Would you pay into a community fund for the 5 missing character stages?

I’m not a fan of Arbiter getting a stage. I don’t think guest characters should. Stages are a huge part of a charcter in this game more than most other fighters.

I’m bummed we’re not getting a sweet vampire stage for Mira now.

I would be willing to buy one as DLC though.

1 Like

I only said no because I’m on a budget right now. Otherwise yes.

Yeah, I’m ok wth that. The only one I don’t know about is rash, mainly as he doesn’t have many locations that could be used. We couldn’t use the ship, as he (presumably) rappels from there into the portal, and the turbo tunnel isn’t a very interesting location, regardless of its infamy.

IF we get a gears of war character I’d love to see another battle stage between the COG and locust. Mira could have a creepy gothic church of graveyard, gargos, could be within or overlooking his palace.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.

Nice try, but really, no.

-xSkeletalx

1 Like

Lol… I see what you did there…

1 Like

Geez, you’re talking about likely over a millions dollars worth of content for a community fund that is predominantly going to be put aside for tournament pots. That’s insane and won’t happen.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do Eyedol for the community fund. It’d obviously be a lot more work than Shago was, but it’s in the ballpark of feasible, it’s something that casuals have enough of a feverish desire for, and they could probably push for a higher target like $250k with it.

1 Like

We don’t need anymore stages.
It’s like MVC3, no matter how many characters are in the game people still play with the same 3 teams and the same can be said for stages in fighting games.

If they ever do bonus stages or something like that fine but wasting time, money, and resources on another 10 stages for people to continue to play on Aganos and Thunder stage is a waste.

For some reason I feel the conversation pre-mid season 2 would have went something like “wasting time, money, and resources on another 10 stages for people to continue to play on Thunder’s stage is a waste.”

…heck, imagine if the wasting time & resources on options argument went as far back as Street Fighter 2…"We had 2 good playable characters in SF1, anything more than that would be a waste of time & resources.

Options…more is always better than less.

why we have to pay for something that was part of the legacy of Killer Insintct te reason they say was remove… that they have something else … i dont see it yet ?

[quote=“CrazyLCD, post:86, topic:6730, full:true”]
In my opinion we don’t need anymore stages.[/quote]Fixed that for you friend, don’t speak on behalf of all of us.

6 Likes

That was never my intention, however what is the reasoning for you wanting more stages other than just to want more stages? What benefit does adding more stages add to the game as a whole?

I ask that question because no one ever seems to look at it from both sides, the other side being the developers point of view when deciding on potential content… and is a stage really content? Especially if you’re the type of player who just doesn’t give a crap what stage he plays on and just picks random select every time (I know tons of those types of players btw).

If you were the manager of a store and had to order product( game content) every month, you’re obviously going to buy what you need and not what you want. Why spend X amount of money on Y when I already know from previous months that we only sold this amount of Y.

The same thing applies here. I’m sure it’s safe to assume that MS has data on all this kinds of stuff like how many times each stage is played on in any given day, and while I don’t have the information in front of me you can bet darn sure that Thunder and Agano’s stage are at the top of that list.

So I ask you Crimson, if you had to choose, would you rather MS spend $20,000 on a new stage that may or may not get used, or spend that $20,000 developing a character or a game mode that will see use every single day?

2 Likes
  1. This is what we have been given for two years, KI characters have ALWAYS had stages to accompany them.

2. They are BEAUTIFUL works of art and a valued part of each released character release obviously.

3. Stages, music and characters all fit together to make one seamless package so cutting out 1/3 of that makes the characters feel dumbed down.

4. A la carte characters have always come with a character/stage removing them devalues said packs.

5. The “benefit” would be obvious, more fantastic character stages and less complaints that they took our stages.

The fact you have to ask is perplexing to me, I would choose stages and I’ll tell you why. Because taking away content that people expect is not excused by adding in things that we didn’t need in the first place. We always get characters and stages, we didn’t need relighting or more pointless modes that we’ll use once and never touch again like Shadows. :\

4 Likes

Nothing is set in stone forever, things change. Having a stage for every character would mean eventually there could be upwards of 40 stages in the game if they continued seasons…isn’t that kind of dumb? I’m pretty sure my character functions exactly the same whether they have a custom stage or not. If your main is Glacius then do you always play on Glacius’ stage? Probably not, I would say you play on that stage less than 5% of your matches.

The “benefit” would be obvious, more fantastic character stages and less complaints that they took our stages.

Your answer of “less complaints that they took our stages” is not a valid one; you can’t take away what doesn’t exist. Did Double Helix or Iron Galaxy every strictly say we will ALWAYS give new characters their own stage? Then no, they don’t have to commit to that model forever.

A la carte characters have always come with a character/stage removing them devalues said packs.

Stages have never been part of any so called packs. They simply just existed because the character did. The only exception to that was Shadow Jago whos stage had to be unlocked by beating him in Arcade mode.

They are BEAUTIFUL works of art and a valued part of each released character release obviously.

Yes stages are pretty, but again, there was never any commitment beforehand to do this.

Also you never answered my question. Is a stage actually content? Does a stage influence my gameplay whatsoever?

Yes, stages are content. They’re one of the most requested forms of content, people beg for rooftop stages, retro stages, sky stages, people LOVE stages so taking away their stages understandably upsets them. Not everything in a game is related to gameplay, would you be okay if they stripped the UI down to a black and white screen with zero visuals and only text? I mean “Does the UI influence gamplay”? Trying to say that stages aren’t that important to how the game is played is a pointless position, the reason we can’t play on the training stage is because the developers wanted the game to be played in its full glory, for their beautiful stages and not on a bland black backdrop. Stages are a part of KI and cutting them out of the equation is pissing off a lot of users. It doesn’t matter how “gameplay” focused you are, regardless.

Thanks for the input, everyone has opinions and I happen to strongly disagree with yours.

4 Likes

If we get more stages awesome. If not…I’m fine. I’m content with what I have. I’d like to see more story stuff though.

1 Like

I would settle for just mira and any other lore characters getting stages. I like rash a lot and I love BattleToads but guests don’t need stages, characters whom stories need to be told in the KI-verse NEED stages. If we go that route we’re talking 2-3 more stages which might be more reasonable.

I could settle with that, guests don’t NEED stages.

1 Like

Indeed, though I wish they didn’t cut back on stages, maybe then we’d be talking about funding retro stages. I’m still a little disappointed that shago didn’t at least get accessories when they updated him.

2 Likes

Just give them stage variations like other games. Saves resources and both sides are happy.
I play on all the stages because each one sets a mood.
Guests do not need a stage. Arbiter got one because they’re trying to woo the halo crowd.
So community fund for redone stages and I’m set ta.

Although it’s not a KI exclusivity, the game is known for it’s care about giving each character a stage. It’s a signature, a tradition. Removing that is putting KI in any other fighting game status when it comes to this feature, instead of proudly saying “hey, do you know Killer Instinct, yes, that game with an announcer, awesome combos and where every character fights in their awesome own stage.”

3 Likes

Some things need to be broken. Like rules, those were made to be broken.