Why this Damage?

Considering I do not beleive in tiers I’m not worried about the fact I’m facing Jago, I’m worried about the player BEHIND HIM. If the Jago player doesn’t have a strategy to fight my Riptor I can destroy them easily. I’ve beatin a few Jago and even Shadow Jago’s before.

Also, with Glay, if I recall correctly, his long range combos (as in only long distance combo, no shoulder linkers into close range combos) dont do a lot of damage.

So from a distance, there might not be a true incentive to break those combos.

But … I could be wrong … Feel free to lab it up and see what I mean. If I lab it up before someone else, I’ll post here.

Well, not so much tiers because I also agree with your sentiment of tier lists, though they do have some fair reasoning. Naturally, Jago vs Glacius is tough just because of Jago’s lack of mobility and now worsened range. Not to say it is unbeatable, but a Glacius who runs constantly has it much easier because I have to chase them down, dodge hails, DP his ranged pokes and try to get in for damage. If I make a wrong read I will lose more health and Glacius will repeat the process.

Zoners have it much easier than Jago now because I cannot just throw out windkick like before without spending meter or throwing out a charged light endo. As for Riptor, that really depends. If they don’t respect me and constantly pressure it’s tough, but they also are at risk at getting within range. Riptor has bad defense, something Jago can easily take advantage of. So really, it depends on who is more aggressive and makes better decisions.

About a month ago I dominated a very good wulf player with glacius, it was crazy. They were winning and all of sudden the tables turned in my favor.

2 Likes

Light puddle punch was never fully invulnerable.

because his creator aka DH knew that damages are a big part of a real character, and if you go back in s2 all the glacius players did not play so yolo cause all the cast has badass damages to quickly take him down, so glacius players was more consciencious. In S3 even myself i use him as yolo cause i now when i open thats just for free cashout hahahahha.anywaylet peoples enjoy him please :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: do you want him to be the next jago? so what?

lol lol seems like everyone like damage ahhahah i switched to glacius since begin S3 and i know exactly that feeling with 70% and mre when lockout"" i feel good"" :grin: Fu** some chip characters, better delete them! :smiley: i just hope that now you feel what most peoples feel about some characters " enjoy the feeling bro[quote=“VladKravich, post:4, topic:20206, full:true”]
When I used to play glacius, I’ve noticed in some occasions that I can take away an opponent’s full life bar in one combo with instinct on, either a combo breaker or counter breaker included and at least 1 shadow bar.
[/quote]

please dont throw my secret tool on here let me enjoy my game :smirk:

why do you complain? you play riptor bro! hes not better than riptor in damages

dont you forget that the wulf doe slightly the same amount of damage :unamused:and nobody complain + hes 1000 time faster than glacius. so leave him alone [quote=“BigBadAndy, post:12, topic:20206”]
No, and Tusk says hi.
[/quote]

IMO all the s3 cast need to be adjusted in damages just not gargos . i hate all these characters :rage:

there the keys is given ! @oTigerSpirit[quote=“VerminatorX, post:15, topic:20206, full:true”]
I ask myself same thing.
[/quote]

you dont have the right to ask yourself that, cause you play tusk “”“please respect yourself and be honest “””

thank you [quote=“LeoFerreis, post:19, topic:20206”]
but those weren’t really used often, much like heavy is the only one you’ll see now because it’s the one that’s currently invulnerable.
[/quote]

true i dont even remember using the medium or light puddle since s3 3.4[quote=“MaruMDQ, post:20, topic:20206”]
Something that’s happening to me against Glacius is…He isn’t that easy to break as I thought
[/quote]

no one character is easy to break"" breaking a combo is just you and yo skill to break them"

yeah it was, i remember when general raam grab me after the krill run i could open him and combo before he continu to hit me

@VladKravich @CVERIMZ @VerminatorX @Skryba
@BigBadAndy @oTigerSpirit @JEFFRON27 @Infilament @iDoMusic4Media @MaruMDQ

i just hope that now everyone are goin to understand the importance to have a good cashout charcters, that force peoples to play properly against other good charcters cause everyone are goin to care about his life bar with more attention.

Remember in S2 even if kan ra was godlike, when he encounter other character played by good pro player that was just a 5-5 for most of the cast. i think the S3 changes forced all these pro player to onlu use top tier characters cause they know the true about a good cashout.

and dont try to fool me, i asked once to rico or even to uabass on stream’’ why i never saw him using low tier characters, the answer was like “” are you kidding me?“” lol i can fully understand this reactions.

THE S2 HAs better players than the S3 S3 many just play yolo . most of the pro players who still are playin in the s3 just use top tier character or really viable characters.

GGS!

No it wasn’t, light puddle punch used to be (I believe) 14 frames of startup, but was invincible only for the first 12. There were 2 completely hittable and throwable frames on light DP from Season 1 all the way to the change a few months ago. They just happened very late into the move, so your meaties would always get beaten by DP unless you had a particular setup that was engineered to hit 12 frames late.

3 Likes

Aw ok i got you, but now if i try the same thing against raam hes goin to grab me then devil stomp me till dead ahhaha. i dont know why it doenst work anymore , i though it was invincible cause i abused for it since s3 begin untill the patch 3.4 or 3.5 then i stopped

Light DP is now hittable on frames 1-3, and then invincible after. Heavy DP is now fully invincible all the way to the hitting frame (there is no part where it is not invincible).

Light DP is actually still pretty good IMO. It can be used to invincible through certain setups and block strings that are not 3 frames tight. If you instinct cancel and see your opponent starting to do something that will not hit 3 frames later, use light DP instead of heavy DP.

1 Like

The only real sin is that shatter is still unblockable. With so many other tools that aid his keep away game( triple iceballs, long limbs, instinct puddle punch cross-ups) does he need an unblockable opener?

1 Like

Shatter would never hit anyone if it was blockable. And if you made it hit faster (but blockable) then it’s just the same as shoulder.

4 Likes

i prefere it to be much faster and blockable. it would change alot the glay gameplay and also in instinct he could gain the ability to move faster like everycharacter, jumps and back dash " only in instinct" the moment when he become a full rushdown. omg i like him so much

But Tusk does not have zoning tools, ridiculously fast over half screen normals and ranged auto doubles. With right timing you can counter hit most of his attacks, in opposition to mr. jump back kick.

Tusk is powerful because he, as a barbarian with giant sword, mid range dominator archetype is designed that way.

Glacius has Tusk-tier damage output because… he’s a zoner?

“”“please respect yourself and be honest “””

Just because Tusk can’t shoot all the way across the screen doesn’t mean he lacks them. Tusk Sword can reach pretty far if you swing yout sword you’re gonna hit enemies at distances closer punches and kicks can’t do. Plus using your sword normals gives you a breif bit of armor so your attack doesn’t get interrupted meaning you can hit Glacius’ icicle kick easily it’s just simple timing.

Tusk I can understand may have trouble getting close but that’s the case where you need to corner Glacius and get him, you can use your sword to hit him once he’s in the proper distance, easier said than done though since it takes quite a bit to swing.

I don’t know about Glacius doing THAT much damage compared to Tusk, because a good sized combo with Tusk (and that’s anywhere to killer or godlike) and you can wipe out the bar within 10 seconds.

Glacius has high damage not because he can zone, it’s because he’s slow. Glacius most capable mobility without instinct is a slow dash move, which he can do nothing while moving, and a jump (which from my experience against fighting a Glacius main over the years, is the most popular tool of mobility) however it’s very floaty and not hard to catch Glacius save for the kick, but even that’s not a real issue once you figure it out.

The kick attack extends Glacius’ hurt-box. So that means that while yes his icicle kick has good range, it increases the size of him as a target and a well timed anti-air or a quick aerial attack (like Cinder’s well timed air-light kick) can knock Glacius out of the sky if he tries to kick you as he moves away,

The simplest key to fighting Glacius is to get in close and stay on him. If you’re worried about DPs you should be patient once you have him on the ground and wait for him to make any attempts to throw you off.

Anti-Glacius strategies are simply get in his face and stay there. It’s not easy with some characters and hey some may not even need to, but for most of these fighters you folks have problems with fighting against Glacius, alot of them already have tools they can use to beat him.

@SonicDolphin117 perhaps you can back me up on this?

I’ll train my Fulgore and Shago better. Forget damage, I’ll become a nigthmare just to bother Glacius XP
Or maybe the mirror…Don’t you love beating people with their own characters? Mirror teach me so much =3

BINGO bro!!! Thats exactly what thise stupid S3 season do fare the best. force peoples too play mirror or MU.
i wil always remember in s2 when i has to fight against really good kan ra as sadira i lost mostly but it was really fun cause both player must pay much attention to what they where doing.
and if you play glay you only has to care about your defense and zonning and he care for the rest hahahhaha :smirk: enjoy him before he get nerf bro. ggs

Pretty much, considering he is a zoner. I mean it’s easier to react to than Shagos cross up divekick or slide and it won’t work on block string. It has to be a raw read to actually hit.

is this thread made as a atempt to get this character nerfed?

seems like, but why asking for nerf when most on here wants buffs!!! i dont get it cause yesterday it was sadira wulf kan ra then no much peoples complainned but they are all happy , and suddenly when it happenned to jago , now they are all asking for nerf glacius just because hes now like 5-5 with jago lomfao

JEALOUSY “” YALL ARE WELCOME IN MY S3 ex sadira world"" hhahahahhahahha

I will tell you why Glacius should be nerfed:

Situation 1 - you get locked out, Glacius stuffs you with two shadow cold shoulders, rip.

Situation 2 - you are aware of the danger so you take your time breaking, Glacius does shadow cold shoulder, you attempt to break it to not eat 34636% of “hardcore zoner” damage, BAM, GET COUNTER BROKE SUCKER!

To break or not to break is bread and butter of this game, because you can receive a severe punishment.

But Glacius will legit kill you in one combo, there is too big reward for that risk.