Why does IG keep fixing what ISN'T broken? Instead of what IS broken?

Which is a good thing. Most people who are color blind are red-green color blind. A lot of people don’t realize this, but it’s fairly common. There are about 3 million cases a year of people who become or are born with red-green color blindness.

2 Likes

The way which you an the other saying Implies (to me at least) It’s a fisaco. Which it’s not. I could be wrong though, I do assume things way to much during these days.

For that I’m sorry.

Feedback Only goes so far. Like with ultimates. Tons of people wanted the back. But in the end we didn’t get them. Does It make KI better or worst? H-e-l-l NO!

It’s still the Ki reboot we all know an love. (There I go assuming again)

I feel Like this Game changed for the better in ALL the right ways.

1 Like

This is true. And also I personally find it a visually jarring task to play on super red stages.

1 Like

Cinder stage is terrible. That’s it eheh

Wow, another rant post! Off-topic it goes.

2 Likes

That’s fine, but I’m in the group that will cheerlead IG/MS for their great work, and still point out flaws along with room for improvement.

Ultimates SHOULD be in the game, there’s no question about it. Ultimates, if done properly, would make the game better & more in line with KI tradition. KI has always been about having multiple ways to finish & humiliate your opponent. It’s only fitting to continue that tradition today; since many of us have been playing KI for over 15 years, we have certain expectations. You can’t fault KI veterans for being disappointed when only Shago has an Ultimate after 3 seasons.

TJ Combos taunt animation is bad. Maya’s stage finisher animation, along with a few others, are bad. Some of the airbreaker animations could be touched up. Retro Sabre, Orchid, & retro Maya could use some work. I would like issues like these prioritized in S3.

It’s our responsibility as a community to express our likes & dislikes to improve quality of life for KI, remind them of old issues that still haven’t been addressed, and for the developers to listen.

1 Like

I beg to differ.

I like to think “if its not game breaking” It shouldn’t be up THAT high on the list of priorities.

If it’s ranting they won’t listen. So say your words carefully :slightly_smiling: (I’m not talking about you but this thread was apparently deemed as a rant for good reason too)

You could at least acknowledge the points before calling it a rant… (give some type of relevant answer instead)

they fixed the combo breakers being too much of a momentum swing and be able to combo off them. to me, that was my biggest issue with KI. i am on board with how they should fix wulf’s retro though. down here we call his retro “malito wulf”. that is not a good thing.

All they need to do to fix retro wolf is give him pants, more fur and bandages he had before. He looks like a hamster…especially with the Benny color.

Beg to differ? Lol. Name a Killer Instinct game that doesn’t have multiple ways to finish/humiliate your opponent. … :neutral_face:

And apparently IG/MS has time to make cosmetic changes to KI in Season 3 ( ex: stage lighting, purple shadow effects for the entire cast), so there is room for cosmetics on IG/MS priority list.

None of the games are without finishers. Ultras are finishers right?

It’s not all about that though. You said:[quote=“XboxOneO, post:26, topic:5576”]
KI has always been about having multiple ways to finish & humiliate your opponent.
[/quote]

I beg to differ because It’s been about the combos/wacky cast/ and hype announcer :smiley: Not ways to finish/humiliate your opponent.

1 Like

While I’d love to see some of the retros from season one improved upon, and hair for a lot of the characters touched up a good deal, I don’t know what you think you’re trying to accomplish with your original post.

Do you think the devs are going to say “wow, thank you for that thoughtful feedback. Because you posted this, we’ll get to work on that stuff right away.” No? So were you just ranting and complaining to make yourself feel better? To get all that stuff off of your chest?

Okay… Feel better?

There are things that a lot of us would like to see touched up, but maybe try and be a bit more constructive in your criticism? Just a suggestion. Unless you’re just here to rant and self sooth, in which case, I can’t help ya.

1 Like

See now you’re just looking too hard at semantics in order to feel like you’re right & im wrong.

With your last quote I could say that you’re incorrect also…

“I beg to differ because It’s been about the combos/wacky cast/ and hype announcer Not ways to finish/humiliate your opponent.”

^^^^ FALSE. KI has been about combos/wacky cast/hype announcer/ AND ways to finish/humiliate your opponent.

A taste of your own medicine. Enjoy :joy:

[quote=“XboxOneO, post:34, topic:5576”]
See now you’re just looking too hard at semantics in order to feel like you’re right & im wrong.
[/quote] I never meant it like that… Sorry If came at you like that…Meh.

Well… thats your opinion :confused: I can respect it too.

I wouldn’t. I don’t care about any of these items at all, and think the devs’ time would be better spent on things that actually affect gameplay. Heck, I’d rather they just work on new costumes outright over trying to “fix” retros that people are just going to keep complaining about anyway.

New stage lighting looks really good IMO - honestly don’t see how you can say the old stages look better @MrxFlutterShy . And I say that as someone who honestly thought the old stages looked fine, and thought all the threads and complaints about “make the stages look more detailed like MKX” were silly and should have been ignored. But you’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

Re: OP, I won’t bother to try and answer all the complaints up there, but these two caught my eye.

Because the new mechanics actually add interesting new layers to the gameplay and make it more balanced and fun? Because many, many players don’t actually give a ■■■■ about the way air counter breakers look or how people are endlessly fixated on characters’ hair?

There are lot of things the devs’ time and energy could be spent on. In general, I’ll take new gameplay mechanics and balance adjustments any day over little aesthetic tweaks. I’d have been happy with no stage lighting change and no change to shadows, but neither am I going to complain about how I’m being robbed and ignored, particularly before we’ve even seen what all S3 actually has to offer.

4 Likes

I agree. To me it’s really the gameplay that ultimately matters. KI has always been about making crazy, epic combos and the two way interaction (mind games, risk-reward, etc). So all that aesthetic stuff about the retros, hair, ultimates don’t really mean a damn thing to me because it doesn’t affect my gameplay. You can have a game look as pretty as the stars themselves, but if the gameplay (which is the entire point of a GAME in the first place) sucks then that’s a major deal breaker.

1 Like

I don’t know why everyone thinks Thunder 2nd Retro outfit isn’t close to his Classic outfit? The only difference is there is no face paint. He has a Mohawk, Shirtless, and has 2 Tomahawks.

I think its close enough…but whatever. that’s why there is a new design, and 4 other skins to choose from. In other words…IT IS NOT BROKEN

1 Like

But…Killer Instinct is a 2013 game.

I know. I just heard a few of the devs say “we want the game to look more like a modern title”.