World of Tanks

Warframe changed a lot over a year or two.

1 Like

I know, I’ve kept with the updates.

1 Like

Despite the fascination I had for Tokio Wars (at the arcades long time ago) or my favourite “Battle City” when I was a child, I didn’t become a fan of WoT. The game looked pretty nice, it’s just it didn’t caught me.

WoT has it’s own very particular pace. Its built around slow and methodically mounting tension followed by moments of absolute panic. Coupled with the somewhat wonky controls and the fact that it’s a “one and done” style game (meaning if you are killed it’s game over) I can definitely see where it just wouldn’t click with everyone. But I like it.

1 Like

That was a really fun game with the best commercial EVER!!!

1 Like

Actually, I hate Warframe - not a fan of its style or premise.

I imagine it’s a lot better on Xbox than iPad - HD graphics FTW!

Tried it on Xbox and it ate up way too much space and loaded too slowly

It’s 40GB. That’s not too bad. Load times are only occasionally slow during startup, usually to load high resolution textures (worth the wait).

WoT feels too clunky for me.

It’s not alot, I know. But when your hard drive is running low and I don’t have the money for an external hard drive.

Clunky? How? Also, they’re tanks!

EHDs are cheaper than ever! I bought a 2TB for $75, and that was 2 years ago!

The controls. The first match while it was still in progress mainly involved me crashing and getting stuck. Movement doesn’t feel natural. It’s the movement. Halo 5’s Scorpion movement for example feels a lot better.

Thanks for thinking of me. I have it installed, and play it. I have always been a fan of tanks. I would be interested in playing in a group.

I’m surprised to hear this. I find it to be pretty straightforward, and almost exactly like the Scorpion tank in Halo.

Up = drive forward
Down = drive in reverse (switches left/right; dependent on camera direction)
Left = turn left
Right = turn right
Dpad up = cruise control forward (control config. #2)
Dpad down = CC in reverse control config. 2)
Right stick = turret rotation and camera

That’s pretty much all you need to dive the tanks.

Here is the thing. A Scorpion, you can rotate your turret 180 degrees, press up and you will go in the direction the turret is facing. Feels more natural than the controls in WoT. Btw download isn’t %100

Yeah, WoT has “clunky” movement controls for sure. It’s deliberate to give you a sense that you are piloting a multiton diesel war machine rather than gliding around in a space ship. You are expected to spend a little time learning to drive the things and shoot them. You get used to it pretty quickly and the fact that you can’t just shuck and dive (and double jump for no reason) is one of the things that separates the game from a FPS.

Most turrets in WoT have 360d rotation, and the fact that the movement is largely independent of the turret is actually better in terms of control.

Starting a platoon right now if anyone is interested. Already got 3 out a 5. Spaces are limited! Join now, for a good time!