Why this Damage?

umm what?

What I loved about playing glacius was that he can zone and rushdown and has hail, which is great for defense.

2 Likes

I am getting cancer from this thread.

So many damages, dear Lord such damages.

Sometimes I thank God for the fact that the people at IG donā€™t listen to everything the fans want.

2 Likes

i know right they only talk about the damage nothing else

2 Likes

This would be awful. Faster and blockable would be like Gargosā€™s portal punch - but with only the low version available. You know how much people love Gargosā€™s portal punches. As it is people are always holding up to avoid shatter. If it was faster they would be jumping constantly. Unless there was hail out in which case everyone just blocks. Shatter is fine.

If people really have a problem with Glacius and his damage output the best thing to do would be take away his newly found invincibility in h.Puddle Punchā€¦ The reason being he used to have to use shadow Puddle Punch for a true invincible reversal which gave him reason to hold on to his meter. Now he can save all his meter for damage in lockout.

a good character = good player + good tools in the character + damages just like in S2

people played this game more conscienciously than in s3.

S3 is all about top tier en MU

is give these people a mirror so it would be free damaga vs free damage and could the best or most lucky win

Iā€™m LMFAO at the idea that the best and only matchup against Glacius is another Glacius. But sure, knock yourselves out.

3 Likes

I find this thread highly amusing

1 Like

Ah yes, S2 Kan-Ra and Sadiraā€¦ two characters that really cared what the opponent was doing. I remember that too.

I think you would be surprised at Glaciusā€™s damage compared to everyone else. Go check out my counter breaker numbers on my site; there are many characters that get as high as Glacius does (and some of them might surprise you, like Spinal). If you nerf Glacius, do you nerf everyone else who can also do this damage?

S3 (not counting Mira) has LESS damage than S2. I know this, because I had to redo all the counter breaker combos after S2, and the damage dropped on almost all of them. Shadow enders hurt less across the entire cast. Jago, Wulf, Spinal, Glacius, and others all lost at least 5% on their counter breaker combos.

4 Likes

I just donā€™t know how you can say this. Please look at the variety of characters that showed up at KIWC - a top 32 champions tournament. Look at the character usage in top 8. The idea that S3 is a less balanced game than S2 is justā€¦ not true. And S1 which everyone remembers so fondly was even worse itā€™s just that there were so few characters they pretty much all had to show up.

Now take KI S3 and compare the character usage to any other game. I think this may be the least ā€œtieredā€ fighting game ever.

3 Likes

No, thereā€™s tiers alright but not knowing the MU can really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  you over. Look how Aganos still places well in it despite having a lot of bad matchups

1 Like

mang I just want shadow cold shoulderā€™s damage to be nerfed a bit and I would probably not mind Glacius but an almost 70% 15 hit lockout combo is kinda garbo for a zoner

pls do not kill me is small complaint

1 Like

Lol, I wonā€™t kill you. Certainly small adjustments to Glaciusā€™s damage wouldnā€™t destroy the character and I definitely feel that in-combo cold shoulder on lockout is the best use of his meterbat this point. So you can make the case that itā€™s too good since it keeps Glacius from spending meter in other ways.

But I pulled this quote because people need to stop worrying about the ā€œfor a zonerā€ part of the equation. Glaciusā€™s zoning is low damage and has fewer combo options. Not only that, but itā€™s not straightforward zoning either. There are several more straightforward space control zoners in the game. Glacius is a mid range control character that has setups etc. If you are thinking he is setup as a classic zoner thatā€™s never been the case and, after all what does it matter? The KI character archetypes are clearly not so restricted. Lots of characters have traits that go against the grain of their archetype.