Will there be an option to toggle between old shadow move effects and the new shadow move effects?

:joy: Keep at it with the humor, these kinds of interactions are why I like the devs here.

Also, thank you for the clarification. It clears up a lot of possible rubbish speculation that would continue endlessly.

Really? I must have been watching on crappy quality then. Even more excited to have it in my hands on Wednesday.

yeah, cuz “only” 20 stages are soooo few

it doesnt matter what the overall number of stages is

it matters that everyone had their own stage

I always thought that every character in a fighting game should have their own stage, it adds more to their story and personality, and you get to challenge them on their turf

I was so happy KI did this because not many fighting games do this anymore, it added a lot to the game for me, plus all the stages were phenomenal. Thats what I was looking forward to most in S3 were all the new stages, I assumed every character would have their own stage as that was the precedent for season1 and 2, so not sure why its changed now. Sure they have lots of stages already (other fighting games have had more than 20 though so its not some unheard of feat of designing) but the fact of the matter is not everyone is going to have their own stage now, that takes away from the characters, especially new characters being introduced that could use that extra history behind them

also imagine the possibilities they could of done for Rash’s stage, could of been retro style and epic

so for me its not a matter of quantity, its a matter of everyone getting their representation and being fleshed out

hopefully they can add more stages in the season, or maybe a future crowd funding thing can be done, I always bragged to my MK and SF buddies (I was an MK fan boy before KI converted me) about how awesome fighting games are when every character has their own stage, guess im going to eat my words now

I’m not saying it wasn’t a special feature of KI, still I think there is a reason for that. If those resources were used to do the PC port properly, than I’m more than happy to give up 5 stages in favor of a potentially much bigger community:)

Btw, I too loved the “every character has its own stage” for the very same reasons:)

I understand its important for the community to grow so PC port is a very good thing, I just wish it wasnt at the expense of the new characters losing some potential to be truly fleshed out like the rest of the cast with their own stages :frowning: there is no reason why stages couldnt be added later in the season since the PC port will be done by then. I was also hoping they would maybe include some new game modes or tag team or something to compensate for the 5 missing stages, if they were cut just for the PC port that kinda sucks for the people that have been playing loyally on X1

I know a lot of people dont agree but to me everyone having their own stage is what makes a good fighting game great, the mechanics in KI are already stellar, so they got the gameplay down, I just wish they continued the tradition of characters getting their own stages, would of really elevated the experience for me and im sure a lot of others too

Let’s stay on topic, please. Plenty of threads to discuss stages and such.

sorry:)

You can say Season 3 devs are fans of

(puts sunglasses)

Deep purple.

YEEAAHHHHHHHH

3 Likes

Also, I want to be able to switch in-game between KI and Popcap’s Peggle, so when I am being air comboed I can have a

juggle peggle toggle

Yes I’ll be here all day, thanks.

1 Like

Plz let us toggle shadow colors. Gray shadows would be awesome!

:sob:

Shadow energy is purple according to the lore, I don’t think they’ll be changing it.

so they are definitely going to be purple ??

Yup.

The more I see them, the more I like the new effects - even though I’m not a huge purple fan.

I’m glad that there are still people like me who like the old shadow more than the new one.
I mean the new shadow doesn’t look bad, they’re good looking, but the old one was way cooler than the new one.
Like I said in a topic I made, there is overall too much purple in season 3 !

1 Like

The new purple theme reminds me the classic KI from the arcades, i love it!

IG please! The old shadow effects were perfect why you’ve changed it?

I really hope you guys gave us more colors to apply on shadow effects after the next community fund.

2 Likes