Women (and men but mostly...) in KI

“It’s like I’m wearing nothing at all! Nothing at all! NOTHING AT ALL!!”

“AHHHH! Stupid sexy Aganos!”

1 Like

Pretty much this.

On a personal note: Orchid should be (and she is!) the female sex appeal of this game. Not too much “naked or sexy”, but enough sweet to be.
The KI2 costume would be a too much for it. Maybe that’s why KI1 retro comes out.
But that latex costume (with accesories) made her so… <3.

For Aria, she is the most stylish female robot ever (her walkstep is so…sexy, like a Valkyrie).
And for Riptor…I just to compare it to Bloody Roar… :smiley:

Yeah it’s pretty noticeable that they edited her to fit the KI1 bodysuit but they should’ve changed the boots too if they were going to do that, kind of dumb that they only did it for one color.

Rash killed him and ripped his head off. It was context sensitive at the time.

1 Like

I think the female characters in KI are pretty well designed both from a gameplay and a character standpoint. They look unique, and even if they have a sexy for beautiful look to them that aspect of their character isn’t as important as the rest of them. They all have attire to fit their character, be it robes, body armor, military hardware, or even just scaly skin. They’ve all got their own goals (vengeance, flushing out Ultratech, world domination, food, etc) and they all seem capable of reaching their goals of their own volition. Not only that, but they all seem to be really powerful characters in game, with some of them reaching for top tier status.
To top it off, their personalities come of in both their visuals and their gameplay, which is pretty great.

On the bit about weapons:
Thinking about it, apart from TJ aren’t all of the human fighters wielding a weapon of some sort? I don’t think it’s necessarily limited to the women. :stuck_out_tongue:
Most of the characters who don’t use conventional weaponry have some sort of natural/monstrous weapons (i.e. Teeth and Claws), magical abilities, or cybernetic augmentations to make up for their lack of handheld tools.

In summary though, yeah, I like the girls in KI. Even if there are some I play more than others, they all have designs that are unique and powerful. Of course, this is the same of all the male characters as well. I tend to think that KI’s cast is absolutely awesome all around. Whether they be male or female, human or monster, alive or dead, modern or magical… I like 'em all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

citation needed

Depends on what you consider Sadira’s bracers.

Sadira also throws kunai, which are definitely weapons. :stuck_out_tongue:
She’s also got her web based magical abilities, so she falls under the magic user category as well.

CrazyLCD mentioned it in one of his videos.

I am all for toning down the “sexiness” of female video game characters in attempt to be more inclusive for female gamers. Women in games having big breasts and large a**** that hang out do not bother me one bit, but I have a young little sister, and she enjoys playing video games when I am visiting. So I really like the idea of her being able to see (and play as) female characters in video games that aren’t all there for sex appeal or overly sexy/showy as if it’s the only thing women have to offer while the males get to be super strong awesome badasses.

That’s not to say they can’t have characters like that or that ill be offended or upset by it, but I think it awesome to have some sort of balance of both. MKX and KI have done a great job of this IMO.

I just want Jago shorts and more revealing clothing for Thunder and upcoming males

Even the playing field

The thing with this is why? The playing field is already even. Like I don’t see a point in creating revealing costumes justified by an attempt to fix a problem that doesn’t exist.

Edit in case someone misunderstand me:
I’m not saying there should never be clothes that show skin or whatever. I remember I was one if the people who really liked the thought of a summer beach clothes set for the cast. The thought of seeing jago or orchid dressed for casual fun times in the sun appealed to me and contrasted the dark and wild gameplay.

Like for example jago shirtless with shorts on and a wet pool noodle for a sword. Or for orchid could wear sunglasses, a top around the same size as her normal top, shorts with a towel wrapped around her waist.

What I’m trying to say is that while there is nothing wrong with revealing clothes, just don’t do it for nothing more than to see kan ra or thunder in a speedo. At least that’s how I see it. It’s just like violence, senseless violence is a sign of stupidity however violence with a cause is an justifiable ends to a means.

I’m not anti-skin infact I’m a very pro-nude person and honestly there’s nothing wrong with having sexual feelings. Though It’s still upsetting that people are equating skin to sex in every possible way.

it’s obvious that Jago, Thunder, and Tusk isn’t intended to be"fan service" why label them as such.

I don’t mind if characters showing skin, however I am opposed to painfully blatant fetishism.

1 Like

It gets even worse than equating skin with sex. Did you hear about the blizzard debacle? They are removing a 5 second animation end game pose from a character called tracer in overwatch. Just because some dude is “offended” and ranted on it on the forums. It’s not just one side of the fence that can get annoying it’s both

1 Like

This is a picture of that particular pose

Keep in mind she is ■■■■■■■ 26 years old and blizzard the giant corporation is kneeling to this idiot

1 Like

Whauw, really?
People get so easily offended these days… Oversensitive b#tches.

1 Like

It’s so surprising too. Blizzard should know better. Hell ANYONE would know better than to listen to a guy that uses this as his argument

1 Like

That’s too funny. XD
He basically called her retarded. That’s not cool.

who haven’t seen a butt before.

1 Like

About what’s going on with Overwatch…I don’t know what to think, I’m someone who can separate fantasy from reality. I Grew up watching loony tunes, Tex Avery cartoons, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the shell (1995 the best one) all those great “Japanimation”. It never affected me in any negative way ( maybe that’s just me), if you didn’t like the artist(creator) vision you just move on to something else. But this new generation is so fragile, everything should be cater to their liking. And I don’t understand this juxtaposition of morality that shooting and violence is fine as long as there’s not “sexiness”?. It’s funny that this new cyber bully is just as bad as close-to-extremist-religious people that people used to hate because they were oppressing freedom of who they are.

Then Blizzard needs to grow a pair and tell him and everyone else like him to grow up and quite acting like a baby.

1 Like