Why we don't have successful Omen players at championships? Does Omen really needs buffs?

If they combo the sweep after the wall splat, then you’re eating the sweep regardless (though you could break it if you wanted to gamble on a heavy breaker). But yes, using this OS will allow you both throw tech and defend against any reset attempts that hit after you’ve returned to neutral. If they throw you get a throw tech, and if they do nothing then you get nothing.

The OS window is pretty quick after your character’s back touches the wall, so you are probably teching too late. It’s literally wall splat bounce->throw input->wait->see what happens.

1 Like

Ok … that makes sense. But why would the sweep hit and not get defended? Whats the difference between the sweep and a non throw reset? The sweep comes out so early that you are still in the stagger state?

The sweep is treated as a heavy manual after a wall splat, so you’re still in the combo system. The only defense you have is to attempt to break it.

But for someone to attempt to reset you, you have a chance to defend in some way. That’s why things like holding up vs a Hisako that tries to command grab reset you is a thing.

Ok, is there any other normal’s that are equivalent to the sweep? Or will only specials fall out of the combo system? What am I missing here? All attack attempts after the wall splat seem the same to me.

Im not certain i understand what you mean by ‘equivalent to the sweep.’ Can you tell me more on what you mean by that? Or give an example of a situation?

whats the difference in a sweep attack not being OS-able or a standing HP or MP or any normal attack or a special attack?

All the sweep is , is a down HK, …so standing HP or MP wouldnt be any different …correct?

But Throw and reset is OS-able. So whats defines " reset".
I understand the throw part of the wall spat OS…but where is the line drawn for “reset”

A reset is simply making your opponent go back to neutral before you hit them (“resetting” the combo counter). If you combo into sweep (or any other normal) after a wall splat, it’s not a reset, and the opponent is guaranteed to get hit and must combo break if they want out. If you wait a bit after the wall splat, such that they return to neutral, then you’ve reset them.

Resetting into a sweep is a bad idea (because sweeps are unsafe on block and you gain no real reward for hitting the sweep in neutral vs just ending your combo with it), but resetting into overhead, for example, is a great idea because it’s hard to block and you will get the first hit damage bonus.

1 Like

Correct. They all can either still continue a a combo or blow it out depending on if the KV meter after the wall splat is below or above 100 respectively. Shadows are different since they do not apply KV to a combo.

1 Like

Ahh…so basically you must wait for the wall splat stagger animation to end in order to “reset” with any hit confirm, opener, grab, ect to start a new combo.
Other wise the KV meter will blow out.

So back to the Option select. If I do what Storm suggested above by mashing tech throw and down back block at the same time… I will tech the throw OR block the low/medium attack reset?

Pretty much.

I don’t know if mashing the tech works, honestly. Regardless, it’ll depend on your opponent’s action. If they throw, you’re safe. If they go low, you’re still safe. If they, in this scenario, go overhead, you’re hit.

Gotcha… so the only part you need to guess on is if the go low or overhead. Im anxious to try this out because yesterday I kept getting hit by Riptor and Glaicius wall splats and they would mix up the throw and lows after the splat.
I could never tech the throw which was frustrating…because I knew it was coming and i was hitting tech but they would grab me anyway. Apparently I was too late with my tech.

Thanks everyone!

Eh…not quite. In this OS, you pressing LP+LK comes WAY before your hypothetical block. As I said above, it’s more along the lines of

wall splat bounce->LP+LK ->wait->see what happens

You’re just kinda holding down+back throughout the whole ordeal. The throw tech input doesn’t care about what your joystick is doing, so the important part is just getting your timing for the throw. Again, press LP+LK immediately after your character’s back comes off the wall after the splat - it’s well before you can move again, and well before the opponent’s throw.

1 Like

My english is not that good and some terms I don’t understand yet. OS = Option Selectable? If I understood this conversation, you guys are saying that after a wall splat I can input LP+LK (throw) to escape a throw? Also, a hit after a wall splat can be breaked? It’s a powerful tool for defense. I think my worst MU is against Rash. No one is so annoying to me as him (Shago is close with his weird teleports, sometimes I don’t know what side I must block :sweat:), and Rash players tend to use these wall splat combos a lot.

1 Like

OS stands for Option Select, which is described above. There are other threads on the topic on the forums as well, so if you do a search for the term you should find some helpful information.

And yes, that’s what I’m saying. But even apart from the OS described above, any techable throw can be teched after a wall splat, and any hit that combos off of one can be broken.

Rash in the corner is extremely scary. Best thing you can do is try your best to keep from putting you there in the first place.

1 Like

LETS F****ING GOOOOOOOO!!!

6 Likes

It’s about time.

Let’s create some new tech for these new colors!

1 Like

So where are the colors? i don’t see them.

1 Like

In the Astral Plane, obviously. We’ve waiting what? 2.5 years, what’s a few more hours or days I suppose…

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I’ve never tried to re-color shadow energy incarnate, but it’s obviously tremendously difficult :wink: