Why do you like Killer Instinct?

The pace of gameplay and the variety / creativity in character designs. The game is so active it rarely feels like there’s any downtime in a match, which is fun and tense, and the character designs are seriously out there.

1 Like

The roster itself is what drew me to the game. I find human characters to be boring, and most games tend to have one or two “monster” characters to cater to non-human lovers, and the rest of the roster is just humans, whereas KI has so many types of monsters. This game has the most unique roster of any fighter.

main reasons are within the game itself. i mean, it’ a fighting game, combo system, ultimates and no mercies as in mk ( no more actually :frowning: ), the announcer saying names of fighters and combos type, the velocity of gameplay, etc…

and for the roster: eyedol and tusk on all, i also loved the old riptor while a lot less the new one… and all monsters chars in general.

I like KI because its a western game and has a scary gritty graphics.

Also the Graphics in KI is Amazing. Not a huge fan of the combo system or even worse the Combo Assist feature. I don’t understand the need for combo assist, thats not what makes KI hard to play. Its combo breaker system is what makes this game very hard to learn.

People only play 1 or 2 characters in any fighting game, so why would they add combo assist? could have something to do with this being Free to Play and combo assist would make people tempted to buy new characters even though they would always still revert back to their main.

1 Like

Wow, you are such a negative thinker, you cant even say anything positive about the game without including something negative about it…

…its called, “What do you LIKE about Killer Instinct?”

4 Likes

I like the Graphics.

Speak for yourself homeboy.

1 Like

the statistics show that over 90% of players main 1 or 2 characters at most. You are only really going to be your best at a certain style of play and you are going to hate other style of play that is a fact.

What got me started in KI was the characters, the similar playstyle to SF2, and a similar dark tone to MK, plus a lot of heavy promotion through Nintendo Power. I remember the first time I actually played KI at an arcade was on a band trip. We stopped at a mall and KI was in the arcade. NP as a promotional goodie had these cards of most of the characters that on the back would have their special moves. I took them with me, set them down on the arcade cabinet, and proceded to get my ■■■ handed to me by an arcade regular who was trying to give me a mid-game run down of FG lingo (for example he described the attack buttons as 1,2,3 for punches & 4,5,6 for kicks) and got me well confused. Later I got the SNES version & played the crap out of it.

Modern KI, I like it for the nostalgia, the smoothness of the gameplay. I like how they fixed a lot of the issues with the original games. I like how they from the get-go encouraged online play, which I never really did in a FG. I really like the music. But mostly, it’s just a fun game.

^ I agree with this post fully.

Back in the 90’s KI to me was like a Mortal Kombat Street Fighter Game. But this KI is even better its darker grittier and has shadow jago. The graphics in this game is insane the stages are very well done especially saberwulf stage wow it looks good

1 Like

You should have stopped there the first time, remember, restraint is your friend :wink:

2 Likes