Why do so many people hate on KI's graphics so hard? (KI's Shortcomings)

KI looks okay but lacks cinematic fluff.

Eagle is like Batman. No expression at all, even when getting hit lol

2 Likes

Have you seen his expression during Kilgore’s ultimate? He just accepts his fate without the fear of being annihilated.

2 Likes

I think that Thunder and Spinal are very well featured and they look amazing. Thunder because he changed a lot, he is huge and menacing (in a good way). And Spinal , what can I say, just look at him.
I wasn’t convinced at Fulgore first, he looked more like a transformer in the chest and I wasn’t digging his feet design. I would have liked his retro was a bit more stylish. But his head design and some other aspects, I like them.

1 Like

I hated glacius’ new design at first, as a glacius main since the 90s but it grew on me.

I still prefer the sleek buff T-1000 guy in the first KI though.

At first I felt similar, but the overall character is great (animation, pose, etc) And with the horns accesories = :heart:
The retro looks incredibly good too. In short I do like the alien design he got this time.
Of course the original was neat,specially if you were a fan of Terminator 2 (that movie, the nostalgia!). However I don’t like much his design in KI2.

2 Likes

Wish I could say the same. I always always always use his retro.

I hate the face on the retro.

Its got this weird angular snowplow thing going on. It looks NOTHING like KI 1 or 2 Glacius. Not to mention I can’t stand the weird transparency glitch with his ice armor on the retro, whenever you pop instinct you can literally see straight though him as if the mass of his body is gone. It looks awful and I just can’t cope with it. lol

Man what do y’all do all day just zoom in on close ups or play the game every thing you guys complained about you can barely see in action while playing but it seems like y’all be overly analyzing the game from close ups of screen shots and you can’t compare graphics with a game that was just released in 2017 (injustice) to game that was released in 2013 of course it’s gonna look dated. KI now looks better than it did when it first released

3 Likes

Actually that’s debatable.

None of the characters with the disfigured faces were part of the original six playable characters. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though nobody is zooming in to nitpick, its painfully obvious just by playing the game. From the close ups they show before and after every match and in some cases even without them. I mean when Hisako leaps into your screen and you can see the blocky JPEG textures on her skin, you don’t need to freeze frame and enhance the image to be aware of it.

But I do get your point, these are simply details and the game is amazing despite its many little flaws. Nobody is hating on KI, the point of the thread was just to identify why so many people don’t like the visual style of the game. Maybe if we identify what the games shortcomings are they can work to enhance them someday or put more effort into those areas in a future KI title.

In the end we all love KI, that’s why we’re here. So don’t think to much about why people are criticizing the game.

Just to point this out Injustice 2 has this issue as well, especially with the apple the Green Arrow shoots in his outtro
its texture is noticeably blocky. So the shinier, new graphics aren’t free of this issue either.

Not arguing or trying to make a counterpoint, or anything, just stating a fact for general use in this topic either side can use.

3 Likes

Glacius has a body? I thought this char was literally a puddle on floor

Only in the summer.

2 Likes

Lel. In the spring his model thins out and in the fall he slowly regains shape. Winter is his stomping ground. Summer, he’s a pssy btch.

1 Like

come on, man, don’t be the piggy-back joke guy

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah chill out dude.

Alright then.

KI is an early Xbox One title. Prettier titles on the system will arise. It’s kinda like how Halo 3 and Halo 4 are. Halo 3 was released in 2007, and Halo 4 was released in 2012. Halo 4, from purely technical view, is more visually impressive than its predecessor that was released 5 years prior.

When trying to push hardware to the limit take these into consideration:
Good Graphics
Lots of Things on Screen
Good Framerate

Pick 2

The funny thing about you mentioning Halo 3 is even 10 years later it’s graphics are obviously starting to show its age, but it’s not BAD by any means. I mean it was good enough that in the Master Chief collection they simply upscaled it but didn’t give it the facelift Halo 1 & 2 so desperately needed
and IMHO Halo 3 still doesn’t NEED it. It could use one, of course, but it doesn’t NEED it.

And IMHO KI fits into this category as well. Even though it’s a bit older than the newer FGs on the market, it still doesn’t look BAD, In fact it’s visual style is still pretty attractive.

What I do think KI has an issue with is the lack of a change of scenery to keep things fresh. We have had no new stages since the first of Season 3, and virtually no new outfits outside of Thunder’s special one and newer characters to keep your eyes focused on the candy. And without new incoming eye candy you’re left looking at the same old designs, and you start to notice the kinks in the graphical armor
cause it’s either that or Glacius’s horns for the 3 thousandth time.

But yeah, new duds and stages would go a looooong way towards keeping the visuals fresh and engaging.

1 Like