Xbox One Fightstick Windows 10 Update

It’s kind of a shame as the PC was always starved of decent (and for a time, pretty much any) fighting games until Mortal Kombat 9 got miraculously ported to PC. They were always one of my favourite kinds of games and almost always a guaranteed purchase for me, however I found myself no longer able to fork out the cash required to own a modern console alongside a PC, the last I bought being a PS2 and the rather disappointing Wii (Yay, walking simulators, exciting!)

Before I got my stick in May I’d been playing everything that requited hitting people with a busted old PS2 pad and XboxCE, I actually asked that the fight stick and Killer Instinct be my birthday present, alongside a new drive to put Windows 10 on unless something went horribly wrong, it’s kinda a lot of money to drop on something that doesn’t work 100% as it should.

I also have a friend who can’t find any way of playing KI online, even after trying all the trouble shooting advice from the forums, it’s a real shame as we’d hoped to be able to play together, he’s certain it’s an unfixable router issue but that still doesn’t help anything. :confused:

It’s just a crying shame as in so many other ways, this game is polished and beautiful and the netcode seems generally godlike, I prefer it to both SFV and MK X, just a little bit of attention in other areas would make it absolutely outstanding.

While I don’t have anything to add to immediately help your situation, the Win10 upgrade that comes with the so-greatly-cried-for stick support is supposed to drop on August 2nd, so just a couple more weeks…? It sucks that it’s not been working for ya thus far, but the troubles are almost over!

Its confirmed to work already on the insider build, no?

Pumped! So its all but confirmed for august 2nd… <3 rukizzel

I recently hopped back onto the Insider Preview builds program, but I set it to ‘Release Preview’ for my Insider Level. I noticed in the Devices and Printers that my Xbox One Razer Atrox went from being labelled ‘Xbox Gaming Device’ to ‘Razer Atrox Arcade Stick’. It unfortunately is still in the ‘Unspecified’ section and is unresponsive (only the Home button works), but I’m guessing the proper drivers for it will be up with the Windows 10 Anniversary update on August 2nd. I can’t wait?!

Could always try a usb hub

I dont see anything saying the support for fightsticks is coming on that blog tho…

It is known that additional Xbox One fightstick support is coming in a future Windows update, hopefully that is the upcoming ‘Windows 10 Anniversay Update’ on August 2nd(knock-on-wood). There will be another Windows update released in Spring 2017.

No but Rukizzel replied earlier in this thread and is the CM for Killer Instinct. I’ll take his word on this.

Yay! Now I can go back to asking for the Xbone to recognize the fightsticks as regular controllers so I can use them on other games! cough skullgirls cough

1 Like

So it could be only in the 2017 Spring Update :slight_smile:

Bro if they let us down greatly on August 2nd, then yeah the long wait till then seems likely.

I don’t think I can wait that long without stick support for SFV and KI though, I might break down and purchase a completely different stick… All the money spent modding this Razer Atrox, down the toilet…

You can buy adapters, like the Brooks adapter which will allow you to use it. It’s annoying and costly but WAY cheaper than getting a new stick.

Or you can spend 30 bucks on a hori fighting commander pro 4 and pad hack it into your atrox

Shoryuken forums tech talk section :wink:

Yeah…it’s like 10 days dude. You’ve waited this long - just wait the rest of it as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently downloaded and installed a Windows 10 Insider Preview 14393 update, had to restart my system multiple times. Gonna see now if I can use my Razer Atrox Arcade Stick in SFV. Be right back…

Edit: So the Arcade Stick only works in the Xbox Accessories app, doesn’t function at all in Street Fighter V or Killer Instinct.

1 Like

I’ll wait until it actually drops on the 2nd.

Edit: @rukizzel is it still confirmed to be on the 2nd?

@rukizzel is the update still confirmed to have the stick support on the 2nd?

A quick image search for “eat crow” yields the following result pretty high on the list.

I am about ready to eat crow, and receive the disdain of this entire thread for the time being.

Xbox One fight stick support on Windows 10 will indeed be rolling out with the Anniversary Update that comes Tuesday, August 2nd, but there is something more that Killer Instinct - the game - will have to implement in order to make things work properly.

I’ll save you the details, but I got a nice developer-detail-filled email about it not too long ago, and the gist of the statement was “not quite yet.”

No, there is no set date, but we are mighty close. Grab your pitchforks. I’m ready.

In all seriousness, hate to break that news, but wanted to make sure we did so before Tuesday! Apologies that our signals got crossed during both the panel and my tweet not long after! I know you’re all excited, and so are we.

…(insert your favorite phrase about waiting for news/information here)…

-Rukari

2 Likes