Will Season 3 bring us the original Orchid's face concept shown here?

I find this picture has a much more detailed face. In game face looks either lower-res, lower-polycount or bad lightning

Really wish the KI2 character costumes came back granted most of them look the same as KI1

I have spoken about an Orchidā€™s face redesign. If you want the same, please tell the KI official account about it :smile:

https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct

1 Like

Omen should get add some cool armor.

Orchid looks godlike in that render!

1 Like

How is her face a design decision but her body an error?

Both were design decisions.

What? I have no idea what you just asked.

Read it again. Orchidā€™s hot body was not a design error. Itā€™s very, very, very clear what the people who designed her and Sadira were going for, and they nailed it.

I have seen real life women with that kind of body.

I was talking about her face.

I see where you are coming from: Orchidā€™s face really looks like 1994 Orchid. They were careful to make her look like itā€™s the same ā€œpersonā€ from 20 years ago. Itā€™s a design decision I can understand.

But, since the rest of her outfit has been updated and thereā€™s very little left from her original design, Iā€™d like her face to look more detailed and pretty, like the OPā€™s render.

In the way of mimicking her face to look like the old one, the end result is a face without eyebrows, not very detailed nose, flat lips.

Amusingly, thereā€™s some HD in-game shots (see my profile pic of her) where she looks really good, almost like in the render. Sadly she does not look like that when you are playing her.

You realise that original image is a 3D turn around of her actual model as it is in game right now just in the default T pose that makes her ideal for rigging. So no woke would be done if thatā€™s what your requesting.

itā€™s not, the face has been downscaled.

That render seems a bit more polished and the face is slightly different looking. Letā€™s hope IG has some surprises regarding certain Season 1 characters getting some visual tweaks. I would enjoy to see their touches on DHā€™s work. Unless they want to preserve it. Could go either way. :grimacing:

And obviously Iā€™d like her to have better hair ofc

The only thing that can be down scaled is the texture resolution the actual 3D character mesh is the same. In regards to her face something must have gone slightly wrong during the skinning phase of her development.

Skinning is the process of attaching the character mesh/3D model to the rig/ Skeleton to be able to animate her.

Just giving you that I do incase you didnā€™t know not trying to sound patronising in any way

1 Like

itā€™s a possibility indeed. I hope in S3 something can be done about whatever the issue was.

New Face? Hmm. I guess. Idk. Iā€™m not too worried.

I wouldnā€™t believe anything til I see it anymore after Ultimates were promised for Season 2 towards the end of Season 1.

rezzing this thread so @Beterthnyu watches it and remembers to fix Orchidā€™s default face

After looking at the original pic at the top again, Iā€™d have to say that yeah, that face would look great on Orchid. Itā€™d also be nice to see her get the hair upgrade as shown in Lu717ā€™s post later in the thread (the middle picture with the short cropped hair for her retro).