Will there be an option to toggle between old shadow move effects and the new shadow move effects?

I disagree while the original shadows are awesome the new ones are just as awesome(if not more). The purple shadow has that trailing shadow like “ink in water” effect that I hoped they would use and without the after image the focus is specifically on the charecters instead of some of the very bright VFX heavy shadow moves that shine bright enough to take away from how the move itself looks.

1 Like

I don’t get why they tweak things that don’t need tweaking, just bring normal shadows back or give a toggle for us, IG brought this issue unto themselves.

2 Likes

Purple moves are part of the story like the new level 4 enders are.

“CAN WE KEEP THE OLD ONE BECAUSE THE NEW ONE IS BAD” is becoming a disturbingly common reaction to a lot of the Season 3 content. People should appreciate that they get any voice at all in the development of KI.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that the players who like the changes will normally check out of arguments because there’s no winning in those. So its just a vocal minority you’re seeing on the forums. Its increased lately, but I’ve stopped reading all the posts like I used to so it makes it easier on my brain.

No toggle, sorry. The old effect is gone.

11 Likes

bummer

Progress. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they said the Whole purple theme, meter and shadow effect has been done to match season 3 lore. There’s is a reason for it, it wouldn’t make sense to swtich it back.

1 Like

can you guys explain the lore behind it being purple?

A love the new one btw:)

So tired of seeing people request toggles for everything that gets changed in this game.

1 Like

And that’s why you don’t use Shift + Delete, folks.

What a shame, there is purple everywhere in this game, shadow meters, shadow effects, Gargos will be purple I assume, the whole goddamn menu and character select screen is purple say for some tint of green. Were you guys listening to Prince during the creation of Season 3? You seriously don’t see how over-saturated that makes it color palette wise?

1 Like

I am glad, although I prefer the old shadows until I see the new ones on my TV I still like the new ones as well. My only critique is I wish there was atleast a small degree of an afterimage like the old ones I think the best part of shadow moves were the afterimages.

Either way excited for S3 everything is great aside from the level 4 enders nothing else needs changing right now. :smile: keep up the great work everyone @IG

No, we don’t. And Purple Rain was on constant repeat in both the Microsoft and IG offices throughout the project. We wrote it into the contracts.

There is, it’s just more subtle now. It’s hard to see well on the streams.

5 Likes

I actually saw it quite clearly on stream:) looks gldk

1 Like

Oh ok, that is great then! Can’t wait to see it in person! Now I am even more excited.

Everyone here is requesting toggles and here I am just wanting the game to come out earlier lol!

Dear IG:

Your userbase hates change. Please don’t change or add anything to the game unless you also include a toggle to revert it back or turn it off. KI players are very sensitive and you need to really consider how harmful changes and new things are to the safe spaces of KI players. If you ever upgrade the engine or resolution, please also, make certain to include the option to toggle “2016” graphics, because otherwise some players may panic and make inane threads like this.

Edit: Also, please be more wary of showing us things early. Some players may panic and misinterpret stream quality for how it plays. Your players are very sensitive.

1 Like

Oh good to know. I thought it was just me. It was subtle but somewhat noticeable.

this news kinda sucks for me, but thank you @TempusChaoti for confirming either way, this is still my favorite fighting game :slight_smile:

new shadow move visuals arent nearly as devastating to me as only having 3 new stages anyway…