Why Teabag?

Because it angers the opponent. That’s why they do it. I don’t T-bag and I agree people should iignore it.

I actually got T-bagged once. but I got the last laugh.

10 Likes

An excerpt from the book:

[quote]The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels.

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the beady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoom; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can’t see it, it can’t see you-daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space-suit, etc., etc. Futhermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have “lost.” What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in “Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There’s a frood who really knows where his towel is.” (Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy)

Nestling quietly on top of the towel in Ford Prefect’s satchel, the Sub-Etha-Sens-O-Matic began to wink more quickly. Miles above the surface of the planet the huge yellow somethings began to fan out. At Jodrell Bank, someone decided it was time for a nice relaxing cup of tea.[/quote]

You, my friend, are a strag. You must read it if you are to fully understand the #42.

I like the riptor happy dance though. I think it’s adorable.

2 Likes

It felt really good when I got back at him for hat. Though I admit, I was trying to keep my cool.

Not the teabag, the direction switching on the body. It looks like she’s dancing. I thought it was cute.

1 Like

Why another thread on this?

Can’t we just contain this dead horse that people love beating in one thread?

2 Likes

Well, atleast the OP was trying to understand why people do it.

Fair enough, atleast it isnt another generic complaint.

1 Like

Bored

3 Likes

I would say reasons would be as varied as the players that do it. Some players do it as an insult. Some just a nervous twitch in between rounds. Others because they perhaps mean it in a friendly way and hope you get a laugh out of it. Who knows?

All I can say is it seems like on the forums it’s considered as the worst possible insult you could bestow on another human being just short of committing a hate crime.

2 Likes

Because I’d like to think this is the expression on their faces.

Why do football players celebrate with a dance after a touchdown?

“Oh no. Not again.” ~Pot of Petunias

2 Likes

Because that’s for entertainment. For a crowd. Not for a one-on-one.

1 Like

Its a form of celebration, a victory dance, I doubt anyone grabs their dong “for the crowd”.

Teabagging is just a form of celebration/taunt in good fun, people in this community have paper skin and can’t take a little ribbing I swear. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t care so much if they were playing a crowd. Like the Riptor vs Riptor match at the KIWC. For a private match, (I see ranked as private), I see it as a show of immaturity. Especially if you don’t know each other.

It’s like using the f-word in front of your SO’s parents when you just met at Thanksgiving.

I guess I’ve just been playing games to long or something but as a guy who plays a LOT of shooters I’ve learned to take things a little less personally. A teabag to me is someone saying “Ha, I got you good!” and I get them back hard and retaliate with a teabag of my own and a few melee attacks. Next time they get me, they shoot my corpse and spin in a circle. At the end of of the game it was all in good fun and nobody runs to the internet to complain that the other guy was being a meany head and hurt their feelings.

Maybe that’s just me though, I don’t really get mad when someone double or triple ultras me, I think its kinda cool to see how big they can get their combo before they drop it and I’m not on the clock tapping my toes waiting to get to the next match like I’m working a job, its a casual game we’re supposed to play for fun. I don’t get offended when someone drops a taunt between rounds either. :\

:arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

6 Likes

I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST DID THAT AND HAVENT BEEN BANNED!!!

Why won’t it let me post this?

2 Likes

I’m such a baddie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: