Why do some people hate RASH♥?

I think you hit the nail on the head

1 Like

He’s an out of place, goofy character that is not fun to play against (I can beat him, soooo)… Just my opinion. I’m starting to skip players that use him. Having fun is my first priority. Maybe if fg pros didn’t make $500/yr on average (2 months worth of my power bills), I would stomach Rash and play against him more to learn the matchup intimately.

I don’t care what you guys say. If I find that match up so unenjoyable, I am going to skip it. Rash is an awful guest character (IMO), and I have effectively eliminated him from the roster.

1 Like

Just annoying in gameplay. More annoying then playing sadira vs gargos/cinder/shago.

I never hated him he just get annoying when all players do is rely on wrecking ball and grab.

1 Like

I hate Rash because his awesome stage music DOES NOT fit any of the stages.

I have tried and tried but I think the training stage with a BattleToads inspired logo/ background would be the only option left.

I like Rash as a character, he adds a sort of goofiness that makes him stand out from the rest of the cast. I don’t like his wrecking ball move :expressionless:

IDK some folks want repeat things and stay in the safety zone.

I personally want contrast and verity, so of course I think Rash is great.

1 Like

…Because Thunder and Kan-Ra are the same…Lol…SMH. Too much “variety” has nothing to do with why I don’t like Rash.

:upside_down:

never asked yourself why this “fragile illusion” existed? maybe cause before rash all chars supposed to be serious?? :upside_down: :wink:
if a developer can’t catch the nature of a game and remake it randomly is not fault of the fans lol :laughing: :v:

I hate rash just as much as Shago. He has ridiculous range on everything, almost every move gets easy counter hits, and almost every thing is either safe, or requires an invincible DP to punish. He is a better rushdown character than Sabre or Riptor, and his tounge stops the zoning tools of almost every zoning character in the game.

2 Likes

Ice Aliens
Human Torch Ripoff
Harryhausen Skeleton
A boxer that dresses like Urban Hulk Hogan
A ManSnakeLizardRaptorThing

Spare me this tired argument please

4 Likes

And this is where the disagreements come from. To some all the previous characters were serious, to others KI has been goofy since day one.

Deadpool and Daffy Duck are both goofy,
…oh wait which side am I on?

other dimensions
fanta-realms
men who fire ice
men who fire acid
gods of thunder
centaurs
sorcerers absorbing the souls and transform into owners
deads who never die
(…)

all of this is ridicoulos too, and it’s mortal kombat. then, from this point of view, we can assume that almost all fighting games are not serious or can’t be serious and just because of their fantasy context, wich makes them regardless ridiculous, every kind of char is legitimized to fit the roster. staying with that, i assume that in your vision a serious fighting game can only be the kind of EA Sports MMA, for example: reality for reality and free of all for fantasy.

so i suppose you wouldn’t have nothing against the presence of donald duck in lord of the rings movies, or in the witcher’s videogames series… who cares, their are all fantasy contexts and must fit every fantasy char, right?

ps. i don’t hate rash, nor care too much about him and other guests.

nothing against rash, but i can understand users who don’t like him and i don’t kid them cause “they wouldn’t understood the goofy essence of the game (subtitle: since they are dumber than me)”.

the choice to exalt the goofy part of the chars (a small detail of the entire series) it’s up to devs and they do it with rash, a single char. for me it is a measured, good choice, i can stay with it, but sure we can’t give to understand that then the original games were ridiculous and fans who didn’t got it, and don’t like rash for this, are stupid!
for sure, adding other 2 or 3 comic chars like rash would denaturalize the game so, as you can see, it takes a moment to break proportions.

I honestly don’t see that big a difference between Rash, Donald Duck or the TMNT. They all belong in the KI world as much as each other.

Considering you had Thunder hitting Saberwulf so hard he turned into a can of dog food, Riptor farting, and dances for everybody (humiliation)…yeah it was goofy since day one .

It makes me sad seeing how much hate there is for this character, because I really like the character, but I’m starting to see why most people don’t like him. It seems it’s mostly wrecking ball, which is funny because I hardly use that move, but I can see how that move could be annoying.

Now he isn’t broken or anything, but if you want my 2 cents on how to make him less hated, as a rash player, maybe they should take away the ability to almost immediately do a move out of wrecking ball, the armor is enough, make it a little less safe on block, and maybe cut some distance tongue can go, I’d say about 10% of the distance to start off.

It’s not that they hate the character, it’s just his attacks all seem very safe and hard to punish. Along with his taunt, it’s the perfect storm for saltiness.