Wulf, from Thunder's perspective

Shadow Call of the Earth is still probably the best 1-bar Shadow move in the game. It’s basically a midscreen unblockable jab that will do 20% plus a juggle and/or another mixup.

Weren’t you the guy that insisted that you could routinely break manuals with your superhuman reaction time?

2 Likes

yes it is…lol

"Don’t take offense. This is just a healthy debate lol. I’m not insulting you. You’re telling me that you aren’t able to break manuals or lights without guessing because of your own personal reasons. I’m telling you I can break them because of mine… it’s not about being right or wrong. . . It’s a matter of “can & can’t”.

1 Like

I never insinuated that I had super human reaction time. However, I did state that I’m able to see many of the characters manuals to break them, This definitely excludes light manuals. I can actually see many of the mediums heavy manuals (not all of them) some are easier than others, it varies by character. For example, Spinal telegraphs well with his manuals, super easy to see. In that thread my argument was I don’t just commonly up & guess break, like I see a lot of players do. I annoys me. . but its okay, I’ve accepted that it’s just apart of the game. At least s3 changes have compensated for that.

Aside from that, I’ve never been able to catch Wulf on his linkers, i.e., leaping slash linker has two hits for it’s heavy in s2 right? . . I always ■■■■■ up & hit mediums because I associate 2 hits with the Medium break. Same with his hamstring. Don’t both linkers for light and medium carry over with 1 hit in s2? In season 3 they actually gave him 1 hit for his light linkers, 2 hits for his mediums, & 3 hits for his heavies. That enables him to telegraph. It’s less confusing, which is why they made the change. People were excited about this one.

I mean, if you’re up for it. . . we can test the theory. ft5? :slightly_smiling:

test what theory? Manuals being broken with super human reaction speed?Or… Wulf vs Thunder?
I dont think you want any of my manuals knocking the face paint off thunders big head!

That’s a direct quote from you (to me IIRC). It’s not his theory, it’s yours.

I don’t think that it was corner only. I believe Keits had Steve went into the corner to display other moves. After the stagger stuff, then went right into Wulf’s run speed & travel distance of his low mix up. I guess we’ll find out when s3 comes. Now that whiffed dp is gone it’s going to be a little harder to land it raw. We’ll see how it unfolds. I kind of think I’ll end up siding with you if plays out the way you explained it. You made some pretty good points.

It seems we have a bit of a forum tribe here, I like it :smirk: I’m aware of where the quote comes from. Thanks for making it clear though. Eh, what can I say. . .I spending a fair amount of time in CBB lab.

I figured I’d get a passive aggressive response like that. It doesn’t answer my question though. The invitation stands. :alien:

ha ha…and Ft5 proves what? that you can break manuals on reaction? Or that you have to guess to break Wulfy? Passive aggressive ids you challenging someone to Ft5 because they dont agree with your statement

Find me on XBlive and invite me tonight. If i had an Xbox in my office i would gladly FT5 you right now lol

No tribe, just some people disagreeing with you. The beauty of a public forum like this is people can discuss matters like this.

3 Likes

Ok, so please correct me if im wrong…but how can you do a light jumping slash linker or a medium hamstring linker? Wont it just trigger the other move respectively?

Cant you only do med and hvy/ light and heavy? So doesnt that make the guess work 50/50?

Yeah there is no light/medium version of leaping slash/hamstring. I like the change where it is normalised, but I imagine Wulf players won’t (although Orchid’s are probably not overly sympathetic to this since it is what they had to deal with anyway). Wulf’s combos will be a bit easier to break in general now since his fast, hard to break linkers have been removed (and ragged edge is also fairly slow).

Doesn’t hvy hit 2x and the med/light hit 1x? So now they will hit 3x for hvy and 2x for non heavy?

1 Like

Yeah that’s right.

1 Like

So I wonder why the OP was having such a hard time breaking and having to guess? Seems like the guess work is 50/50? I know I learned a lot about breaking wulf just within this thread today.

So normalizing just means it will be the same number of hits as the rest of the cast within said strength. Therefor your brain doesnt think medium when its really a heavy linker. hmmmmm …interesting.

2 Likes

This thread is too funny :laughing:

All I got from this was that Sabrewulf is too hard to break and some other stuff doesn’t work > The Great @Infilament proves you wrong > You disagree because you posted this thread immediately ready to disregard any opinion from others > @FallofSeraphs76 adds more disagreement towards your post > OP threatens to ensue violence, in the art of KI.

So, if you disagree, I shall beat my opinion into you lol

I love this community.

3 Likes

I never said a ft5 would prove anything. If I am testing my own theory, then I am doing so for myself, & my own satisfaction. I definitely wouldn’t be aiming to prove anything to anyone else. Theres no reward in that. After all, this is a fighting game, & modern technology allows us to connect with other fighting game enthusiasts, so that we may part take in friendly competition. Right or wrong? If I’m available this evening I’d definitely like to get some matches in. I could use some good wolf practice. So if you were under the impression that I was looking to impose my will on you by attempting to beat you in the game, then I apologize. It wasn’t supposed to come off that way. I just like friendly competition.

I’m not tripping about other enthusiasts disagreeing with me. Disagreeing is fine. It’s apart of being in the community. We’re all learning right? I’m specifically speaking on mechanics of Season 3 & how I think Wulf is going to balance out nicely with his new changes in accordance to the system mechanics. The notion that I’m challenging a fellow enthusiast to friendly bout doesn’t mean that I’m seeking to impose my will/opinion on him “In the art of KI” . . That would be a rather boisterous, & ignorant statement. I think you just read too deep into it my friend.

But I dont play Wulf very well…I have been getting him to LVL 50 as I only have 6 more to go to LVL 50…but I main OMEN.
Hit me up anyway

1 Like