controller it has regular headset support.

I have the regular Xbox One controller. Just I as say it my original post.

Ok. Well you could by the adaptor so you can use any headset with it

the newer models come with a 3.5mm jack so you can use any headphones with it. I personally use my Samsung headphones with my PowerA Spectra controller.
If you have the one that requires an adapter, Turtle Beach is a good bet. I dunno if there are any cheap ones for console gaming but not from what I’ve tried to look for.

1 Like

Sorry to necro this thread, but I had a question about the headset that comes with the Xbox One. When I plug this guy in to my controller:

The slash on the mute button on the right side will glow orange if I press it, and the volume will make a boop noise in my ear if I turn it all the way up.

So why can’t I hear anyone when I play online? Are people on the other end simply not using their headsets? I tried getting this to work with a friend that had his headset on and we couldn’t hear each other. Any advice? Do I need to change some privacy setting or something along those lines? Any help or trouble shooting advice would be greatly appreciated!

For the most part people dont use gamechat. I used to stay in gamechat all the time on 360 but since they added party chat i’d rather just chat with my mates in a party while playing. If i’m playing a team based game and if i notice that people are talking in game i’ll switch over. But even then i’d probably add my teammates into party chat because the audio quality is so good.

Also yes there is issues based on people having conflicting NAT types in game chat which causes them not to hear each other. If everyone is set to an open NAT this shouldn’t be a problem. Party chat uses a dedicated server i believe which alleviates any issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, @HudsonRL! Much appreciated. Funny thing is that when I was trying to play with one of my buddies, who was also using that same, headset pictured above, we still couldn’t hear one another. We used to be able to, but I don’t know if one of us change some privacy setting or what the deal could be, but the last few times we’ve tried to meet up and play something online, whether it’s KI or NHL or FIFA, we can’t hear one another.

1 Like

Hmm. I’d recommend checking what your NAT type is for the pair of you. I use the same headset as you guys with zero issues. To check NAT. Go to settings, Network, Network settings. It should say open. If it says Moderate or strict then thats where the issue is. If it says moderare/strict then you’ll have to forward ports. Which seems scarier than what it actually is. Xbox (or any other console for that matter) needs several specific ports open to allow data to pass through without hassle for online play, chatting etc.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help, man! You’re the best. I’ll check on this when I get back from work tonight. Sorry to be a bit of a goober, but you say that I’ll have to “forward ports,” what does that mean exactly? What does that require me to do?

No worries man. You need to access your router through your browser and these ports need to Be forwarded.

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

There’s a ton of tutorials on the internet for it as you need to find the tutorial for your specific router. Keep me posted! (I know it sounds like a lot to do but once you find the steps you need it’s simple)

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

1 Like

Awesome man! Thanks a ton. I’ll check it out this evening. Really appreciate the help!